The Few and the Many: On Death and Culpability

Exactly and if it feels that killing civilians is worth it to make a point, so it is too.

In other words, make it up as you go along.

I'm not preventing deaths in Sudan, am I a murderer? S.A.M. didn't provide medicines to the Iraqi children either, is she also a murderer? Saddam spent Iraqi money on biological weapons instead of developing Iraqi pharma infrastructure, but we already know he was a murderer.

What if sanctions prevented Saddam from making more WMD's that he might have used to kill millions? Wasn't that the moral decision?

I'm not preventing deaths in Sudan, am I a murderer? S.A.M. didn't provide medicines to the Iraqi children either, is she also a murderer?

Did you actively stop medicines and food from reaching anyone? I did not

Saddam spent Iraqi money on biological weapons instead of developing Iraqi pharma infrastructure, but we already know he was a murderer.

He did? So why did he not use them when he was invaded?

What if sanctions prevented Saddam from making more WMD's that he might have used to kill millions? Wasn't that the moral decision?

What if God had saved the little girl? Would that then be a moral decision?

I'm interested in the kind of society that thinks a parents ignorance should be punished as a crime but is willing to deliberately kill half a million children as a form of punitive measure.

What makes one wrong and the other right?

peranst should know when to take they're kids to see dr's and anyway your just going to use this thread has a way to put over your political rubbish!

whenever your questioned about somthing you change it to what you want to hear!

peranst should know when to take they're kids to see dr's and anyway your just going to use this thread has a way to put over your political rubbish!

whenever your questioned about somthing you change it to what you want to hear!

Personally I think all children have an equal right to live. I do not think it is okay to kill any kids regardless of whether they are British or Iraqi merely to win a pissing contest. But thats just me.

I also do not think the woman should be punished for ignorance unless we are willing to throw into prison every woman who drinks coffee or wine or takes drugs during pregnancy or punish governments and countries who think withholding food and medicine is justice.

Personally I think all children have an equal right to live. I do not think it is okay to kill any kids regardless of whether they are British or Iraqi merely to win a pissing contest. But thats just me.

its not a fucking pissing contest though is it??

its about USA AND UK soldiers going in because we thought they were a danger to us, and if they let the goverment in to inspect for WMD'S then perhpas and i am only saying perhaps it would not have happened!!

Did you actively stop medicines and food from reaching anyone? I did not

He did? So why did he not use them when he was invaded?

What if God had saved the little girl? Would that then be a moral decision?
-By your reasoning, you didn't supply medicines to them, so you are just as responsible for their deaths.

-He didn't have any at the time we invaded. I don't support the Iraq war, but continuing sanctions would have prevented Saddam from remaking his arsenal.

- If the outcome were different, then the parents would not be responsible, but there is no way to attribute her theoretical recovery to a God.

its not a fucking pissing contest though is it??

its about USA AND UK soldiers going in because we thought they were a danger to us, and if they let the goverment in to inspect for WMD'S then perhpas and i am only saying perhaps it would not have happened!!

Perhaps you would have a higher moral ground if your country was not living off the proceeds of exploitation and colonisation and had more than enough WMDs to go around. Especially when history shows that its your countries that are ALWAYS meddling with others.

Pretty hypocritical to hold others to standards you don't follow yourself.

-By your reasoning, you didn't supply medicines to them, so you are just as responsible for their deaths.

-He didn't have any at the time we invaded. I don't support the Iraq war, but continuing sanctions would have prevented Saddam from remaking his arsenal.

- If the outcome were different, then the parents would not be responsible, but there is no way to attribute her theoretical recovery to a God.

So you think actively withholding something is the same as not giving?

There were no WMDs in Iraq either, which makes one belief as valid as the other.

It can be moral to meddle in the affairs of other countries. You said so yourself, we should meddle in the medical supplies available to Iraq.

Perhaps you would have a higher moral ground if your country was not living off the proceeds of exploitation and colonisation and had more than enough WMDs to go around. Especially when history shows that its your countries that are ALWAYS meddling with others.

Pretty hypocritical to hold others to standards you don't follow yourself.

except that i dont starp explosives onto my kids and push them into a crowded place, or my husband doesnt use me has a human shield by hey!!

i'm not a hypocrite, perhaps if iraqi's were seen by the west has a peaceful people then we wouldnt have such a problem with them!!

It can be moral to meddle in the affairs of other countries. You said so yourself, we should meddle in the medical supplies available to Iraq.

So then you cannot complain if the meddled country/person does quid pro quo, can you?

except that i dont starp explosives onto my kids and push them into a crowded place, or my husband doesnt use me has a human shield by hey!!

i'm not a hypocrite, perhaps if iraqi's were seen by the west has a peaceful people then we wouldnt have such a problem with them!!

So its more noble to sit in the safety of an office and sign documents that will result in the death of half a million kids?

Its more noble to sit in an aircraft and throw hundreds of pounds of bombs on people?

I am not complaining about Iraqi efforts to complicate the formation of a stable society there, from my point of view it was the expected outcome.

I am not complaining about Iraqi efforts to complicate the formation of a stable society there, from my point of view it was the expected outcome.

I don't think any people on earth would accept a government set up by an occupation unless they were forced to.

However, the point is that judging a woman for avoiding medications when she most likely was ignorant about the condition of her child seems to me more abhorrent than what the woman did.

Similarly, imposing conditions that keep food and much needed medications from helpless parents and children who are asking for them is a much bigger crime. Especially when there isn't even the excuse of ignorance.

The topic is murder by faith. I am extending the scope of the topic to what faith means. After all the same people who make the laws about personal responsibility are showing a shocking lack of public responsibility and even human rights values, by exploiting the faith of the people.

Why are they held to different standards of ethics?

Back