The Book of Revelations

What do you think of the Book of Revelations?

• Total voters
Did it occur to you that your posts being continually deleted might have something to do with the fact that you're continually derailing the conversation?

Proselytizing religous rhetoric is not the same thing as having a discussion.
Telling someone they're wrong because they have a different invisible friend (or listen to a different voice in their head) is not having a discussion.

And telling someone they have an invisible friend, or are just hearing voices in their heads is a form of athiest Proselytizing you hipocrite.

To say you can have an open discussion while restricting a group within that discussion from expressing what they believe is a lie.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

You don't claim to have an invisible friend???

You don't express it as belief or opinion. You express it as fact yet cannot back it up.

And telling someone they have an invisible friend, or are just hearing voices in their heads is a form of athiest Proselytizing you hipocrite.
No, because the difference is that I simply expressed an opinion, I didn't tell you that you were wrong for having your view.

More to the point.
Are you saying that your god is visible? Perhaps you would consider uploading a picture of him or her.
And if they aren't your friend, then perhaps you should consider changing your subscription.

To say you can have an open discussion while restricting a group within that discussion from expressing what they believe is a lie.
This is an argument from a false premise, which I have addressed above, and feel no compulsion to address further.

As an aside, In my initial post, I mentioned the view that given the politics at the time that the book of revelations was penned, that it seemed like it was probably carefully worded political rhetoric, with the beast being an analog for Rome, and the slain head being an analog for Nero (i've also seen an explanation of what the whore of babylon might be an analog for, but I forget for now).

What I had forgotten at the time was that there were rumors of the ressurection of Nero from his fatal wound to the throat (he cut his own throat when he learned he was to be executed) for several hundred years after his death, and several 'rebel' groups arose with leaders claiming they were the Nero ressurected.

In Defense of the Faith
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Jack Kinsella - Omega Letter Editor

"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." (Revelation 20:12)

While observing, is seems to imply “Judged by what you do not what you believe” is this equally understood?

The ‘book of life’ could be the last chapter to the ‘tree of knowledge’ in which over time, the evolution of knowledge has performed. As it can also be observed that them who gave of themselves, for the evolution of knowledge; do live in what they contributed. We all have the Love of many contributors within the knowledge we comprehend. The ‘good’ live the longest as can be noted as the contributors “spirit” is within us alive and well. Predominately the ‘good’ are them who do for tomorrows ‘life’ over their own which in truth created their life ever-lasting by the choice they made, rather than believed.

The “book of life’ could be the final evolution of knowledge being given unto the children, unbiased, of nature and purely sharing the God of existence, versus the god created by mankind.

The Revealing!

"I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, Whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of His head like the pure wool: His throne was like the fiery flame, and His wheels as burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before Him: thousand thousands ministered unto Him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened." (Daniel 7:9-10)
the three ‘thrones’ are as the three religions (the three ladies bound to the mount)
the books are the beliefs corrupted, as all will see as promised

perhaps from within the horns the birth has come?

Dan 7: 8`I was considering about the horns, and lo, another horn, a little one, hath come up between them, and three of the first horns have been eradicated from before it, and lo, eyes as the eyes of man [are] in this horn, and a mouth speaking great things.

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24:15)

It seems a no-brainer to me.

Did your fathers follow the beliefs of religion?

Are the Amorites followers of Moses (Deut 1)?

Is it best to ‘serve’ or believe?

Seems to best serve God is to be absolutely honest in every action least you not be in false witness when responsible for YOUR actions.

Duty is to be honest; having faith, ‘the truth will be revealed’, in time; as promised in most all theology!

Because I'm genuinely curious as to what other people think of it.

The section about bearing allegiance to the beast by accepting his mark, and not being able to buy or sell without it, seems to have alot of relevance in this
time.
What do you think?

jan .

what mark?

do you mean "upon your head"?

that is scary!

carbon 12 is C-12 chemically speaking.

most all life on earth is based from this element.

in the bohr model it is said to be of

6 electrons, 6 protons and 6 neutrons

you now branded with knowledge upon your head as well are made of the very stuff; deal with it

did that hurt?

go get some neosporine before it turns into a scar

what mark?

do you mean "upon your head"?

that is scary!

carbon 12 is C-12 chemically speaking.

most all life on earth is based from this element.

in the bohr model it is said to be of

6 electrons, 6 protons and 6 neutrons

you now branded with knowledge upon your head as well are made of the very stuff; deal with it

did that hurt?

go get some neosporine before it turns into a scar

Wha-choo-tawkin-bout?

Revelation 13:16-18
And he [beast] causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the MARK, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Rev. 13:16-18

What is significant here is the restriction to buy or sell without the mark.
Not only is this a possibility, one could be forgiven for thinking this is in the process of happening. :)

jan.

Wha-choo-tawkin-bout?
it's education time

Revelation 13:16-18
And he [beast] causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the MARK, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

ah..... you mean the social security number!

income, buy, sell; much of the capitalized world follows the 'invisible hand'
The invisible hand:

Every individual...generally, indeed, neither intends to promote the public interest, nor knows how much he is promoting it. By preferring the support of domestic to that of foreign industry he intends only his own security; and by directing that industry in such a manner as its produce may be of the greatest value, he intends only his own gain, and he is in this, as in many other cases, led by an invisible hand to promote an end which was no part of his intention.

The Wealth of Nations, Book IV Chapter II (Adam Smith 1776)
same Date the US was born

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Rev. 13:16-18
the man, is the good guy

dan 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

What is significant here is the restriction to buy or sell without the mark.
i am educating you on the fact that what is written is not quite the literal but to observe today, then you can observe the truth of the matter

want life?

Then know life (C-12) as it truly is and not what the fools believe.

Not only is this a possibility, one could be forgiven for thinking this is in the process of happening. :)

jan.

don't forgive me........... as you will be who sees what is true and can either deny or be humble,

i suggest you go look in the mirror and look at all your fathers (in the flesh) and say 'thank you, we made it'

and then you can begin (feel what being reborn actually means) to understand

the truth has been slapping you in the face for a long time

best get straight real fast

Back