Talking about god...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice all atheists who keep repeating the God argument show indications of this thought process. I ascribe it to a lack of philosophical training. I do not see this kind of vested interest in the outcome of the argument in those who are the philosophers here (even atheists)

Philosophy is merely organized bullshit, of which little training is required, and only the experience of bullshitting.

Sam is thinking non-linearly (a term I thought was cool 25 years ago in freshman engineerig). She seems to think it's the province of those who know the real deal (god(s)).

No its a system that does not go.

gay sex grosses me--> I am rational ---->therefore grossing out on gay sex is rational

and then seeks evidence to support belief.

Philosophy is merely organized bullshit, of which little training is required, and only the experience of bullshitting.

That's enlightening, since the entire basis of scientific thought derives from and rests on it.

Ignorance however, is pure bliss.

No its a system that does not go.

gay sex grosses me--> I am rational ---->therefore grossing out on gay sex is rational

Huh?
What? You are a bundle of illogical fabrications! When did I ever say that the concept of gay sex had anything to do with rationality? It's clearly a psycoemotional response, not a rational one! Sheesh sam! Are you overly tired or something?

And what the fuck does gay sex have to do with this discussion? Nothing?

That's enlightening, since the entire basis of scientific thought derives from and rests on it.

Ignorance however, is pure bliss.

You appear to be completely delirious at this point, science is about measuring, not pontificating.

Huh?
What? You are a bundle of illogical fabrications! When did I ever say that the concept of gay sex had anything to do with rationality? It's clearly a psycoemotional response, not a rational one! Sheesh sam! Are you overly tired or something?

And what the fuck does gay sex have to do with this discussion? Nothing?

I think you're tired. I'll let you off. ;)

/read it again, that is not what I said/

You appear to be completely delirious at this point, science is about measuring, not pontificating.

Hmm so if I gave you a data sheet of random measures you'd reach your conclusions without any pontificating?

Ah, so all your perceptions are pre-processed and fed to you then?

The Universe hasn't the capability or the inclination to pre-process and feed. Where do you get these ridiculous notions?

The Universe hasn't the capability or the inclination to pre-process and feed. Where do you get these ridiculous notions?

I dunno, you said your world view was based on the universe. Poor creature that I am, I am dependent entirely on my perception(s) of it.:(

I think you're tired. I'll let you off. ;)

/read it again, that is not what I said/

Ok:

1) Gay sex grosses me out.

2) Why?

3) Seeks explanations that make sense in the light of modern evolutionary biology.

My rationality only figures into it in guiding me to seek an actual explanation for my feelings as opposed to those who just say "because gays are just fucked up".

Or denying it's origins like a liberal, everything's-conditioned-behavior, would-be social engineer.

I dunno, you said your world view was based on the universe. Poor creature that I am, I am dependent entirely on my perception(s) of it.:(

And you "perceive" gods, yes, we know, you poor creature. I am entirely pitied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back