THANK GOD for the earthquake

You mean that there is a passage in the Bible that says something "This text is corrupt, and everything that is taught here is corrupt" -?

:eek:

Signal, the men that wrote the bible were human and prone to corruption just like all humans. Religion is just another way for humans to organize the masses. Nothing more!

As Nietzsche said, if it don't kill you, it makes you stronger. For anyone who survives such a thing, they're potentially better off for the experience.

Signal, the men that wrote the bible were human and prone to corruption just like all humans. Religion is just another way for humans to organize the masses. Nothing more!

And I should take your word for it because ...?

So was Motzart (a mere man), but it didn't stop him from creating beautiful, unique music.

Religion is used to manipulate, so are children, beautiful women/men, and science. But that doesn't mean they are false.

jan.

preach that to christians.

You pointing fingers at christians is no better than christians pointing fingers at buddhists.

You want me to preach? Ok. We should all stop pointing fingers and get real, because if you can't see what's wrong with yourself you can't see at all.

It obviously doesn't work if you have a negative attitude, pukey.

:idea: Perhaps you can compose a little ditty celebrating the benefits of narrowly escaping a horrible death? It might be a good thing to teach it to schoolchildren.

:idea: Perhaps you can compose a little ditty celebrating the benefits of narrowly escaping a horrible death? It might be a good thing to teach it to schoolchildren.
And polio. That's gotta be fun. Or motor neurone disease.

You pointing fingers at christians is no better than christians pointing fingers at buddhists.

You want me to preach? Ok. We should all stop pointing fingers and get real, because if you can't see what's wrong with yourself you can't see at all.

I can see very well . A mad man across the water. Lori I am pointing my finger at you . In a good way though. You You You , your kind of like passing my own shadow. You sure you were born May 3 1967 or was that just teasing going on? That is just to freaky if you were telling the truth .

You mean you've never heard of the expression? I'm not saying that the experience is good, what I'm saying is that in life, it's the biggest challenges that tend to present the biggest opportunities for growth.

I have seen a burning bush before . George Bush at the end of his Presidency !!!
:roflmao:

PTSD is such an enriching life experience.

Oddly enough...there are beneficial aspects to having borne horrible crap...mostly just a suck-a-thon that keeps on giving, though

As Nietzsche said, if it don't kill you, it makes you stronger. For anyone who survives such a thing, they're potentially better off for the experience.

Nope. Modern research has proven Nietzsche to be full of it on this one... Trauma history raises your white blood cell count, raises the amount of inflammatory proteins you've got, increases memory problems, raises chances of getting autoimmune disorders, depression, sleep disturbances, substance abuse problems, having pisspoor relationships, divorcing, being unemployed/underemployed...

...It's actually best to think of people as rather like elastic-some are stretchier than others, but even the stretchiest elastic band will lose tensile strength from being stretched out often enough.

People vary in their resilience, but each trauma incident damages that resilience...possibly permanently.

I'm not saying that the experience is good, what I'm saying is that in life, it's the biggest challenges that tend to present the biggest opportunities for growth.

Or the biggest opportunities to get permanently damaged. Resiliency is as least partly a physiological phenomenon, and some people don't have it.

So was Motzart (a mere man), but it didn't stop him from creating beautiful, unique music.

Religion is used to manipulate, so are children, beautiful women/men, and science. But that doesn't mean they are false.

jan.

Okay, how bout Religion is a tool for fixing broken people!

Okay, how bout Religion is a tool for fixing broken people!

I was told to pray...still wanted to kill myself.

Took a little green and yellow Prozac...and *:cool:*

Okay. So what should we do instead of pointing fingers?
I mean, we have to do something ...

Okay. So what should we do instead of pointing fingers?
I mean, we have to do something ...

look in the mirror. practice discernment, honesty, and understanding. i really don't think it's possible to understand other people unless you understand yourself. god points out my faults to me, often times when i'm pointing a finger at someone else, i realize that i'm convicted of the same thing i'm criticizing. perhaps in a different circumstance, or to a different degree, but it's in me too. which i think makes me a better person. it's enlightening, and it makes me treat people differently. i mean is this lady supposed to be some fucking role model? a hateful liar? i don't think so.

Back