Sciforums religion survey 2014

What do you believe? (Select all that apply.)

• I don't believe in God now, and I never did.

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • I don't believe in God now, but I used to.

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • I believe in God now, but in the past I did not.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I believe in God now, and always have.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I have no opinion on God/do not wish to select one of the above options.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I don't believe in God, but I believe there is a higher power, life force or similar.

• I don't regard myself as religious, but I am a spiritual person.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I believe that human beings have a soul or life force which remains after the death of the body.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I believe in reincarnation.

• I describe myself as a follower of a recognised religion.

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did exactly the same thing(discernment etc.) when I had my encounter. I guess the method we communicated wasn't the pseudo style "telepathy" but we didn't communicate verbally. The most memorable part of the experience was the amazing love I felt from this entity.
spiritual masturbation

Disgusting. You really are a card. You quite obviously post for mental masturbation, and mocking spiritual people must really get you going.
On the contrary, I'm critical because I want to believe as many true things as possible, and not believe any false things. In the same way Houdini was interested in psychic phenomenon, but he ended up debunking them. He was looking for something real.

On the contrary, I'm critical because I want to believe as many true things as possible, and not believe any false things. In the same way Houdini was interested in psychic phenomenon, but he ended up debunking them. He was looking for something real.
Love isn't "real" but it exists.

Love is a real emotional state.

Really, where's the proof? If you've been in love you'll know it's tangible.

I'm quite sure you are confusing the religious term "faith" with the common definition, which means only "tentative trust, subject to revision".
It's the same thing, just your faith is exclusively non-God orientated.

Are you talking about your faith here?
I have none. I might have a trust that the sun will come up tomorrow, but that is based on previous experience. It's possible that aliens will shoot an anti-fusion bomb into the center of the sun, and it won't come up.

I have none. I might have a trust that the sun will come up tomorrow, but that is based on previous experience. It's possible that aliens will shoot an anti-fusion bomb into the center of the sun, and it won't come up.
So you have developed trust with a star? Do you worship it in the hope it will rise the next day? You rely on faith as much as me you either don't realize it subconsciously or simply want to ignore it consciously, while all along slamming anyone who has faith in God... is that your game?

You haven't explained why you think I have faith. I trust that the star will come up on the horizon based on it's previous behavior for the last 11 billion years or so. So, evidence. My definition of faith is belief in the absence of evidence.

You haven't explained why you think I have faith. I trust that the star will come up on the horizon based on it's previous behavior for the last 11 billion years or so. So, evidence. My definition of faith is belief in the absence of evidence.
Who do you trust? Trust is useless without faith.

I did exactly the same thing(discernment etc.) when I had my encounter. I guess the method we communicated wasn't the pseudo style "telepathy" but we didn't communicate verbally. The most memorable part of the experience was the amazing love I felt from this entity.
That's just a stimulation of a certain part of the brain. You can do that with a probe or with drugs for that matter.

Less of the bullshit Cris. You said it was an easy choice to make, to become a Christian and get thrown to the lions. Simple as. You have no respect for genuinely decent people that tried to make a better world, yet were crucified/beheaded, and still are because they simply want to live in peace.
Your recent posts today do not appear to be responding to the topics or quoted texts - are you drunk or high on something?

I can't see that anything you just said has any bearing on the quoted text or reports anything that I have ever said or implied. It feels like you didn't read what I wrote and have concocted a nonsense and irrelevant response to what you think I might write based on some perverted perception you have created of me. Or are you just simply drunk?

Back