stop for a moment....it's the right religion

cutey gal said:
a simple answer:
quran forbids sexual intercourse except for those who's married
That's a simple answer? So one develops cancer when one has intercourse outside of marriage? And you assume that AIDS only happens when you have sex outside of marriage? Good grief! The word gormless comes to mind right now gal.

That still does not answer the question gal. Remaining a virgin to your bridal bed does not ensure that you will be cured of cancer, the cold or the flu. Nor does it protect you from contracting AIDS, nor will it cure it. It may reduce your chances of actually contracting AIDS, but it wont cure it.

I shall ask it yet again... Where in the Quran does it state the cure for cancer, AIDS, the common cold or the flu? Hell, I'll even make it easier for you. Just give show me the verse in the Quran where it gives the cure to just one of those diseases. Just one.

dozens in iraq r dying everyday ..................millions don't have houses in palastine ................. the killer r american amd isralis and it's all in the fighting terrorism.........pls marv don't just look at what is happening in the west ............take a small look at the east

marv said:
Quite impossible. Of the hijackers on 9/11, ALL were moslem. Of the attackers of the USS Cole, ALL were moslem. Of the bombers of the night club in Bali, ALL were moslem. Of the attackers of the US embassies in Africa, ALL were moslem.

The difference between Islam and all other religions is that Islam permits cheating, lying, stealing, and even murder to advance itself.

?

Tell me you are uneducated and I'll let you off with this nonsense.

Ophiolite said:
?

Tell me you are uneducated and I'll let you off with this nonsense.

Which part of his post do you take issue with in particular?

The inference in the first paragraph that the actions of an individual muslim or small group of muslims reflect the character of the religion.

The inaccuracy of the second paragraph.

What Does Islam Say about Terrorism?
Islam, a religion of mercy, does not permit terrorism. In the Quran, God has said:
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
The Prophet Muhammad used to prohibit soldiers from killing women and children,1 and he would advise them: {...Do not betray, do not be excessive, do not kill a newborn child.}2 And he also said: {Whoever has killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims shall not smell the fragrance of Paradise, though its fragrance is found for a span of forty years.}3
Also, the Prophet Muhammad has forbidden punishment with fire.4
He once listed murder as the second of the major sins,5 and he even warned that on the Day of Judgment, {The first cases to be adjudicated between people on the Day of Judgment will be those of bloodshed.6}7
Muslims are even encouraged to be kind to animals and are forbidden to hurt them. Once the Prophet Muhammad said: {A woman was punished because she imprisoned a cat until it died. On account of this, she was doomed to Hell. While she imprisoned it, she did not give the cat food or drink, nor did she free it to eat the insects of the earth.}8
He also said that a man gave a very thirsty dog a drink, so God forgave his sins for this action. The Prophet was asked, “Messenger of God, are we rewarded for kindness towards animals?” He said: {There is a reward for kindness to every living animal or human.}9
Additionally, while taking the life of an animal for food, Muslims are commanded to do so in a manner that causes the least amount of fright and suffering possible. The Prophet Muhammad said: {When you slaughter an animal, do so in the best way. One should sharpen his knife to reduce the suffering of the animal.}10
In light of these and other Islamic texts, the act of inciting terror in the hearts of defenseless civilians, the wholesale destruction of buildings and properties, the bombing and maiming of innocent men, women, and children are all forbidden and detestable acts according to Islam and the Muslims. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the vast majority have nothing to do with the violent events some have associated with Muslims. If an individual Muslim were to commit an act of terrorism, this person would be guilty of violating the laws of Islam.
(For more articles on Islam on terrorism, please refer to the links at More on Islam on Terrorism.)
www.islam-guide.com

Bells said:
Ah yes. And how did Mohammed die again? In battle? No. Was he murdered? No. He became old, got sick and died from his illness. Hell even the Pope has Parkinson. My uncle was a devout Catholic and he passed away last year after suffering 15 years of chronic heart disease. Hmmm.. you were saying?

No, muhammed didn't die, only his body, his instrument, died. Muhammed is in heaven "pbuh" ;) Now he'll never be sick anymore, because he followed God! Also, just because you call yourself, or think you are, a believer (or something) and follower of god... (or sumthin') doesn't mean that you really are! Only God knows what U really are...

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Bells said:
I have stated above, I was created by my parents. As for the universe, I can point the finger at the big bang.

Ye were not created by your parents. Because your parents were also created y'know! So you first have to answer who created your parents, and on and on... until you see that God made you, like he made the universe and everything in it. God made the universe to go Boom! Before this Big bang there was also another universe, but it collapsed into a black hole and when all motion in this black hole stopped, then this universe was formed. The whole existence of everything was never created, but it's an endless circle.

Bells said:
Either decomposing or my ashes scattered to the four winds.

Why shouldn't it just end in death? Everything ends in death. Take a leaf from a tree for example. It falls from the tree and it's dead. Surely you aren't assuming that that particular leaf goes to leafy heaven.

OM@G... you think yr only a body? I have never been born, and I will never die. Don't you understand? Who is this me inside of you anyway? Only the body needs to have a beginning and end since it belongs to the world of duality, where everything that has a start must die. But this me inside of us is the life itself, and it has never been created. There's no need for existence to be created. Never have I seen myself in the mirror... never have I seen me be born... and I will not see it when I die. I have always existed, why would I exist now, if I have not existed forever? U will always see me... i will never pass away... and you will never pass away, because you're also just a me.... Yeah... you have always been there, where you are now, and when you think you die, you will only be here where you are now. Because there is nothing else than this... there is no nothingness... (maybe in nirvana but...) oh my God... why would U be here now if you have not been here always? Oh ye of little faith... :(

cutey gal said:
What Does Islam Say about Terrorism?
Islam, a religion of mercy, does not permit terrorism. In the Quran, God has said:
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
The Prophet Muhammad used to prohibit soldiers from killing women and children,1 and he would advise them: {...Do not betray, do not be excessive, do not kill a newborn child.}2 And he also said: {Whoever has killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims shall not smell the fragrance of Paradise, though its fragrance is found for a span of forty years.}3

Maybe muhamed just forgot in these passages then I guess :rolleyes:

Chapter 9: PERMISSIBILITY OF KILLING WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN THE NIGHT RAIDS, PROVIDED IT IS NOT DELIBERATE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Book 019, Number 4321:
It is reported on the authority of Sa'b b. Jaththama that the Prophet of Allah (may peace be upon him), when asked about the women and children of the polytheists being killed during the night raid, said: They are from them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Book 019, Number 4322:
It is narrated by Sa'b b. Jaththama that he said (to the Holy Prophet): Messenger of Allah, we kill the children of the polytheists during the night raids. He said: They are from them.

Book 019, Number 4323:
Sa'b b. Jaththama has narrated that the Prophet (may peace be upon him) asked: What about the children of polytheists killed by the cavalry during the night raid? He said: They are from them.

Booty killing captives and enslaving women and children of the disbelievers

Sahih Muslim, Book 019, Number 4360:

Then God revealed the verse:" It is not befitting for a prophet that he should take prisoners until the force of the disbelievers has been crushed..." to the end of the verse:" so eat ye the spoils of war, (it is) lawful and pure. So Allah made booty lawful for them."

Sahih Muslim, Book 019, Number 4364:
It has been narrated on the authority of Ibn Umar that the Jews of Banu Nadir and Banu Quraizi fought against the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) who expelled Banu Nadir, and allowed Quraiza to stay on, and granted favour to them until they too fought against him. Then he killed their men, and distributed their women, children and properties among the Muslims, except that some of them had joined the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) who granted them security. They embraced Islam. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) turned out all the Jews of Medlina. Banu Qainuqa' (the tribe of 'Abdullah b. Salim) and the Jews of Banu Haritha and every other Jew who was in Medina.

Sahih Muslim, Book 19, Number 4370:

So the Messenger of Allah (may peace he upon him) fought against them. They surrendered at the command of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), but he referred the decision about them to Sa'd who said: I decide about them that those of them who can fight be killed, their women and children taken prisoners and their properties distributed (among the Muslims).

Sahih Muslim, Book 019, Number 4405:

Umar b. Khattab came, approached the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and said: Messenger of Allah, aren't we fighting for truth and they for falsehood? He replied: By all means. He asked: Are not those killed from our side in Paradise and those killed. from their side in the Fire? He replied: Yes.

The prophet of peace :bugeye:

Sahih Muslim, Book 019, Number 4464:
It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Ishaq that 'Abdullah b. Yazid went (out of the city) with people for offering" Istisqa" ' prayer (for rainfall). He offered two rak'ahs. Then he prayed for rain. That day I met Zaid b. Arqam. There was only one man between me and him (at that time). I asked him: How many military expeditions did the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) undertake? He said: Nineteen expeditions. I asked him: On how many expeditions did you accompany him? He said: On seventeen expeditions. I asked: Which was the first expedition he led? He answered: Dhat-ul-, Usair or 'Ushair.

Here

I could go thru every point and give you example that contradict what you claim but I don't have time right now

Little Rock

Ophiolite said:
Agreed, but irrelevant.
You thought it relevant when you originally brought it forth in this discussion.

Had she failed to flag her intent you would be quite correct. However, she made her intent clear through where she posted in combination with the title and sub-title of her post.
So? By reading the title in the religion forum, I originally thought it was a thread about the right religion for her. Instead I saw a plethora of links to sites and a thread starter claiming why it should be the right religion for me. It reeks of conversion.

It would have been quite proper of you to chastise her for attempting to convert rather than discuss, but to accuse her of ramming it down your throat is simply inaccurate.
I don't particular think so. But you are free to see it as you please and respond as you wish, just as I am.

You could have stopped reading at the title stage, because by then she had issued her sermon warning.
She had issued a sermon warning? Where was that exactly? Was it the "Excuse me!" or the ":eek:"?

[You are quite easy to wind up, by the way. That also raises questions about what you actually say.]
On the contrary little rock. I'm not easily wound up. You'd have to push me very far to actually get me wound up. If I was easily wound up, I would not be employed in my current job. These threads actually amuse me. You could say I am amused easily, and that could raise questions about what I actually say.

Marv
Marv said:
The difference between Islam and all other religions is that Islam permits cheating, lying, stealing, and even murder to advance itself.
Have you even read the history of Christianity? The mind boggles at your inane sense of righteousness in your hatred or bigotry.

Yorda
Ye were not created by your parents. Because your parents were also created y'know! So you first have to answer who created your parents, and on and on... until you see that God made you, like he made the universe and everything in it.
I'm guessing that you're too old to be taught about the birds and the bees. Because if you don't know by now, well... All I can say is that the world will miss your offspring (Insert sarcasm here)...

You wish to trace your ancestral line to a higher being who created a man and a woman, who then had children who had incestrous relationships which ultimately led to your 'creation', then knock yourself out. I prefer the evolutionary aspect of my ancestral line. And yes Yorda, I was created by my parents. As they were created by theirs, and so on. I guess we can follow that line until the ancestors were apes in the forests oh so long ago, and I'm quite happy with that thought.

God made the universe to go Boom!
God made the universe go "Boom"? Oh crap, I think I just strained myself from laughing so hard...

What are you? 5?

OM@G... you think yr only a body? I have never been born, and I will never die.
You've never been born, and yet here you are typing away. Tell that to your mother who laboured to put you on this earth. You tell the woman who's womb you came out of that you were never born. She'd probably hit you over the head with a rolling pin. Unless you came from a cabbage patch, you were born. And just as you pay taxes, you will die. It's a fact of life.

Who is this me inside of you anyway?
I'm inside of me. Me, Myself and I.

But this me inside of us is the life itself, and it has never been created.
So Allah did not create this you inside of you? You just came to be. Poof and there you were? Kind of contradicts your earlier statement;

So you first have to answer who created your parents, and on and on... until you see that God made you, like he made the universe and everything in it.

Does it not?

I'm still laughing at the God made the universe go Boom thing by the way...

Never have I seen myself in the mirror...
So much could be said right now, but I shall try and play nice for a change.

U will always see me...
Ok now you're freaking me out. You're not the peeping tom that sits underneath the tree outside my window so that I can always see him and who always runs away when I yell out or call the police, are you?

i will never pass away
Mmm hmmm... of course you will live forever. :rolleyes: Just like God made the universe go Boom.

why would U be here now if you have not been here always?
I am here now because my mother's egg was fertilised by my father's sperm, and 8 and a half months later, I literally popped out. I am here now because I was not here before.

Oh ye of little faith...
Oh ye of weird faith.

Cutey Gal
I'm still waiting for that answer. :)

Setting Aside an Oath
Adil Salahi, Arab News

Islamic teachings require that a Muslim should always tell the truth, in all situations. Telling a lie is permissible only in very limited and strict situations, such as the case of trying to deceive the enemies of the Muslim community,...
And I think we all know who the "enemies" of the Ummah are - all non-moslems. This is found at http://www.arabnews.com/?page=5&section=0&article=55824&d=18&m=12&y=2004 and is in the religious section of the Arab News, the Arab equivalent of the New York Times or the London Times.

And by now, most are familiar with the Sura that says, "...kill them where you find them..." And here is bin Laden's declaration of war against America which I copied to my web site before it could be deleted. He's such a nice guy!

marv said:
Telling a lie is permissible only in very limited and strict situations, such as the case of trying to deceive the enemies of the Muslim community,...
Take out any notion of religion from that statement and it could apply to any politician or human being on this planet. Bush thought it was permissible to lie so as to deceive the world about the WMD's. His neo con buddies in his administration went to the Christian right organisations and showed images of a blurred helicopter hovering over Mogadishu and told the pions in the audience that it was Satan hovering over a Mosque.

And even with a religious slant, the Catholic church have said how many lies of late in regards to priests who have been sexually abusing young children?

A serious question, cuty gal; what, other than faith, convinces you that you are right and everybody else is wrong?

I have tried on numerous occasions to have a dialogue with moslems. On each occasion, they cease communicating when the validity of their "religion" is brought up by me. I challenge any moslem to defend their "religion".
[/QUOTE]

Then open a new thread and lets do it :cool:

marv said:
A serious question, cuty gal; what, other than faith, convinces you that you are right and everybody else is wrong?
Lawyers actually. Or at least we try. ;)

Bells said:
...Christian right organisations and showed images of a blurred helicopter hovering over Mogadishu and told the pions in the audience that it was Satan hovering over a Mosque.

And even with a religious slant, the Catholic church have said how many lies of late in regards to priests who have been sexually abusing young children?
A very good explanation as to why I'm an atheist! If one hundred people come to you, each telling you that they are the sole bearer of the truth and that only they can "save" you, why should you believe any of them?

marv said:
A very good explanation as to why I'm an atheist! If one hundred people come to you, each telling you that they are the sole bearer of the truth and that only they can "save" you, why should you believe any of them?
I have a tendency to hang up on telemarketers.

Hmm interesting. But if Bob murdered a person who later on in his life would have gotten behind the wheel of his car while drunk and killed a whole family, Bob would have ensured the greater good by murdering this individual, and not the police for finding and capturing Bob, who had saved a whole family.
Bob by murdering this individual might have saved the world, might have saved hundreds of people. But to partake in goodness, he must freely assent to it. Murder also is a sin, no ands or buts. Unless done in self-defence, Bod would have sinned first by killing this individual. Later, Bob might repent, and even might partake in the goodness of God's plan.

The possibilities are endless when looking at the utilitarian argument.
True. Utilitarians don't to my knowledge believe in the double efect, so for them, any murder could be rationally allowed. Of course, the counter to this argument is that murder in general is harmful to society, but without extrapolating that by murdering one, they cause damage above of the fact, the sort of damage cuased by society that allows random murder, they cannot believe murder always will be harmful.

Everything we do wrong is allowed by God because God gave us free will. Had we not had free will to make decisions, we'd not be acting for ourselves, instead we'd be acting for God, which indicates a level of control over our lives, how we live it and what decisions we make.
True, but even with free will, somethings God just won't allow. For instance, my dream might be to earn millions of dollars; that is, I have the free will to have this desire. But God can simply say 'no'. So to also, I believe, with sin. Someone criminal might desire to rob a bank, might plan to rob a bank, but God might not allow the robbery to occur. Mere desire to rob a bank, while possibly sinful, doesn't cause the physical robbery.

Bells said:
You wish to trace your ancestral line to a higher being who created a man and a woman, who then had children who had incestrous relationships which ultimately led to your 'creation', then knock yourself out. I prefer the evolutionary aspect of my ancestral line. And yes Yorda, I was created by my parents. As they were created by theirs, and so on. I guess we can follow that line until the ancestors were apes in the forests oh so long ago, and I'm quite happy with that thought.

Um... maybe you we're created by your parents then, but I wasn't. I still know more than you because I know why there are men and women and I know why magnets attract to each other. even scientist don't know that. Humans were not created from apes but from the earth and water... the sun lifted all creatures from the earth with the help of the water which was blown on earth by the wind... that's how all life came to earth, and life didn't start from a fish who jumped on earth, but life was created everywhere about the same time... first in the ocean...

God made the universe go "Boom"? Oh crap, I think I just strained myself from laughing so hard...

Ye3, but you still understand what I say, so that's the important... Or do I have to use adult words like "explosion" when I talk with adults? =)

What are you? 5?

"I" have not been born, remember? Then the age of my body is not so Significant... since I'm not the same as my body.

You've never been born, and yet here you are typing away. Tell that to your mother who laboured to put you on this earth. You tell the woman who's womb you came out of that you were never born. She'd probably hit you over the head with a rolling pin. Unless you came from a cabbage patch, you were born. And just as you pay taxes, you will die. It's a fact of life.

My mother is not my real parent, she's only the parent of the body I use, but not MY parent! I don't wanna tell it to her because she will not understand me, and it's not important to say that kind of things to her...

You know, I don't pay taxes, so I will not die either. You see, I don't remember my birth, so I have not been born, AND I will not see my death either, so there can be no death for ME either! Do you understand? =) It's impossible for me to die, only my body and person (reflection of the body) dies. If i COULD die... I wouldn't be here now. I couldn't be talking to you if it was possible for me to die... then I would already be dead for a looong time ago. But what is impossible stays impossible...

I'm inside of me. Me, Myself and I.

That's good! =) I'm also inside of ME! See, we're both inside me!

So Allah did not create this you inside of you? You just came to be. Poof and there you were? Kind of contradicts your earlier statement;

No. Allah is the same as the inside of me. And allah is not made. I am not made.

I'm still laughing at the God made the universe go Boom thing by the way...

It's good for the health... I think Buddha or bruce lee said... "the fools will laugh, the wise will understand...!"

Ok now you're freaking me out. You're not the peeping tom that sits underneath the tree outside my window so that I can always see him and who always runs away when I yell out or call the police, are you?

I'm the one inside of you... that "me" you're talking about. I like trees...

Back