Senseless violence

Asguard

Kiss my dark side
Valued Senior Member
A 26 year old australian man was bashed and thrown into a fire pit and left to die in San Diago by two teenages recently. Why?

Just like the Sophie thread this just baffles me, the man had thrid degree burns to 15% of his body by the time a homeless man pulled him out. He is now back in Adelaide and they are doing a benifit concert for him through SAFM but it just baffles me as to why ANYONE would do this.

Was it drugs?
Was it that they are budding sociopaths?

A 26 year old australian man was bashed and thrown into a fire pit and left to die in San Diago by two teenages recently. Why?

Were the teens cannibals and wanted a Bar B Q ? :shrug:

Just off topic for a second here. Why don't you use spellcheck or something?
It is difficult to read your posts. Do you realise that Thread is completely spelled wrong ?

He is probably just a fast typer. Anyways, I have no idea why people do this. They probably do it because their lives are fucked and they just want to take it out on someone else.

for all the relivence it makes to this thread
a) i dont HAVE a spell checker on this computer (its a uni computer and there isnt one built into IE)

and

b) as i have said INUMBERABLE times i cant pick the right word out of the fucking spell checkers. Its a learning disability.

Just like the Sophie thread this just baffles me, the man had thrid degree burns to 15% of his body by the time a homeless man pulled him out. He is now back in Adelaide and they are doing a benifit concert for him through SAFM but it just baffles me as to why ANYONE would do this.

Was it drugs?

It could very well be that they are just arseholes. We need to stop searching for excuses, because sometimes, there simply aren't any. For example, is a man who rapes a sleeping young girl (and patient) in a hospital ward, as his son (also a patient) slept in the next bed, sick or just a perverted bastard?

there are many people stranded on the streets of every city, yet you only noticed this dude because he was Australian, isn't that a bit selfishly nationacentric?

For example, is a man who rapes a sleeping young girl (and patient) in a hospital ward, as his son (also a patient) slept in the next bed, sick or just a perverted bastard?

A horney old man! :D

Actually i only herd about it because i happened to be lissioning to commertial radio for a change and they were talking about it.

well as the guy in question is still at the RAH and my IP adress leads back to flinders uni currently i doubt it:p

Also i dont surf:p
and i am not a sparky
or in a band

and i dont EVER want to go to the US so no im pritty sure its not me

Bells, to be honest you shouldnt be so quick to dismiss burns, they may not be quite as bad as rape but just like a rape they are there everyday for at least YOU to see forever

I was not dismissing burns. I was merely pointing out that we are sometimes too quick to try to find a reason, be it medical or psychological, when someone commits a crime. Akin to saying 'how can any sane person throw another into a pit and set them on fire.. they have to be sick'.. It could very well be that the perpetrator is just an arsehole.

bells what would make YOU throw someone into a fire pit and then stoke the fire around them?

they cut you off?

Even if they did something to piss you off or you did it because you thought it was funny it still indicates a mind that is "not normal" or mentally ill

I know because of your background you might have a problem taking a mental health view of crime but i have to wonder if the whole criminal system shouldnt just be absorbed into the mental health system and jail terms and courts should be abolished in favor of boards than decide when a person is cured enough to funtion as a productive member of sociaty

for all the relivence it makes to this thread
a) i dont HAVE a spell checker on this computer (its a uni computer and there isnt one built into IE)

and

b) as i have said INUMBERABLE times i cant pick the right word out of the fucking spell checkers. Its a learning disability.

Sorry, I just had to ask. I haven't mentioned it before, and I did not see your explanation before.

Who knows why teenagers do what they do. Sometimes there is no explanation. They all think they are just too god damn cool!
They also know (in Canada) anyway there isn't much punishment for minors. I really think they need to stop letting these little pricks
get off so easy!

Last edited:
bells what would make YOU throw someone into a fire pit and then stoke the fire around them?

they cut you off?

Even if they did something to piss you off or you did it because you thought it was funny it still indicates a mind that is "not normal" or mentally ill

I know because of your background you might have a problem taking a mental health view of crime but i have to wonder if the whole criminal system shouldnt just be absorbed into the mental health system and jail terms and courts should be abolished in favor of boards than decide when a person is cured enough to funtion as a productive member of sociaty

In some cases, mental illness is a factor. I am not discounting that. A history or a childhood filled with abuse and violence can also be a factor. But not all the time. There are some people who are, for lack of a better term, simply arseholes. They have never been abused as children, instead bought up in loving and stable homes. They also have no history of mental illness. And yes, sometimes they will commit a horrendous crime against another person.

We need for them to have a mental illness or come from an abusive household because we simply cannot fathom why someone could do something like that to another human being. We cannot fathom or want to understand that there are people out there who are capable of committing such a crime against another person with no underlying cause.

actually bells i concider those people (basically im assuming your discribing sociopaths) as still mentally ill. Not having any ability to empathise with anyone would be a terrible disability. The fact that personality disorders currently CANT be treated doesnt mean that they should be locked up in a jail to rot, maybe if we actually TRIED to treat them we would find a way to do it. In the mean time i would rather be in glenside than yattler prision

Oh and just because something is concidered criminal rather than a mental illness indicator now doesnt mean it wont be in the future. Rember crime was concidered sin untill recently and mental illness the devil

actually bells i concider those people (basically im assuming your discribing sociopaths) as still mentally ill. Not having any ability to empathise with anyone would be a terrible disability. The fact that personality disorders currently CANT be treated doesnt mean that they should be locked up in a jail to rot, maybe if we actually TRIED to treat them we would find a way to do it. In the mean time i would rather be in glenside than yattler prision

Oh and just because something is concidered criminal rather than a mental illness indicator now doesnt mean it wont be in the future. Rember crime was concidered sin untill recently and mental illness the devil
I am describing people who are arseholes Asguard. I am describing people who can harm or ill another human being without any feeling of remorse, and then go home and be a loving spouse and parent, friend, son/daughter, etc.

Not everyone does something bad because they are mentally ill. Some people do bad things to others simply because they can.

We, as a human species, need to try to explain or justify the crimes of others because we cannot understand how a 'sane person could do such a thing'. Sane people do bad things all the time. There does not need to be a reason or an underlying mental illness.

Was it drugs?

It could very well have been because of drugs.

You know, the same drugs you stress we should legalize.

Oops!

I am describing people who are arseholes Asguard. I am describing people who can harm or ill another human being without any feeling of remorse, and then go home and be a loving spouse and parent, friend, son/daughter, etc.

Not everyone does something bad because they are mentally ill. Some people do bad things to others simply because they can.

We, as a human species, need to try to explain or justify the crimes of others because we cannot understand how a 'sane person could do such a thing'. Sane people do bad things all the time. There does not need to be a reason or an underlying mental illness.

People are capable of all sort of terrible things, because they're people. If the right conditions are met, even the sanest, normalist, nicest of people can do terrible stuff.

For some, those conditions are nothing more than opportunity. Just because you're capable of butchering a stranger doesn't mean you're so fucked in the head that you can't raise a kid or love your spouse.

Back