Should man rely on himself or God?

I believe man needs to rely on and hold themselves responsible. We have this tendency to allow god to take all the blame for our wrong actions. Aswell as giving god credit for shit he didnt do as far as im concerned. "Thank God that man saved that child from getting hit by that bus! Praise Jesus!" NO. Thank you dude who saved the damn kid. See where im getting at? Personally, i believe society will eventual evolve to where the only religions on earth are that worshiping and praising human beings potential and wonder.

Let us pray, to the greatest power on earth, man, that it comes quickly.

Regards
DL

A good life means good laws. Are laws like those spoken of here what you would promote?
How about equality for Gays and women?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-2_LqOS3uo

Regards
DL

Well, the laws in the scripture are fixed. There is no way of amending them or for taking them off of the statute book. In this regard, they are inflexible and largely outdated. As Jesus was in favour of proactive justice for minority groups, I would say that gay rights and womens rights should be reinterpreted for contemporary life. In this way, the spirit of Gods' law and mens' law need not be at odds.

Well, the laws in the scripture are fixed. There is no way of amending them or for taking them off of the statute book. In this regard, they are inflexible and largely outdated. As Jesus was in favour of proactive justice for minority groups, I would say that gay rights and womens rights should be reinterpreted for contemporary life. In this way, the spirit of Gods' law and mens' law need not be at odds.

I agree. That would mean replacing God's laws with man's and man of course will favor these and not be at odds with his own laws.
No need then for God's, now, non existing laws.

Regards
DL

They didn't know the difference between right and wrong.

Nobody know's the difference between right and wrong
until they understand the consequences of their actions.

God had given them instructions, and they chose to disobey them.
They didn't trust God, that was their mistake.

jan.

jan.
It was the tree of knowledge of good and evil they were forbidden to eat from. How were they supposed to know, before they had eaten from the tree, that disobeying god was wrong?

It was the tree of knowledge of good and evil they were forbidden to eat from. How were they supposed to know, before they had eaten from the tree, that disobeying god was wrong?

The concept of doing something ''wrong'' comes from experience.
They had an option, and made a choice.

jan.

The concept of doing something ''wrong'' comes from experience.
They had an option, and made a choice.

jan.

So the tree has got nothing to do with it? Hmm... the bible might disagree.
And, by the way, how much experience did they have actually?

So the tree has got nothing to do with it? Hmm... the bible might disagree.
And, by the way, how much experience did they have actually?

The question to ask is; was A or E forced against their will to accept
offer?

If they didn't know the difference between right and wrong actions, I can
only assume they had not made any personal choices up until that period.
They had lived in complete accordance to their environment.

jan.

jan.

Trust is something that one earns. If God did not earn it then that is his problem not A & E's.

Further, would you trust someone who wanted to keep you as bright as a cow and a slave to his every word and not allow you any autonomy?

Regards
DL

Last edited:
Trust is something that one earns. if God did not earn it then that is his problem not A & E's.

Further, would you trust someone who wanted to keep you as bright as a cow and a slave to his every word and not allow you any autonomy?

Regards
DL

And that's your analasys? :eek:

jan.

And that's your analasys? :eek:

jan.

Yep.

Try coming up with a few issues where good and evil do not apply. It is quite tough.

Without the knowledge of good and evil we could talk about almost nothing.

If your next is as informative as your last, you may as well ignore me.
I do not have time for your ilk.

Regards
DL

Yep.

Try coming up with a few issues where good and evil do not apply. It is quite tough.

Without the knowledge of good and evil we could talk about almost nothing.

If your next is as informative as your last, you may as well ignore me.
I do not have time for your ilk.

Regards
DL

I don't blame you, if you're making statements like ''god did not earn his trust''.

Do you have any idea of the magnitude of God, regardless of belief or lack of?

jan.

GIA,

This inference is a trigger that stops you from really opening your mind.
A+E made their choice, knowing the consequences of their action.

jan.
If memory serves me right God told Adam that the forbidden fruit would kill them. The snake told Eve that God was lying and that they wouldn't die.
Looks to me as if the snake was right and God was indeed lying.
He did punish them however, in the most childish manner I might add.
-- You still didn't answer my question about the tree of knowledge of good and evil by the way. What was it for? What were the effects of the fruit if someone were to eat from it?
And what's with the cursing of the snake? If it really was Satan disguised as a snake why did God curse the snakes?

Last edited:
Back