The most sought after knowledge in the world - “proof of G-d”!

Anita Meyer said:
Look I don’t know where you’ve been, but in no way did I ever suggest that a theory could be proved! It fails miserably with the “Theory of Evolution”.
Ah, it must have been the other you that posted this:
Anita Meyer said:
I’ve said it before in the other thread and I’ll say it again in this thread… If you can prove the “Evolution Theory” satisfactorily, then the Nobel prize awaits you and you will become a hero as the first man who finally shut the Creationists up over the origin of life.
Have you asked her what she meant?

why is there no "o" in g-d?

A custom. Developed by the Jews and transferred to some denominations.

Basic theory goes the Name of God is Soooo holy that to write it down or speak it does it some kind of disservice.

I totally disagree with this tradition.

Funny thing is that the Word "God" is not the actual name of God. God is what He is not his name. So the pasting that Jewish tradition onto the word God is nonsensical.

But i guess if someone wants to make a show of being more religious and devout then the next guy. Then that kind of stuff impresses those who are impressed by that kind of stuff.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Basic theory goes the Name of God is Soooo holy that to write it down or speak it does it some kind of disservice.

Funny thing is that the Word "God" is not the actual name of God. God is what He is not his name. So the pasting that Jewish tradition onto the word God is nonsensical.

But i guess if someone wants to make a show of being more religious and devout then the next guy. Then that kind of stuff impresses those who are impressed by that kind of stuff.

How do you think Jews should read the second command from Sinai - without rendering it superfluous or fulfilled away?

In the 1st book "Genesis 1" starting from the very first letter T(Tuv)

In my version the first letter in Genesis is 'B' - the second alphabet. This is a square with only the GO FORTH side open, looking left from right. I guess this is because there is no ONE in the universe.

How do you think Jews should read the second command from Sinai - without rendering it superfluous or fulfilled away?

We should treat the name of God with respect and only use it when we are talking to or about Him.

It's a step over the mark to tell people you cannot speak His name or write His name down. That in fact suppresses the name and takes it away from the people. If one cannot speak the name or write the name then how can one keep the name.

Keeping a name Holy is not keeping it hidden.

Have you been chased to read it - by whom? Please feel free to make enlightening comments of what you are not inclined to read about. Just ell 'em Groucho sent you. :cool:

chased, no. just uninterested. i don't need a book to prove to me that god exists.

thank you adstar. imo, and i'm guessing it's yours too, god is most holy, but not superficial.

How'd you even find out about 'um if not for "The Book" ?

:bugeye:

he put the whammy on me. iow, i've experienced it...via the spirit.

don't get me wrong, the bible has given me direction, but only when directed by the spirit, and interpreted by the spirit.

i actually don't understand at all, how someone could truly believe just because it's written in a book, or it's someone else's testimony, or there's some code described. those things might make some sense, and they may spark an interest, but you can't really KNOW god that way.

actually, if you look at what is in the bible, a large part of it are accounts of people hearing the voice of god, being moved and driven by the spirit, and faith in what they've experienced. most of the time against all odds, and contrary to the understanding and acceptance of those around them. i've experienced that.

he put the whammy on me. iow, i've experienced it...via the spirit.

don't get me wrong, the bible has given me direction, but only when directed by the spirit, and interpreted by the spirit.

i actually don't understand at all, how someone could truly believe just because it's written in a book, or it's someone else's testimony, or there's some code described. those things might make some sense, and they may spark an interest, but you can't really KNOW god that way.

actually, if you look at what is in the bible, a large part of it are accounts of people hearing the voice of god, being moved and driven by the spirit, and faith in what they've experienced. most of the time against all odds, and contrary to the understanding and acceptance of those around them. i've experienced that.

whatever floats your boat Lori - although personally I'd give you or the individuals in question the credit for acheiving things against all odds - not some sky daddy.

but hey - it beats desperately trying to extract secret codes and messages from the pages of some dusty old book written by bronze age sister-fucking goat herders.

did you know they've found similar messages in the pages of moby dick?

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/moby.html

and the collected works of vanilla ice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyNi7bYt0v0

whatever floats your boat Lori - although personally I'd give you or the individuals in question the credit for acheiving things against all odds - not some sky daddy.

well, all i did was sincerely want to know, and pretty much demanded proof that you just can't get from a book or some other person. :shrug:

Back