• No, its stupid to have a category for NOT believing in something

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Got better things to think about

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • My opinion, which is better than yours, is given in a post below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
P.S.
Atheism is a position similarly as, for instance, 'antisemitism' is a position.

You're preaching to the choir. My views on antisemitism are closely correlated to my views on atheism.

Since when is one not permitted to oppose a linguistic family?

Is there a book of scripture somewhere? Or have you decided what all atheists believe?

I qualified my statements with: "But generally, self-declared atheists directly or indirectly assert tenets to the effect of."

Besides, find one example of an atheist who doesn't hold the tenets I mentioned.

SAM, it's the same as the word vegetarian or vegan to mean someone that doesn't eat meat (a negative position it could be said).
The word exists to explain to people that DO eat meat what your position is, since most people do eat meat and therefore require a label for people that do not.

I think I'm right that most people in the world are theists and as such require a label for people different to them.

SAM, it's the same as the word vegetarian or vegan to mean someone that doesn't eat meat (a negative position it could be said).
The word exists to explain to people that DO eat meat what your position is, since most people do eat meat and therefore require a label for people that do not.

I think I'm right that most people in the world are theists and as such require a label for people different to them.

Well I'm Indian so that analogy is not relevant to me. Shakahari means leaf eater and Masahari means meat eater. They both signify a position of dietary intake, the analogy would be saying acarnivore, which doesn't say anything except that you don't eat meat

Well I'm Indian so that analogy is not relevant to me. Shakahari means leaf eater and Masahari means meat eater. They both signify a position of dietary intake, the analogy would be saying acarnivore, which doesn't say anything except that you don't eat meat

It might not be relevant to you personally, but did you understand my point?

SAM said:
Yeah, but I don't need atheists to speak for my religion and what implications it holds for my life.
You are way too sure of that, under the circumstances.

The best guess would be that you do need outside perspective. Most dwellers in a particular worldview do, and the serious theisms are often - what's the word - flagrant in their display of a need for feedback from a neutral party.

SAM said:
That is the crux of atheism. Anti-religion
Except for the spiritual and religious atheists, of course.

And the various atheists who consider theism a very good discipline for the masses, or a necessary deception for the troubled and unenlightened, or the like.

Religion has proven itself very useful, for a certain kind of sociopath.

Last edited:
You are way too sure of that, under the circumstances.

The best guess would be that you do need outside perspective. Most dwellers in a particular worldview do, and the serious theisms are often - what's the word - flagrant in their display of a need for feedback from a neutral party.

If I want an opinion on religion, I'll ask another theist. Thats like a second opinion. If I want to learn something, I won't ask someone who thinks education is a waste of time. Thats not a neutral opinion, thats just pointless. I've learned a lot from Christians, Hindus and Muslims who think differently from me.

All I've learned from atheists is that some arguments are just pointless.

In that case just look at the incidence of "secular" countries invading, exploiting and massacring the non-secular ones. That should cover the last 50 years.

anyone know who did this? Who was the secular country and who was the non-secular one?:confused:

anyone know who did this? Who was the secular country and who was the non-secular one?:confused:

Is there a point you are making? Or are you saying that western countries are not secular or that the countries they invaded are?

Is there a point you are making? Or are you saying that western countries are not secular or that the countries they invaded are?

huh?? You said it and I was wondering who. I don't know of any non-secular countries.

Yeah, they routinely put people to death for being non-Muslims. Sometimes, they run out of non-Muslims to kill, so they kidnap them from other countries.

But if they are Muslim, they aren't secular.

Do you know of any secular countries that invaded non-secular countries or not?:confused:

Atheists are champions of religious tolerance, I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Back