Should it be illegal for women to smoke while they are pregnent?

Bells orleander. Just told pb about this thread and what you said about me. Her comment was that it should not only be illegal to smoke while pregant but that the penelty for it should be manditory sterilization. This from a women who currently DOSE smoke

Mandatory sterilization? Seriously? Is this what your advocating?:bugeye:

Me? No can't you read???? That's what my "poor abused and dominated" partner thinks should happento any women (including herself) who smokes while pregnant.

Bells go and ask a person who suffers FAS what they think of the "its my body and ill do what I want" crap

You surport seatbelt laws which (unless extreemly unlucky) only effect the person not wearing the seatbelt but you think its ok to ruin someone else's life? What a joke.

Bells lets say your a stay at home mum and your husband goes out and blows the weeks money on the pokies. He earned it, its his money right? You wouldn't say a thing correct? It would be to bad that your child went hungry, that's just tough luck he earned it and its not right to question or impose on your partner correct?
Oy vey!

You're still missing the point..

You stated in this thread that you plan to control what your partner ingests in all shapes and sizes from the time you start planning to have a child together because you do not think she can be adult enough to be responsible for doing the right thing during her pregnancy and then prattled on about how you think women who have a drink or a puff should either be made to abort or jailed as a result of their actions. I said that is controlling and somewhat abusive and you come out with FAS and seatbelt laws and demand to know what I think of State laws... which are completely different to the "law" you seem to have put down at home.

Can you tell the difference between telling your wife she'd not getting sex if she dares smoke or even eat the wrong thing while you're trying to get pregnant and State laws meant to protect the general public from harm? I'll give you a hint.. You're not the Government.

Bells orleander. Just told pb about this thread and what you said about me. Her comment was that it should not only be illegal to smoke while pregant but that the penelty for it should be manditory sterilization. This from a women who currently DOSE smoke
Lovely.

So she knows that if she smokes while you're planning on trying for a child you're reporting her to the police or demand she has an abortion if she is pregnant? Will you be going at her with scissors for her mandatory snip snip? Did you tell her how you told us that you don't think she can be adult enough to be responsible so you have to step up and make sure she's doing everything correctly?

:rolleyes:

Lucysnow said:
Mandatory sterilization? Seriously? Is this what your advocating?
No. He's advocating being the adult in the relationship because his other half can't be while they try for or fall pregnant with a child and he's also advocating the woman having the "choice" between an abortion or jail time if she does smoke or drink. He is "da law".;)

Bells I'm begining to wonder if your problem is ypu DID smoke while pregnant and you feel guilty about it.

Bells I'm begining to wonder if your problem is ypu DID smoke while pregnant and you feel guilty about it.

No I did not smoke while pregnant. I don't smoke.

But I did have wine before I found out I was pregnant. Quick.. call the womb police and have me sterilised!:rolleyes:

No. He's advocating being the adult in the relationship because his other half can't be while they try for or fall pregnant with a child and he's also advocating the woman having the "choice" between an abortion or jail time if she does smoke or drink. He is "da law".;)

Why have a baby with a woman one doesn't find adult or mature enough to reasonably take care of herself when she's pregnant?:bugeye:

@Asgaurd

Yes dear I can read. I was asking if you share her opinion.

Back