Smokers' Etiquette

goofyfish

Analog By Birth, Digital By Design
Valued Senior Member
Because of an “incident” this weekend involving a smoker of limited experience…

Please remember that the joint is not the talking stick. Once it's been around a few times, especially if it's the second one, amateurs with the joint in their hand tend to take the opportunity to engage in idle chit chat while the rest of us are forced to watch as the THC-laden smoke dances freely into the air and the stick slowly smolders away.

A few other pointers:
  • -He who rolls always smokes first; Roller’s Rights.
    -Never take more than one long drag from a joint (if you're sharing that is).
    -Never criticize the pot you're smoking.
    -Don't go on about how incredibly stoned you are.
Hope this helps. :D

Peace.

Yes Goofy, thanks for pointing that out, it is very annoying when people hog the joint.
" Don't bogart that joint! " ...now , where did that expression come from?

seriously smoke bongs

you can share them and i have never had one burn up

although why you would share a bong is behond me (i only stoped because i was sarting out)

you can get the cone anywhere then all you need is a piece of garden hose and a coke bottle, for a REALLY cheep one

Originally posted by Bebelina
...now , where did that expression come from?
Because American actor Humphrey Bogart always
had a cigarette hanging out of the corner of his mouth.

bogart.gif

Peace.

seriously smoke bongs

That burns it too quickly. Plus it hurts. I prefer a nice fat doobie to a bong anyday!

Goofy

Dont you hate when they do that!:D I have a friend who will sit there and take at least 3 hits while she is talking and leaves me there drooling for about 5 minutes. BUT! Im cant be rude and tell her "Give me my spliff back B*TCH!" :D

Your forgot:
If you have your own weed - offer to throw in on the joint! (this always helps):)

The drool is not envious.

The bogarts tend to forget there are other people that could also use the high. It is not considerate, nor polite to hog the doobie. Especially when it is going up in smoke as they yammer about whatever. When two or more set down to pass it around that is just what should be going on.

Dude, it's 'puff, puff, pass'

Anyway, yes, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bogarting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend who does that incredibly.

As for bong versus doob......

Bong gets me higher. Joint is easier and often more enjoyable.

Depends on the day!

*stRgrL*,
Pass the doobie on the left hand side! :D

Yes! :) That was exactly what I was thinking, while reading the posts in the thread, till I came upon yours. :) Nothing to add. :)

I don't like bongs so much either. It really hurts sometimes yes. So pass on the doobie and eat a lot Space-Cake!

;)

Nah-uh! You have it all wrong!

Sitting in a circle with munchies and booze, or some other drug, one takes a puff and passes to the right.

Bong might get one higher, Ty, but for some reason I find the idea of sharing a bong much "ickier" than sharing a joint.

one takes a puff and passes to the right.

Since when? I guess Im old school - cuz I remember the old regga song, "Pass the douchie on the left hand side" <---- I think its douchie(?) could be wrong though. We be jammin, ja?

Since when? I guess Im old school -

Okay, firstoff, I am NOT a mooch. I will buy and bring my own supply, but I usually end up smoking with whatever group of casual acquaintences forms.

And that's usually what we do. But left works. :)

I guess Im old school - cuz I remember the old regga song, "Pass the douchie on the left hand side" <---- I think its douchie(?) could be wrong though. We be jammin, ja?

Always spelled it "doobie".

Ja!

"Sitting in a circle with munchies and booze, or some other drug, one takes a puff and passes to the right."

God, you guys are getting too complex for me. After a while we're all too stoned to distinguish right from left. So basically we sit in a circle and try and figure out how many hits everyone's had and what order we're going in.

On Friday me and four friends were in our open field and we each finished a joint that we rolled. Then we started playing a sacred game we play and taking turns on the pipe when it was your turn up. After a while some people were passing by us so we skipped some turns. When they were gone we tried to figure out who's turn it was and the order while still keeping the game in place. Eventually one friend just goes 'fuck it, sit in a circle now, we're doing drugs.'

I think that story sums up how we take herb.

"Bong might get one higher, Ty, but for some reason I find the idea of sharing a bong much "ickier" than sharing a joint."

Hmmm. I'll have to fix that.
Meh, you get a few good friends and there's no real reason to worry. We're all (pre)adults here, right? haha. Anyway, the bong is definetly primo for getting higher. But overall I think I prefer the pipe. It's like a joint but you can make sure you use EVERY bit of weed. And, it looks cool!

Originally posted by *stRgrL*
...cuz I remember the old regga song, "Pass the douchie on the left hand side"
Yup! "Pass the doochie to the left hand side, coz the right hand way is wrong..." The Jamaican Boys! That song is about 20 years old.

*stRgrL*is geezin'! :D

Originally posted by Tyler
...I think I prefer the pipe. It's like a joint but you can make sure you use EVERY bit of weed.
Ahhhhh... today's youth! :D

You can get every but out of a joint too. Just use a clip and
draw that bad boy right down to the "meteor shower" at the end.

Sadly, rolling is becoming a dying art.

Peace.

Back