Teen commited suicide live on Internet

Well, I don't know how I would have reacted. I think, just like many of those who watched him kill himself, I would have thought that he's just an idiotic attention seeking attentionwhore that shouldn't be taken serious, just like there are millions and millions of people like that online. There are so many kids who go on a chat and start to talk about how they have suicidal thoughts and so on, they then claim that they're going to kill themselves tonight, but the next day they log in chat again. *shrugs* It's hard to take people serious who make a public show out of their suicide. Well, at least he wasn't like some other suicidal people who jump in front of a car or train and with this put other people's life in danger..

RIP

Zombie thread eats brains. BRAAAAINS!!!!

FYI, most of the people who announce that they are suicidal are conflicted and want to be talked out of it...they are in a lot of pain, really and they want to not be in pain...but it may seem to them that suicide is the best way to achieve no pain. Been there...got talked out of it...and yeah, I was serious. If someone hadn't taken me seriously I'd be pushing daisies instead of computer keys.

Of course I guess that means you wouldn't have to read my bloviations either. Win some, lose some:rolleyes:.

If someone mentions suicide, it's better to err on the side of caution and take them seriously...at least they'll get hauled off to a psych ward and get committed for a few days and evaluated that way. It's not likely they're just doing it for drama, but if they are, well, serves 'em right.

Back