The Right to kill

Kadark:

Okay, so you would only kill in defense, not for money or as a job. I am interested in those who do it as a job. Why do they do it?

So if you knew there were people killing people for money and one of teh victims happened to be your loved one, you'd just shrug your shoulders and say "they did it for the money"?

no... i just wouldn't go out venting my own form of justice, i would leave that to the law

Yeah, I get it, its the law, its kill or be killed. I'm interested in individuals who take it as a vocation.

Kadark:

Okay, so you would only kill in defense, not for money or as a job. I am interested in those who do it as a job. Why do they do it?

They do it because they didn't have enough success at school, and the military seemed like the only viable alternative at the time. Seriously, when is the last time you saw a person brilliant in academia enlist in the military?

They do it because they didn't have enough success at school, and the military seemed like the only viable alternative at the time. Seriously, when is the last time you saw a person brilliant in academia enlist in the military?

So because they were unsuccessful they decided to kill people for a living? Thats weird.

When you see a person killed by violence up close, you can smell their flesh and blood, see parts of their body that are usually covered by skin and bone. Its revolting [I saw a man whose arm had been pulled off in a traffic accident]. I can understand doing it once, how do you do it again?

The army is a vocation, it's a job, and for some, it's for life!

Exactly, there are people who make a living out of killing people they do not know. Its a choice. They get up in the morning knowing they will kill people. They sleep at night knowing they have killed people. I want to know why and how they do it. If they ever think about the people they kill, the consequences of their deaths. What is their feeling about these killings, etc.

What makes a man sign up to kill other people?

How does a person point a weapon at another person they do not even know, kill them and go home to a "normal" life?

How do they justify taking away someone's right to life?

You can answer that yourself. RAT KILLER ! :)

Yeah, I'm wondering, if I had to kill a person, I would have to visit their family, to apologise for taking that person away from them before his time. I would not make a good soldier.

Kadark:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociopath

Theres something seriously wrong with these people.

I brought up this story in another thread once. But I met this guy once. He joined the army just after the Iraq war started. I asked him why on earth he would join he army in the midst of a war. His response: "I wanted to kill people."
The guy fit all the criteria for a sociopath.

Yeah, I'm wondering, if I had to kill a person, I would have to visit their family, to apologise for taking that person away from them before his time. I would not make a good soldier.

You go to the rats family and apologize for taking away and killing the rat ?

Yeah, I get it, its the law, its kill or be killed. I'm interested in individuals who take it as a vocation.

There are some people in the world that don’t have a lot of options. I know people that joined the U.S military to escape extreme poverty. I also know people that left Israel because they weren’t comfortable with the fact that their government would one day force their child to join the military. Most soldiers are fully aware of the fact they are nothing more than pawns in the game of life, but some do it to avoid going to prison, and others do it so they can afford to have a roof over their head and put food on their table.

Exactly, there are people who make a living out of killing people they do not know. Its a choice. They get up in the morning knowing they will kill people. They sleep at night knowing they have killed people. I want to know why and how they do it. If they ever think about the people they kill, the consequences of their deaths. What is their feeling about these killings, etc.

Of course they think about the people that they killed. Haven’t you ever heard about soldiers that suffer from depression and post traumatic stress syndrome?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociopath

Theres something seriously wrong with these people.

I brought up this story in another thread once. But I met this guy once. He joined the army just after the Iraq war started. I asked him why on earth he would join he army in the midst of a war. His response: "I wanted to kill people."
The guy fit all the criteria for a sociopath.

Apparently there is no lack of sociopaths in any society then.

I would be interested to hear from any soldiers here. Do they enjoy the violence? The killing?

I'm not talking generalities here. As a person, what makes the person select the choice to enlist in a profession where they will go kill strangers?

What does it feel like when they actually kill someone they do not know?

Do they remember the people they killed? What do they think about them?

Such a job like the military, is pitched in terms of serving one's country. You learn to kill, but the object isn't just killing. No one really signs up because they want to kill, they want the power that comes from being in a position to kill when necessary.

It's very difficult, from what I hear. Some people never get over it, and find it difficult to return to civil society.

To kill when necessary.

How is that defined? When is it necessary to kill?

Back