The Right to kill

SAM, Makes me think of a quote by einstein I saw just a few days ago:

Yeah, I cannot imagine how anyone can get up in the morning and go to a job where they are killing people. Even when I have to kill rats, I cannot sleep for days before and days after. And no one is waiting at home for my rats to come back safe and sound.

How do you wake up and say, hmm today I have to go kill some people I will never know? This is what I am getting paid for?

So when you have a job of killing people, you just do it. You take a weapon, aim it at people and after they are dead, go home and relax in front of the TV with a beer. The people who died, with families and dependents or perhaps as in the case of bombers, the civilians and children who died, are "just a job"?

I think it's circumstantial, Sam. Killing can be heroic, depending on your side's desperateness and motives.

I'm not talking generalities here. As a person, what makes the person select the choice to enlist in a profession where they will go kill strangers?

What does it feel like when they actually kill someone they do not know?

Do they remember the people they killed? What do they think about them?

One of my friends, ironically, killed a soldier to avoid war. It was years ago, but it still impacts him to this day.

If no one did than only bad guys would be killing.

I'm trying to understand how the good guys do it. Have you ever seen a dead person who has died by violence? Its not a pretty sight. So what makes a good person go out there and do it, over and over and over?

I think it's circumstantial, Sam. Killing can be heroic, depending on your side's desperateness and motives.

One of my friends, ironically, killed a soldier to avoid war. It was years ago, but it still impacts him to this day.

I do not believe in "heroic" killing. If you had a choice between a job where you had to kill strangers vs. all other jobs in the world, what would make you choose a job to kill strangers?

I do not believe in "heroic" killing. If you had a choice between a job where you had to kill strangers vs. all other jobs in the world, what would make you choose a job to kill strangers?

If my country depended on able-bodied men like myself to survive, then why shouldn't I choose the job where I kill enemy soldiers? Of course I'd rather avoid war and killing altogther, but if the war is being brought to me, it is heroic and necessary to enlist and fight back.

If my country depended on able-bodied men like myself to survive, then why shouldn't I choose the job where I kill enemy soldiers? Of course I'd rather avoid war and killing altogther, but if the war is being brought to me, it is heroic and necessary to enlist and fight back.

So you would do it to save your country? If your family was killed by someone who was doing it to save their country, like its happening in Iraq for instance, you would be alright with it?

I am not talking about me, some people would,

What if someone you loved was killed by someone else who did it for money?

So you would do it to save your country? If your family was killed by someone who was doing it to save their country, like its happening in Iraq for instance, you would be alright with it?

Did you read what I said?

"but if the war is being brought to me"

The Iraqi war wasn't brought to the Americans. The Americans initiated the war themselves, and followed through by actually invading Iraq. Completely different. I would never support my country if they were the one doing the unjustified invading. If we're being invaded, though, then killing in the name of war is heroic.

Did you read what I said?

"but if the war is being brought to me"

The Iraqi war wasn't brought to the Americans. The Americans initiated the war themselves, and followed through by actually invading Iraq. Completely different. I would never support my country if they were the one doing the unjustified invading. If we're being invaded, though, then killing in the name of war is heroic.

But they all enlisted to "save" their country. Should they refuse? Is that right?

What if someone you loved was killed by someone else who did it for money?

i would be gutted sure i would, but i wouldn't take things into my own hands and kill them,

i would be gutted sure i would, but i wouldn't take things into my own hands and kill them,

So if you knew there were people killing people for money and one of teh victims happened to be your loved one, you'd just shrug your shoulders and say "they did it for the money"?

But they all enlisted to "save" their country. Should they refuse? Is that right?

Whatever. You're not trying to understand my argument. If the war is being brought and fought in my country, then fighting back is heroic. If you can't see the difference between this and Americans fighting in Iraq, then I've just wasted ten minutes of my time in this thread.

Whatever. You're not trying to understand my argument. If the war is being brought and fought in my country, then fighting back is heroic. If you can't see the difference between this and Americans fighting in Iraq, then I've just wasted ten minutes of my time in this thread.

So you would sign up to kill people. And you would be alright with killing these people.

So you would sign up to kill people. And you would be alright with killing these people.

If my country was being invaded, as in enemy soldiers were bombing my nation's infrastructure, killing its civilians, raping its women, stealing it resources, then you're damn right I would sign up to kill people. And you know what? I wouldn't give a fuck how many I killed. However, if my nation started a war itself, and they were in another country doing the fighting, I would refuse to join.

what makes the person select the choice to enlist in a profession where they will go kill strangers?

Troll go away. Your questions have been answered.

What does it feel like when they actually kill someone they do not know?
Do they remember the people they killed? What do they think about them?

You are pretty fucking stupid, excuse my French. just how the fuck would we know???

So you would do it to save your country?

hey, I would even do it just to clean up message boards from stupid trolls...

Back