Senseless violence

shorty its a university grade not a highschool grade

They go fail, pass, credit, distinction and high distinction

Ahhhhhhhhh I never went to University so I don't know how they do that here either.

Good for you then! I still don't understand. Do you not lose marks for grammer and spelling???

no as i said i get my partner to spell check my uni assignments and as for the rest of the work its a disability so its not concidered

and there is nothing wrong with my grammer

A 26 year old australian man was bashed and thrown into a fire pit and left to die in San Diago by two teenages recently. Why?

Just like the Sophie thread this just baffles me, the man had thrid degree burns to 15% of his body by the time a homeless man pulled him out. He is now back in Adelaide and they are doing a benifit concert for him through SAFM but it just baffles me as to why ANYONE would do this.

Was it drugs?
Was it that they are budding sociopaths?

I heard it was poor spelling and grammar. Or so one hopes, anyway.

no as i said i get my partner to spell check my uni assignments and as for the rest of the work its a disability so its not concidered

and there is nothing wrong with my grammer

Oh fucking priceless. Starting a sentence with a conjunction is _good_ grammar, is it? Lost the ability to use a semicolon have we?

I know run on sentences are a bane, and recently some people think it's OK to use a conjunction to start a sentence, but judicious rephrasing makes it all flow without the need to trample on previous good practice.

I don't have spell check at work, so I type my responses in Word, spell check it and copy/paste it here.
easy peasy

I just type it here. If I type something that really doesn't look right, I just look it up and fix it.
I don't have spellcheck.

Poor Asguard lol

Folks, just download Firefox.

Well I find it makes me think. When my son does reports I make him take his best attempt at spelling the words. I don't want the computer doing all the thinking for him. Then I proof read it. I correct his spelling mistakes. If I am in doubt I will just look up the word.

I didn't mean to make a big deal about Asguard, Sorry. My own grammar sucks!
I just find it frustrating that even the simple words are spelled incorrectly.

Well I find it makes me think. When my son does reports I make him take his best attempt at spelling the words. I don't want the computer doing all the thinking for him. Then I proof read it. I correct his spelling mistakes. If I am in doubt I will just look up the word.

I just type everything I want, then look which words are misspelled. Usually they are just typo's, sometimes I wrote in English spelling in stead of American English. If I don't know a word I still have to look it up ;)

I didn't mean to make a big deal about Asguard, Sorry. My own grammar sucks!
I just find it frustrating that even the simple words are spelled incorrectly.

I find I spell much better now because of the spell checker. It points out mistakes you weren't aware of before.

and look where this thread has gone. Its why grammar/spelling are important. No one notices what you are talking about, they just notice how you have said it.

A 26 year old australian man was bashed and thrown into a fire pit and left to die in San Diago by two teenages recently. Why?

Just like the Sophie thread this just baffles me, the man had thrid degree burns to 15% of his body by the time a homeless man pulled him out. He is now back in Adelaide and they are doing a benifit concert for him through SAFM but it just baffles me as to why ANYONE would do this.

Was it drugs?
Was it that they are budding sociopaths?

I estimate that roughly 80% percent of humans are complete and utter assholes if given even the slightest chance.
So the answer is: people suck, shit happens. It doesn't surprise me anymore.

I estimate that roughly 80% percent of humans are complete and utter assholes if given even the slightest chance.
So the answer is: people suck, shit happens. It doesn't surprise me anymore.

I agree! Nothing surprises me anymore. You should hear some of the things that my 7 yr old comes home and tells me about kids in grade 1 . :eek:

I agree! Nothing surprises me anymore. You should hear some of the things that my 7 yr old comes home and tells me about kids in grade 1 . :eek:

Yep, and it almost seems to get worse in comparison with my day. Or maybe that's just my age talking lol

Yep, and it almost seems to get worse in comparison with my day. Or maybe that's just my age talking lol

I don't think so. I think it is definately getting worse than when I was growing up. Kids have no respect for adults anymore. A parent was telling me about these kids on the weekend that were jumping all over her fence. They were about 8-10 she guesses. They were walking and jumping on her new fence. She had no idea who they were because she never saw them before. One of the kids fell off into her backyard and climbed back up. Finally she said could you please stop jumping on the fence. It is either going to break or one of you kids are going to get hurt. The one kid said no I don't have to. The other kid said do you live here, because now we know where to come back and egg your house! :eek:

Now when I was growing up if that had happened. We would have just said sorry and scurried away as fast as we could. I couldn't even imagine talking back to an adult like that. But that is nothing compared to some of the things I hear from ppl.

I hate to say it but it might just be the result of the introduction of non-physical conditioning. If parents hit a kid nowadays they run the risk of being reported to the police by one of their neighbors. Same with school teachers hitting kids.
Maybe we've gone soft on the little brats.
Don't get me wrong, I'm against hitting and especially by school teachers.
Computer games and violent TV-shows might have something to do with it as well.
Again, I'm just naming possibilities. Actually, I'm critical of these things being important factors in this matter. But it makes you think though..

I hate to say it but it might just be the result of the introduction of non-physical conditioning. If parents hit a kid nowadays they run the risk of being reported to the police by one of their neighbors. Same with school teachers hitting kids.
Maybe we've gone soft on the little brats.
Don't get me wrong, I'm against hitting and especially by school teachers.
Computer games and violent TV-shows might have something to do with it as well.
Again, I'm just naming possibilities. Actually, I'm critical of these things being important factors in this matter. But it makes you think though..

we have gone soft, even perants can be arrested for hitting they're own children now,

Back