Some logic for both sides...

i'm making a logical deduction, based on observation, and inspiration from him.

Again, you completely misunderstand logic.

The words "deduction" and "observation" cannot logically occur conjoined in a sentence.

You're confusing deduction with induction.

Intelligence would be to reject religions as well as Gods as many other societies have done through the past. The Incas, Myans and Egyptians are all no longer following the original religions that once governed them all. Just remember that in the past those religions were made up by those wanting to control the society that once was. The people from those religions did away with them many years ago because they knew that those religions didn't really exist except to control their societies as governments now do. Why go backwards believing in the supernatural when we all know now that the religions just make up stories as they go along to keep the people in control once again. :(

i think you're making a fatal logic flaw that many people make, and that is to equate spirituality with religion. you're right about religion. like anyting else in this world, it's used and misused. but don't throw the baby jesus out with the bathwater. all kinds of people have observed things, and given accounts of things, based on experience. experience interacting with a spiritual realm.

Sorry, but that's not logic. In fact, it's almost entirely fallacious.

You have a number of unsupported premisses, you illicitly assume the very thing you're attempting to prove, and your conclusion does not follow from the premisses.

*chuckle* well, you don't have to believe me. it's obvious that he hasn't proven his existence to everyone. it's up to the individual to want to know, and if they "knock", then he proves himself to the individual. it's personal...

and that's also logical.

*chuckle* well, you don't have to believe me. it's obvious that he hasn't proven his existence to everyone. it's up to the individual to want to know, and if they "knock", then he proves himself to the individual. it's personal...

Now you're making sense. And you're correct; it is up to the individual to choose to believe. This however, is neither a deduction, nor a logical argument.

and that's also logical.

Again, incorrect.

I'm not quibbling with the content of your position, you're free to choose to believe what you will. However, as the Thread starter, you chose to include the notion of logic. You have yet to describe any logical support for your position.
Is it possible that god may act via evolution? Yes.
Is it probable that god may act through evolution? No.
Have you supported this position in a logically valid manner? No.

Again, you completely misunderstand logic.

The words "deduction" and "observation" cannot logically occur conjoined in a sentence.

You're confusing deduction with induction.

you can certainly make a deduction based upon an observation. people do it all the time. i have not been a witness to but a small window of the creation process, and i do not know all there is to know about it. but based on what i do know, and on what i have seen, i can formulate some conclusions about it.

you can certainly make a deduction based upon an observation. people do it all the time. i have not been a witness to but a small window of the creation process, and i do not know all there is to know about it. but based on what i do know, and on what i have seen, i can formulate some conclusions about it.

Incorrect.

A deduction, by definition, is an argument where a particular conclusion is derived from one or more premisses wherein one is granted a priori status.

There can be no such thing as an a priori observation.

QED

Now you're making sense. And you're correct; it is up to the individual to choose to believe. This however, is neither a deduction, nor a logical argument.

no, no. you don't choose to believe. you can't help but believe once he has proven himself to you. what you choose, is to initiate him to do this for you.

Again, incorrect.

I'm not quibbling with the content of your position, you're free to choose to believe what you will. However, as the Thread starter, you chose to include the notion of logic. You have yet to describe any logical support for your position.
Is it possible that god may act via evolution? Yes.
Is it probable that god may act through evolution? No.
Have you supported this position in a logically valid manner? No.

yes i did...

well, god is behind everything. this is my logic...

god definitely exists. he and observation have proven that to me.

evolution definitely occurs. science and observation have proven that to me.

he's OBVIOUSLY not finished yet. if he is, then i'm not staying or worshipping.

and this is what i understand...

that he operates (creates) within his own law. nothing happens by "magic". things happen according to law...natural, biological, physical, spiritual...law.

Until god's "definite existence" can be proven to everyone, your "logic for both sides" is essentially a non-logical statement that would only be believed by theists.

Incorrect.

A deduction, by definition, is an argument where a particular conclusion is derived from one or more premisses wherein one is granted a priori status.

There can be no such thing as an a priori observation.

QED

there are no assumptions here...

i KNOW god. like personally. i KNOW that he exists and is who he says he is.

and perhaps i'm using the terms evolution and adaptation interchangably, but species have come and gone and evolved over time including the human race.

Until god's "definite existence" can be proven to everyone, your "logic for both sides" is essentially a non-logical statement that would only be believed by theists.

god's definite existence can be proven to everyone. but not everyone wants to know. if anyone wants to know, it's easy enough, as god takes care of it.

and i'm in no way talking about theology. i'm talking about actual experience.

i'm assuming that those on both sides do not know him. that's inherent in my arguement. because if they did know him, they wouldn't be arguing about it.

It's just not that simple.Trust me, if god exists I want to know. I've wanted to know for quite some time. But even with all that wanting, I still don't have an ounce of belief, still don't have the tiniest bit of proof of god's existence.

Draco

What if I woke up from a bad reality and it was only a dream? :(

ashura said:
...if god exists I want to know. I've wanted to know for quite some time. But even with all that wanting, I still don't have an ounce of belief, still don't have the tiniest bit of proof of god's existence.
Therein lies the paradox. To find what you seek, you must abandon the search, ultimately. You must give up the desire to find that which you seek.

Wherever you look, outside of yourself, you will find not "that which you seek", but at most an idea "of it"; when you can look within, at nothing, the search begins.
You have to abandon all ideas, conceptions and expectations. You have to leave something behind, in order to find the "nothingness".

In nothingness is everything you seek, because the "inner nothingness", is the expression of all there is.

Just ask a Zen master.

Back