Space Bending Debunked

I don't recall the date but it was many years ago that it was first observed and was bent at precisely the angle predicted. The observation was of the position of a star and then it's apparent position during a solar eclipse. The gravitational pull of the sun warped space and made the star appear to be where it was not.

i have never come across this information. i will look it up on wikipedia now,

peace.

water refraction gives the appearence of something bieng bent right? and we are dealing with a purely observational bend yes? because space doesent bend in the lab that we can test infront of ut does it,

so how do we know this is not simular to water refraction?

peace.

can you class it as actual matter? 80% of the universe is in theory black matter just because it emmits no light, can you class it as actual matter?
I could class it as tomatoes if I wanted... :D SOMETHING has the effects that are happening and CDM is the "best" explanation so far: but not proven

Try Wiki for a basic intro,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_dark_matter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter
Note that the term is "inferred" in the 2nd article...

because this would inturn mean that nearly 100% of the universe is made up of matter if you class black matter as real matter.
Of course. IF. We don't KNOW for sure...

I think it was Terry Pratchett who wrote, half-jokingly:
It's called Cold because we can't detect it by thermal signature, Dark because we can't detect it by visible signature and Matter because we want to distinguish it from things that aren't real that we can't detect.

water refraction gives the appearence of something bieng bent right? and we are dealing with a purely observational bend yes? because space doesent bend in the lab that we can test infront of ut does it,
Errm, GRAVITY is detectable anywhere on Earth, that's space bending.

so how do we know this is not simular to water refraction?
Because there's no change in medium out in space that would cause the refraction.

Last edited:
Errm, GRAVITY is detectable anywhere on Erath, that's space bending.

Because there's no change in medium out in space that would cause the refraction.

but gravity is not proven to be direct space bending, its only in theory and 'relative' to that.

how do we knwo there is no unseen change in medium out in space? it could be an undetected one,

peace.

but gravity is not proven to be direct space bending, its only in theory and 'relative' to that.
True, but it accounts for observed effects so well and so much better than any other explanation - that's why science is still searching for answers and will dump gravity (should it be necessary to dump it) if a better explanation comes along

how do we knwo there is no unseen change in medium out in space? it could be an undetected one,
We don't, but why postulate something we can't detect when the effects are explained so well by current theories?

isn't a black hole supose to bend space, light and time because of his supergravity and enormas mass ?
The mass "CAUSES" the gravity, and yes.

wow this has been moved to pseudoscience
Of course. When the title is "Anything" - Debunked and the original post shows such flawed thinking where else would it go?

QUOTE]

is there evidence of a black hole then ? then you would have evidence that space bends, if i read you correctly.

True, but it accounts for observed effects so well and so much better than any other explanation - that's why science is still searching for answers and will dump gravity (should it be necessary to dump it) if a better explanation comes along

We don't, but why postulate something we can't detect when the effects are explained so well by current theories?

Of course. When the title is "Anything" - Debunked and the original post shows such flawed thinking where else would it go?

makes sense i guess,

peace.

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2790
or
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q="black+hole"+discovered&meta=

then you would have evidence that space bends, if i read you correctly.
It's still no more evidence than we already had, gravity is dependendant upon mass, Earth, mountains, two heavy metal balls suspended side-by side... whatever
We "assume" (for want of a better word) that it's space bending, but it could be that mass attracts invisible pixies with tongs that grab light, matter and other stuff, the more mass, the more pixies, the more tongs...
it's just that mass = gravity = bent space fits the observed effects better and works for all practical purposes. Why add pixies to the mix?

Definitely.
But the pixies are PURPLE, not green like most so-called scientists claim. And I have this wonderful new never-before-seen theory that will prove it.
It starts:
A = B
Black = White
Down = Up
I'm right and everyone else is wrong...

:D

Singularity, photons have zero rest mass, but when moving, have momentum, so are affected by gravity. As pointed out, that means they follow the curvature of space caused by mass and gravity.

Why don't you read a whole book on physics, before jumping to your half assed theories?

isn't a black hole supose to bend space, light and time because of his supergravity and enormas mass ?

The problem is that space has no mass so there will be no effect of Gravity on space and on the other hand light atleast has something if not mass, hence G must act more on light if its gona act on space.

Singularity, photons have zero rest mass, but when moving, have momentum, so are affected by gravity. As pointed out, that means they follow the curvature of space caused by mass and gravity.

Why don't you read a whole book on physics, before jumping to your half assed theories?

The reason i dont want to read those book is i dont want to be brainwashed as most of the physicists here are, they cant see simple things.

The problem is that space has no mass so there will be no effect of Gravity on space and on the other hand light atleast has something if not mass, hence G must act more on light if its gona act on space.
Where did you get the idea that space needs mass to bend under gravity (the influence of mass)?
What's your alternative?
What does light have that makes gravity affect it?

Ya i know this is how they abuse member and insult them.
Abuse and insult? You make ridiculous assertions with no supporting evidence or arguments and expect not to end up in Pseudoscience?
Now they moved it to pseudoscience so that other will ignore it. So that greatest scientist on earth will not have to face shame, its all politics.
Greatest scientist on Earth? Who would that be?

Back