Should I Become An Atheist?

Should I Become An Atheist?

• Total voters
KennyJC said:
I'm assuming you follow the Bible or have a personal God, or follow a God created by organised religion. If so, then how does this stand up to scrutiny?

because if i am given time, i can reconcile ANY scientific fact with ANY question regarding jewish teachings.

KennyJC said:
Ah I see what you're doing. The old trick of using words normally associated with religious zealots such as Fundies and Preaching, and applied them to the non-believer.

not even close. i was just pointing out the hypocrisy that i see.

KennyJC said:
Atheists have an abundance of proof that most/all of organised religion are false. But if you are talking about the existence of what we humans would call "an intelligent creator", then you are right, there is no proof such a thing doesn't exist.

lets see the PROOF. all i ever hear on this forum is "the burden of the proof is on the believer.".............now, you claim you have proof, so lets see it. and i want details on the specific religions you say have been proven false.

Lerxst said:
Agreed. I think that what atheism does offer is the simplest, most parsimonious explanation. Occam's Razor is indeed a great tool, and should certainly be considered, but it is NOT an arbiter of Truth. Sometimes the simplest explanation is wrong. Moreover it is not clear to me at all that Occam's Razor is applicable to all metaphysical questions.

There is a huge difference between "The simplest explanation is that there is no god, so I will live me life as if there is not one" and "I KNOW with absolute certainty that there is no god."

PERFECTLY said.

if there is no GOD... why not kill, rape and murder all we want?

why was it bad for hitler to kill millions??? if it is only man who makes the rules.

and all morality is just made up by wackos???

hummm?

-and humanism... and all modern atheists concepts of right and wrong.. was inspired by religions.... they just cut out the religious parts.. and call it modern.. and atheist.....

hitler had those same views.

-MT

Mosheh Thezion said:
if there is no GOD... why not kill, rape and murder all we want?

why was it bad for hitler to kill millions??? if it is only man who makes the rules.

and all morality is just made up by wackos???

hummm?

-and humanism... and all modern atheists concepts of right and wrong.. was inspired by religions.... they just cut out the religious parts.. and call it modern.. and atheist.....

hitler had those same views.

-MT
We do rape and murder all we want. (not me personally, I don't want to do those things)

The laws and codes of morality in Abrahamic religions were stolen from the pagan cultures they conquered. They were designed by societies in order to smooth social relations.

I heard Hitler wore clothing. Should we be naked from now on?

Last edited:
simple question... does man make up and deside all these rules???
morality?? ethics??? right and wrong???

if he does... then why not conquer and enslave the world???

-MT

Yes, man makes up the rules, and we do try to conquer and enslave the world, or haven't you noticed?

THEN HITLER WAS RIGHT...? is that what your saying...?

since his version of the rules says you should eat dirt and be his slave.

and he almost got his way... world domination.

-MT

Lerxst said:
I am a former atheist, and am now an agnostic. It was a very liberating change to make. My advice is to keep searching - is there an overwhelming reason to have to pigeonhole yourself at this point?
welcome to sciforums guy, but you are a lier.
you could only ever have been an agnostic or theist.
seriously think and try to use reason and common sense, then you will realise you made a mistake.

Because it is in our self-interest to avoid being conquered, therefore we make the rule- no conquering unless provoked.

POINT IS PEOPLE.... do you want our world leaders to be theist?? or atheist??

because the atheist mind can allow himself to do anything...

the theist mind fears the anger of GOD, AFTER DEATH FOR HIS ACTIONS...

the atheist.. has no such fear...

now granted... theists leaders still do terrible things... or have.

but how much more evil are the things done by atheist leaders??

THERE IS a difference... especially when one is in power.

-MT

There's no end to the harm you can do when you think God is on your side. I would rather leaders consider how to make things better on this Earth than think of human conflict as a reflection of cosmic forces.

Last edited:
Mosheh Thezion said:

because the atheist mind can allow himself to do anything...

the theist mind fears the anger of GOD, AFTER DEATH FOR HIS ACTIONS...

the atheist.. has no such fear...

now granted... theists leaders still do terrible things... or have.

but how much more evil are the things done by atheist leaders??

THERE IS a difference... especially when one is in power.

-MT

Why would an atheist not have morals? I really do not see the logic behind it. An atheist cannot hide behind god so his morals would be even more important to him than a theist.

I don't want world leaders of any kind. This idea is also a reflection of religion.

audible said:
welcome to sciforums guy, but you are a lier.
you could only ever have been an agnostic or theist.
seriously think and try to use reason and common sense, then you will realise you made a mistake.

Could you be more specific? Are you saying that through reason and common sense I can only arrive at atheism?

GOD fearing people behave in regards to their fear... for their soul.

ATHEISTS... only fear getting caught by other humans...

there is a fundamental difference in how such will affect ones behavior.

-MT

So? The first commandment says Thou shalt not kill. Does that stop them from killing? The bible says usury (charging interest on money lent) is a sin, does that stop religious people from the banking industry?

Back