The Laws of the "Universe"

LIGHTBEING

Registered Senior Member
All physical phenomena are attributes of God!

Einsteins's special theory of relativity equates energy with matter!
e = mc2, which states that energy equals mass, times the speed of light squared, can be rewritten by dividing both sides of the equation by the constant, c2, to give, e/c2 = m, which states that energy, divided by the speed of light squared, equals mass.

In either case, the speed of light squared is a constant, and conceptually therefore, can be removed from the equation.

It's just a number.

Energy equals mass multiplied by a number.

Mass equals energy divided by a number.

EveryTHING is energy!
All matter is energy. AnyTHING with mass, everyTHING with mass, is noTHING more than energy.

Your body, for example, is made of structures, organs, tissues, and fluids, etc.. All of these are made of cells. Each of these is made of molecules, which are made of atoms, which are made of atomic particles, electrons orbiting around their nuclei. The THING that gives substance to matter is the speed of the particles.

It's all just tiny particles of energy, traveling around other particles of energy, so very fast that they seem to be solid.

But even the atomic particles are made of even smaller sub-atomic particles, quarks and such, which can probably best be described as only "VIBRATIONS" of energy.

Good Vibrations!
So, all mass is energy, made up of vibrations. These vibrations are ELECTRICAL!

What about energy that is without mass? Is there such a thing?

What about light, x-rays, radio, microvave, heat, and all the other forms of energy that don't appear to have any mass?

It's easy to assert that these are in a different category of phenomena.

It's similar to saying that, "All snakes are reptiles, but not all reptiles are snakes." Right?

Did you know that LIGHT has been demonstrated to BEND an object?

For years now, it has been taught that light is both particles and waves. In fact, it's waves of particles. And waves are noTHING more that the crests and valleys of vibrations.

Waves are vibrational. Energy is vibrational. Mass is Vibrational.
27. (A) ...know that Life itself - to be sure - is the Creative Force or God, yet its manifestations in man are electrical - or vibratory. Know then that the force in nature that is called electrical or electricity is that same force ye worship as Creative or God in action!

Seeing this, feeling this, knowing this, ye will find that not only does the body become revivified, but by the creating in every atom of its being the knowledge of the activity of this Creative Force or Principle as related to spirit, mind, body - all three are renewed. For these are as the trinity in the body, these are as the trinity in the principles of the very life force itself - as the Father, the Son, the Spirit - the Body, the Mind, the Spirit - these are one. One Spirit, One God, One Activity. Then see Him, know Him, in those influences. For even as the Son gave, "I of myself may do nothing, but as the Father worketh in me, through me." So it is with an individual entity or soul that sees the activities which man hath been given in the earth. For the first command is ever as thine own, "Be ye WISE and SUBDUE THE EARTH."

Through Edgar Cayce (1299-1) November 28, 1936

6. ...Electricity or vibration is that same energy, same power, ye call God. Not that God is an electric light or an electric machine, but that vibration that is creative is of that same energy as life itself.

Through Edgar Cayce (2828-4) September 20, 1943

God is Energy, therefore, God is Matter!
"I am the light of the world: He that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life"

Jesus the Christ, John 8:12 (KJV)

"As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

Jesus the Christ, John 9:5 (KJV)

With the perfect understanding of any law, the law may be made a part of the entity, and as the development through the physical plane is to gain the understanding of all Universal Laws, the knowledge thus attained and made a part of the entity, brings the development, whether from those still in earth plane, whether from subconscious conditions, or from those who have left their impressions in the earth plane, and have passed to other planes. Hence the necessity of the given force as was said, "My Son, in all Thy getting, get understanding", and the ability to apply same.

Through Edgar Cayce (900-25) January 21, 1925

All physical phenomena are attributes of God!

That is only YOUR opinion. What evidence do you have?

The THING that gives substance to matter is the speed of the particles.

There is a clear distinction between substance and matter. Matter is used as a label to describe a very broad criteria. If something has mass when it is stationary, it is considered matter, otherwise it is considered energy. The term substance is used as a label for a collection of matter with specific chemical properties. The smallest unit of a substance is an atom. The largest unit of a substance is a molecule.

What about energy that is without mass? Is there such a thing?

Photons.

You appear as confused about science as you are about religion. Perhaps you should focus on one at a time.

This is my Opinion. I believe that God is the total of all matter, energy, and life. I'm not confused at all. This is what I call my Truth, not neccesarily yours.

Lightbeing,

Energy equals mass multiplied by a number.

Mass equals energy divided by a number.

EveryTHING is energy!
All matter is energy. AnyTHING with mass, everyTHING with mass, is noTHING more than energy.
You appeared to be presenting this as a syllogism, but your conclusion is a non sequitur. And hence your logic is invalid.

The two states ‘m’ and ‘e’ are qualitatively different. To conclude that everything is ‘e’ is invalid.

What you could claim is that everything could be ‘e’ if all of ‘m’ were converted to ‘e’. But the universe as we currently perceive is a combination of both ‘e’ and ‘m’.

Since much of your post depends on your invalid conclusion here then it follows that most of the rest of your post is equally invalid.

The introduction of a third state ‘God’ without providing a definition, justification, or proof, invalidates all subsequent conclusions that depend on this claim.

Since your logic is invalid and you have based your opinions on bad logic then what is the value of your opinions?

But try again. You do have some facts in there it is just that you have jumbled them up and tried to link them illogically.

But you'll have to prove the existence of God before you can use that as a premise in any arguments.

Cris

LIGHTBEING,

An analogy for you -

There is a relationship between ice and steam. Perhaps if nothing else existed except ice and steam you could claim that everything is H2O.

But clearly ice has very differnt proporties to steam and it would not be valid to say they are the same thing.

To compare this analogy to your claim where everything is energy, you would have to claim that everything is steam. And that clearly is not correct.

What, in your claim, is the direct evquivalent to H2O in this example? Find that then you can say that everything is 'x'. Hmm, sounds like unified field theory, maybe?

Cris

Lightbeing...

You are quite smart it seems, however you need to concentrate a bit more on your analogy, in order to make some sence, for this I would consult some astrophysics websites, or books.

your premise has some flaws, to it, what is god?
everythihg is god?
if all energy and matter are attributes of god, then that makes us god!.
We are gods, is basically what I gather from your sillogism.
in this in a way you may be correct, we are gods of this existence, of this world, however not the kinds of god, that are as the bible discribes, with supernatural powers, though some scientists seem to have developed some devices that seem to have supernatural power. The computer for instance, to an uncivilized tribal indian from the Amazon, he would think of us as some form of gods, when arriving in airplanes, with pocket computers, and so forth....lol.

God is non-existent.
God is nothing.
God is only a word, made up to explain the unexplainable.

First of all, who created this being? what god above our "defenition of god" created god?
if everything has attributes to god, then what has attributes of this god?

Cris and Godless, thanks for the input and criticism. I was really reaching with the idea above. I guess I need to put a little more work and thought into it. I don't really look at "God" in the Biblical sense as having Supernatural powers and control over our destiny. But I do feel that we are a part of Everything. That we are a part of the Universe. That we are a part of "God". What I feel is real.

Lightbeing,

<i>Einsteins's special theory of relativity equates energy with matter!</i>

No, it allows for the transformation of one into the other.

<i>...In either case, the speed of light squared is a constant, and conceptually therefore, can be removed from the equation.</i>

The constant has units (or dimensions, as a physicist would say). That cannot be disregarded. In fact, it shows that the quantities e amd m are different.

<i>Energy equals mass multiplied by a number.</i>

Energy equals mass multiplied by something with the dimensions of a velocity squared.

<i>EveryTHING is energy!</i>

No, since matter and energy are different.

<i>The THING that gives substance to matter is the speed of the particles.</i>

That's not true. The mechanism is as yet unknown, and currently in some doubt since the Higgs boson hasn't been found.

<i>Did you know that LIGHT has been demonstrated to BEND an object?</i>

Huh?

<i>For years now, it has been taught that light is both particles and waves. In fact, it's waves of particles.</i>

It isn't waves of particles. In fact, it's not particles or waves. It's a quantum mechanical thing which acts like particles or waves in particular circumstances.

<i>Waves are vibrational. Energy is vibrational. Mass is Vibrational.</i>

What does that mean, exactly?

<i>God is Energy, therefore, God is Matter!</i>

Who said God was energy?

<i>"I am the light of the world: He that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life"</i>

I don't think Jesus was talking about photons here.

<i>Through Edgar Cayce...</i>

Somebody remind me, please. Wasn't Edgar Cayce a self-proclaimed spiritual channeler who was shown to be a fraud? Or am I thinking of somebody else?

Last edited:
Lightbeing...

Originally posted by LIGHTBEING
Cris and Godless, thanks for the input and criticism. I was really reaching with the idea above. I guess I need to put a little more work and thought into it. I don't really look at "God" in the Biblical sense as having Supernatural powers and control over our destiny. But I do feel that we are a part of Everything. That we are a part of the Universe. That we are a part of "God". What I feel is real.

Yea, we are part of everything, however just replace the word "god" with "Life" to read:
That we are part of "Life"!.

Originally posted by LIGHTBEING
I define "God" as the Universe

Well it is really hard for me to say if I have any particular idea about God. But I think since I was a little child I had the Image of God as big brigth ball of light. Very strong light. I dunno if any one else felt the same way or not?..:D

Lightbeing...flaws or no flaws, I personally, understand where you are going with the idea and do not think you are far from wrong.
Only one time in the entirety of the Bible did anyone ask God who or what He was. The definition given from the source Itself was in fact "I am that I am". "God" is also clearly stated to be the "breath of Life"..."Life itself".

I agree that God is not a manly form with supernatural powers but in fact the Power and Energy of Life itself and thereby the Power that drives and fuels the order we know as "natural order".

Then you should not use the word "god". The word "god" is not a name for a singular thing, but for a type of thing, like "fish", "person", or "lizard". Also, it applies specifically to beings, such as Thor, Shiva, the Rainbow Serpent, et cetera. It does not apply to forces or conditions of nature, such as "gravity".

Many people like to use the word "god" as a simple word for a description of the universe, but to me it seems they are simply trying to continue an old mythological belief by changing it to fit the times when human reasoning has revealed previous explanations to be inadequate.

Either way, the term "god", like "person", refers to a type or class of being rather than a single individual of any kind.

"God" is the name given in the English translation so we are used to it.
The Great "I Am" however was not refered to as God but as a word forbidden to men by the early Isrealites...also Jehovah, Yaweh, and El. Which are words eluding to charecteristics such as "Almighty" "All Knowing" etc..... I again defer to the answer given by "God" "himself" when asked who "he" was..."I Am".

"He" and "God" are simply words we use in our language to communicate a reference. Not being of physical form, nor thereby gender, neither encompasses the existance of the Power of Life.

Jehovah - the special and significant name (not merely an appellative title such as Lord [adonai]) by which God revealed himself to the ancient Hebrews (Ex. 6:2, 3). This name, the Tetragrammaton of the Greeks, was held by the later Jews to be so sacred that it was never pronounced except by the high priest on the great Day of Atonement, when he entered into the most holy place. Whenever this name occurred in the sacred books they pronounced it, as they still do, "Adonai" (i.e., Lord), thus using another word in its stead. The Massorets gave to it the vowel-points appropriate to this word. This Jewish practice was founded on a false interpretation of Lev. 24:16. The meaning of the word appears from Ex. 3:14 to be "the unchanging, eternal, self-existent God," the "I am that I am," a convenant-keeping God. (Comp. Mal. 3:6; Hos. 12:5; Rev. 1:4, 8.)

God [N] [T] [E]

(good ). Throughout the Hebrew Scriptures two chief names are used for the one true divine Being--ELOHIM, commonly translated God in our version, and JEHOVAH, translated Lord . Elohim is the plural of Eloah (in Arabic Allah ); it is often used in the short form EL (a word signifying strength , as in EL-SHADDAI, God Almighty, the name by which God was specially known to the patriarchs. (Genesis 17:1; 28:3; Exodus 6:3) The etymology is uncertain, but it is generally agreed that the primary idea is that of strength, power of effect , and that it properly describes God in that character in which he is exhibited to all men in his works, as the creator, sustainer and supreme governor of the world. The plural form of Elohim has given rise to much discussion. The fanciful idea that it referred to the trinity of persons in the Godhead hardly finds now a supporter among scholars. It is either what grammarians call the plural of majesty , or it denotes the fullness of divine strength, the sum of the powers displayed by God. Jehovah denotes specifically the one true God, whose people the Jews were, and who made them the guardians of his truth. The name is never applied to a false god, nor to any other being except one, the ANGEL-JEHOVAH who is thereby marked as one with God, and who appears again in the New Covenant as "God manifested in the flesh." Thus much is clear; but all else is beset with difficulties. At a time too early to be traced, the Jews abstained from pronouncing the name, for fear of its irreverent use. The custom is said to have been founded on a strained interpretation of (Leviticus 24:16) and the phrase there used, "THE NAME" (Shema ), is substituted by the rabbis for the unutterable word. In reading the Scriptures they substituted for it the word ADONAI (Lord ), from the translation of which by Kurios in the LXX., followed by the Vulgate, which uses Dominus , we have the LORD of our version. The substitution of the word Lord is most unhappy, for it in no way represents the meaning of the sacred name. The key to the meaning of the name is unquestionably given in God’s revelation of himself to Moses by the phrase "I AM THAT I AM," (Exodus 3:14; 6:3) We must connect the name Jehovah with the Hebrew substantive verb to be , with the inference that it expresses the essential, eternal, unchangeable being of Jehovah.

According to Jewish tradition, it was pronounced but once a year, by the high priest on the day of atonement when he entered the holy of holies; but on this point there is some doubt. When Moses received his commission to be the deliverer of Israel, the Almighty, who appeared in the burning bush, communicated to him the name which he should give as the credentials of his mission: "And God said unto Moses, "I AM THAT I AM (ehyea asher ehyeh ); and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." That this passage is intended to indicate the etymology of Jehovah, as understood by the Hebrews, no one has ventured to doubt. While Elohim exhibits God displayed in his power as the creator and governor of the physical universe, the name Jehovah designates his nature as he stands in relation to man, as the only almighty, true, personal, holy Being, a spirit and "the father of spirits,"

I think I have posted that in the past...those who have already seen it, forgive me.

Peace.

Yes, in the Jewish tradition and through to Christianity they use the words "lord", "almighty", et cetera. Also both use the Old English "god". Which, as I said, refers to a class of being rather than a single entity. Gods, goddesses, and so on. This is why the word "god" appears in monotheistic, pantheistic, and polytheistic religions. And in every case, it refers to beings rather than forces/phenomena such as cell-division or gravity. The only reason the Christian religion began calling the head of their monotheistic belief "God" was to try instilling in people the belief that the term was singular, that there was only one God. A simple change of reference to push people further into belief. Like if you had a race of slaves, and you were their master, you might refer to yourself as "Person" and find a lesser name for all of them, such as "slave". Thus "Person", which refers to a type of thing, becomes a singular entity, referring only to you.

Interesting Taken...

Quote: ""God" is the name given in the English translation so we are used to it.
The Great "I Am" however was not refered to as God but as a word forbidden to men by the early Isrealites...also Jehovah, Yaweh, and El. Which are words eluding to charecteristics such as "Almighty" "All Knowing" etc..... I again defer to the answer given by "God" "himself" when asked who "he" was..."I Am"."

In a book, that you may have not read, called the "THE ORIGIN OF CONSCIOUSNESS IN THE BREAKDOWN OF THE BICAMERAL MIND" By Julian Jaynes. There is a hypothesis that individuals consciousness of the early bible stories somewhat differs from ours today. In fact Julian Jaynes demonstrates how the brain comunicates withing one chanber to the other, by hearing voices. For example today, skitsophrenics do in fact report to hearing voices, therefore in the ancient times these voices were concidered voices of gods. To make a long hypothesis short, I will explain the "I Am" as the first of individuals has having similiar consciousness as ours, do to the fact, that for once individuals were thinking for themselves without hearing the voices in their heads.

"I Am" demonstrates identity, of an individual, for example I am Godless, I am Taken etc...

This "I am" however can't relate to your god, supposedly omnipotent, omnipresent, omnieverything... Do to the fact that I'am would reduce this entity to mear human status. I am is also a philosophical point of individual consciousness, a form of identity. What identity can we give god?

Then you should not use the word "god". The word "god" is not a name for a singular thing, but for a type of thing, like "fish", "person", or "lizard". Also, it applies specifically to beings, such as Thor, Shiva, the Rainbow Serpent, et cetera. It does not apply to forces or conditions of nature, such as "gravity".

I just use the term "God" so I can relate to others that use the word in the more traditional sense. But I always made it clear that I do not agree with the term "God" because it adds obvious characteristics. I have explained many times the origin of the word and where I stand in other threads. Even notice the Quotation marks around the term which says something in itself.

"God" is the Universe

OK.

The word god (lower case g) is a noun, i.e. a being with godlike powers, whatever that means. The word God (upper case g) is a name, and as with any name it always begins with an upper case letter.

It seems the religions that believe there is only one god decided to give their god a name and that name is God. Confusing huh.

So Christians will refer to their god by the name they have assigned, God.

I generally never refer to the name God since to do so implies that one has accepted the existence of such an entity to the point that you are prepared to call it by its name. I will talk about the concepts of gods and the Christian god, but not God. It’s just a psychological thing that keeps me aware that the thing doesn’t exist.

But the idea that the universe is a god is fine. But “God”, upper case g and quotes seems somewhat over the top. What does that mean anyway?

So the phrase “God” is the universe, means the universe is called God. And that isn’t what is intended, I think. The idea is simply that the universe is really a god.

Does that help? Or is everyone even more confused?

Cris

Back