Sin in Heaven

Renrue

Someone
Registered Senior Member
One of the main arguments I have encounter against endowing human beings with perfection is that they would end up nothing more than mere 'robots'. Of course, I am sure there are several other arguments and I am no way to able determine what people think. Let us then avoid the argument against the malevolent nature in giving the ability to sin. The main question that I am proposing revolves around heaven.

When a person of a religion fits the properties prerequisite for the entry to heaven and thusly given passage through the Pearly gates, is he/she able to sin? Do you become sinless in that you are no longer human, and thusly unable to sin as the part of the human nature? Or are you able to sin (endlessly) in Heaven without fear of punishment?

The dilemma I encounter at this point is dependent on the answer. If someone cannot commit acts of sin within Heaven, then the person then becomes a 'robot' previously pointed out and would eventually lead back to why Humanity could not have been created as such in the first place.

I would like to see the theistic approach to the dilemma before I propose any more questions, as I am betting there might be a response to this question that I hadn't thought of and would thusly render this dilemma moot.

[Renrue]

One of the main arguments I have encounter against endowing human beings with perfection is that they would end up nothing more than mere 'robots'. Of course, I am sure there are several other arguments and I am no way to able determine what people think. Let us then avoid the argument against the malevolent nature in giving the ability to sin. The main question that I am proposing revolves around heaven.

When a person of a religion fits the properties prerequisite for the entry to heaven and thusly given passage through the Pearly gates, is he/she able to sin? Do you become sinless in that you are no longer human, and thusly unable to sin as the part of the human nature? Or are you able to sin (endlessly) in Heaven without fear of punishment?

The dilemma I encounter at this point is dependent on the answer. If someone cannot commit acts of sin within Heaven, then the person then becomes a 'robot' previously pointed out and would eventually lead back to why Humanity could not have been created as such in the first place.

I would like to see the theistic approach to the dilemma before I propose any more questions, as I am betting there might be a response to this question that I hadn't thought of and would thusly render this dilemma moot.

[Renrue]

basically heaven, or the spiritual world, functions in one way and the material world functions in another.
The living entity is marginal and can exist in either.
The very moment that one attempts to sin (or enjoy separately from god) is the very moment one is in the material world

i think that free will is paramount. otherwise i don't think we would be going through the suffering that we are today. what if we went back to the state of existence we were in before the fall of man in the garden, only we know what we know now? back then they obviously had a choice, otherwise they wouldn't have fallen. but after the fall a change took place in their being to where the propensity to sin changed...increased...or became inevitable somehow. so we've sinned, experienced the consequences, and if we're given the chance to go back to a "perfect" state, we would know better than to do it again. i think that perfect state is heaven...no sin, all good, infinite life. right now we have both here on earth, good and bad. but if you extracted one from the other you would end up with a heaven and a hell. there's nothing robotic about doing the right thing all the time as long as you're not doing it in ignorance. so have we had enough suffering to wise up?

basically heaven, or the spiritual world, functions in one way and the material world functions in another.
The living entity is marginal and can exist in either.
The very moment that one attempts to sin (or enjoy separately from god) is the very moment one is in the material world

There is nothing one can enjoy with god. All that time praising him must be a bit of a bore. That's why Lucifer pissed off; to have a bit of fun.

SIN IS THE GREATEST !

Heaven always did seem sort of boring to me. From my perspective as a human who is currently alive and has never died, heaven doesn't really seem like all that exciting of a place it just seems like a better alternative to hell, but I can imagine a paradise that I would enjoy more than both heaven and hell.

actually in all regards, its the exact opposite
:eek:

I'm really sorry for you. You have clearly never enjoyed the pleasures of some really good sinning. Your life must be really boring. It will be even more so if you ever get to heaven or wherever you expect to go in the end.

Sin now or you will live with regrets later !

Heaven always did seem sort of boring to me. From my perspective as a human who is currently alive and has never died, heaven doesn't really seem like all that exciting of a place it just seems like a better alternative to hell, but I can imagine a paradise that I would enjoy more than both heaven and hell.

You are on the money. Some traditions would have you believe that heaven means living with god and worshipping him for all eternity. Can you imagine anything more boring ? Having grovelled about a bit and told him how much you love him, how great he is and so on, you will run out of nrw things to say. Then you will have to go on repeating yourself for all eternity, something to really look forward to.

You see, the problem with this thread is that it does not incorporate the greatest sense of Heaven: Valhalla.

Sin is irrelevant here. What is relevant? Eating an endless supply of medd and pork every night and killing eachother every day.

Then after a long time? You get to fight in a battle that destroys the world and remakes it.

How's that for a Heaven?

Better get yourself ready to die gloriously, as only the valourous get picked for there.

You see, the problem with this thread is that it does not incorporate the greatest sense of Heaven: Valhalla.

Sin is irrelevant here. What is relevant? Eating an endless supply of medd and pork every night and killing eachother every day.

Then after a long time? You get to fight in a battle that destroys the world and remakes it.

How's that for a Heaven?

Better get yourself ready to die gloriously, as only the valourous get picked for there.

Now that sounds really attractive. Will there be lots of blonde maidens to choose from or fight over ?

Myles:

Now that sounds really attractive. Will there be lots of blonde maidens to choose from or fight over ?

There will be copious amounts.

Wine, women, song, and violence.

I'm telling you, dude, this is where it's at.

Myles:

I have the urge to convert. How do I join.

Sacrifice a male pig to Odin by hanging it from a tree and sticking it through with spears. Or a slave. Or a war captive.

I'm going to go out on a limb and think that you are more likely to have a pig on hand.

Myles:

Sacrifice a male pig to Odin by hanging it from a tree and sticking it through with spears. Or a slave. Or a war captive.

I'm going to go out on a limb and think that you are more likely to have a pig on hand.

I'm now a member. I have one ex-pig to prove it . Must rush, got so much sinning to do that I don't know where to start

Myles:

I'm now a member. I have one ex-pig to prove it . Must rush, got so much sinning to do that I don't know where to start

Just remember to die gloriously, otherwise you're screwed.

Some traditions would have you believe that heaven means living with god and worshipping him for all eternity. Can you imagine anything more boring ? Having grovelled about a bit and told him how much you love him, how great he is and so on, you will run out of nrw things to say. Then you will have to go on repeating yourself for all eternity, something to really look forward to.

Men and women worship each other for all eternity and they never get tired of it. They never get tired of telling how much they love each other. So why should we get tired of worshipping "god", which is the same thing, because god is love.

When we go to heaven we become united with God which means that the male and female in us unite and we don't need love anymore because we ARE love. But heaven doesn't last forever because nothing lasts forever... not even nothing apparently.

Back