Senseless violence

Well I don't know how it was when you were growing up. If I remember correctly though alot of my friends had a parent that was home, when they got home from school.
I really don't remember anybody going off to a babysitter or anything. I think back then, there were more households where a parent (usually a mom ) was home. My mom was home until I was about 9 and then she went back to work. I knew alot of kids that had that same situation. Today it seems very rare to find a stay at home parent. Kids go to school allday and then off to a babysitter until 6-7pm. They get home spend hardly any time with their parents and it is off to bed. The parents are also beat from both working all day, and maybe don't have the energy to really keep an eye on what their kids are doing. I find that those parents are usually the type to spoil them with alot of material bullshit to make up for the time they aren't spending with them.

This is one of my theories of why I think kids are different then when I grew up.

Well I don't know how it was when you were growing up. If I remember correctly though alot of my friends had a parent that was home, when they got home from school.
I really don't remember anybody going off to a babysitter or anything. I think back then, there were more households where a parent (usually a mom ) was home. My mom was home until I was about 9 and then she went back to work. I knew alot of kids that had that same situation. Today it seems very rare to find a stay at home parent. Kids go to school allday and then off to a babysitter until 6-7pm. They get home spend hardly any time with their parents and it is off to bed. The parents are also beat from both working all day, and maybe don't have the energy to really keep an eye on what their kids are doing. I find that those parents are usually the type to spoil them with alot of material bullshit to make up for the time they aren't spending with them.

This is one of my theories of why I think kids are different then when I grew up.

Good point.
In my opinion there should always be a parent at home with the kids. Easier said than done though.

i'm a stay at home mum, ( i go to college 2 days a week) and to be honest i really enjoy it, i cook for my family and i look after them and its what i like to do!

but i do think that perants are to soft on they're kids these days, a swift slap accross the ass would'nt kill them, and it make make them stop and think abotu what they're doing

we have gone soft, even perants can be arrested for hitting they're own children now,

Hey luci I have to agree. What you said reminds me of this. I remember my older brother saying to my mom once you can't hit me, I could call the police on you!! I sat back and thought what the hell are you thinking :eek:

My mom started laughing and said "OH REALLY! Who told you that bullshit"
The school did. My mom laughed again and said "You go and call the police but you you better stay at the police station too, because when you get back I will really give you something to call the police about"

It seems pretty funny to me now. I knew better then to say such stupid things to her lol

Hey luci I have to agree. What you said reminds me of this. I remember my older brother saying to my mom once you can't hit me, I could call the police on you!! I sat back and thought what the hell are you thinking :eek:

The school did. My mom laughed again and said "You go and call the police but you you better stay at the police station too, because when you get back I will really give you something to call the police about"

It seems pretty funny to me now. I knew better then to say such stupid things to her lol

lol It's a guy thing. :cool:

you mum sounds ace!!

my son hit me just last week and i hit him back and i mean i hit him, and he said if you hit me again i will call the police, and i just turned around and said, go ahead and remember your 16 now, old enough to be arrested, he didnt bother calling anyone

you mum sounds ace!!

my son hit me just last week and i hit him back and i mean i hit him, and he said if you hit me again i will call the police, and i just turned around and said, go ahead and remember your 16 now, old enough to be arrested, he didnt bother calling anyone

I can't imagine my kids ever hitting me. If that ever did happen, WATCH OUT!

Might be that it's all a bit soft. I don't want to bloody whack anyone, but I remember distinctly reining in my bastardy when I was a kid on fear of being clouted one by the old man. He never actually did, but I was always aware that if I was too spectacularly bad there was the possibility of one.

Back