Should we take Ray Comfort Serious? If no, what not?

The same goes for me and everyone else on the planet. Notice that no one knows what God wants from any of us? That should tell you something.
As George Carlin explains; "God has a Divine Plan. Suppose that what you want is not in God's Plan. Is He going to change His Plan for you? What good is a Divine Plan if every schmuck with a 2 dollar prayer book can come along a screw up your plan?"

Can it get more crystal clear than that?

Yes, my argument that God has never been shown to exist, therefore cannot be a truth, is valid in spite of belief.
By definition, there is only God, and his effects.
You have to show that there is no God.

Last edited:
By definition, there is only God, and his effects.

Wrong, by definition, there were many Gods. A list was provided to you a while back.

You have to show that there is no God.

I can no more show there isn't a God then you can show there is a God. And, since no one can show there is a God, we have no reason to believe in any of the Gods claimed to exist throughout history. God is just an illusion in your head.

We’re not discussing gods.
Evidence requires truth
God is truth.
Unless you saying “truth” requires evidence.
Which would be absurd.

No, we require evidence of God, then we require evidence that God is truth. You or anyone else has provided neither.

By definition, everything, is evidence of God.

Definitions are not evidence of anything. By definition, unicorns are an animal typically represented as a horse with a single straight horn projecting from its forehead. By definition, leprechauns are little bearded men, wearing a coat and hat, who partake in mischief.

Just because something has a definition does not mean it exists, Jan. You should have learned that back before high school.

Those are ‘gods’.
By definition there can only be one God.

Every god is God, that is what every follower of every other God will tell you, just like you're telling me. Try to think before you post those fallacies.

There can only be one God, by definition.

That's what every follower of every other God throughout history will tell you, Jan. You are no different than them, nor is your God.

Try thinking, first.

By definition, unicorns are an animal typically represented as a horse with a single straight horn projecting from its forehead. By definition, leprechauns are little bearded men, wearing a coat and hat, who partake in mischief.
We’re not talking about them.
Focus.

I didn’t say they were. But to determine if God is Truth, we have to determine what is meant by God.

Then, go ahead and tell me what is meant by God or you can go by a definition: a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

Notice that the definition can describe any God, not just yours?

That's what every follower of every other God throughout history will tell you, Jan. You are no different than them, nor is your God.

Try thinking, first.
I think you take your own advice.
People also make the mistake of saying truth is relative. But we know it can’t be.
Truth Is, whether we accept, or not.

Back