Saying You Fool will take you to hell according to the Bible !!

path said:
Most muslims cannot grasp the bible because they are accustomed to the verbatim "koran tells me exactly what to do" interpretation of holy texts. eg. "don't take friends from the non-believers, wash yourself in such and such a way after you do this or that, pray 5 times aday facing this direction. etc etc. The bibles stories are parables, stories written to help you live a better life they are NOT literal they are SYMBOLIC. What you posted is NOT the context it is a snippet from the bigger picture a sound bite. Read the entire passage it is saying you cannot love the Lord if you don't love EVERYONE ELSE. Certainly that is not too academic for you to understand, or is it.

Stop the yelling PM I am not trying to convert you to christianity so relax and cut the bullshit

Thats a stupid defense. so some parts of the Bible are just Symboli but others are the truth? well what makes you think that the verse described by PM is symbolic? it doesn't say it is symbolic.

"Jesus is the son of God" you take that literally though for some reason even though it DOESNT say it is actually a fact or a symbol.

are the Ten commandments symbolic? is God symbolic? is the whole Bible symbolic? what parts of the Bible are symbolic? and what arent? how do you know?

im not saying you Christians are right or wrong on this particlar thread but do you get now how the Bible can be easily misinterpretated becasue people are uinable to fully understand it. this is the same with the Quran.

It's not that easy to misinterpret the Bible (nor to decide what is symbolic or not - usually it's a bit of both). The key is study and application. Without that it's just another book.

Tiassa made some very insightful comments on the topic, although uncertainty about the nature of the Holy Spirit sabotaged his conclusion a bit. The "unforgivable sin" is the very act of denying forgiveness: denying the truth (the Holy Spirit is also called the "Spirit of truth") of Christ himself. Rejecting a person is like rejecting Christ, but rejecting what is true and honourable in a person (such as calling him an idiot), is rejecting the Spirit of Truth.

You'll see Jesus made the statement after He was accused of driving out demons with the help of Satan. In other words, his power and miracles were acknowledged, but his authority was challenged. The truth is denied it's victory. In the same way that rejecting truth means rather believing a lie, rejecting forgiveness means committing an unforgiveable sin.

In another thread it's being argued that Jesus' death was unwanted and redundant: that He died for sins that are only threatening in the first place because of God. That's exactly the mentality Jesus is condemning here.

Last edited:
Proud_Muslim said:
How can Christians know for sure they are saved when Jesus himself
made statements declaring they are headed for Hell ?

For Example :

" But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire . " Matthew 5:22

Surely most of christians have said bad words now and then , therefore according to Jesus , most of them will go to Hell and are not Free from punishment according to Jesus .

Allah (which means - God - in the Semitic Arabic language) gives us many clear signs in the Holy Quran to assure us we will be saved , Allah clarifies the Favors bestowed upon us and in return Allah only asks you believe in the Day of Judgement , in those Allah sent to us (including Jesus) and follow the teachings of the Quran .

" Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve . " {The Holy Quran 2:277}

http://www.jesus-or-allah.com

This one's easy :D

Jesus is saying that any sin, big or small, is liable to the fires of hell. We think that saying an Aramaic curse word to someone is much worse than saying "You idiot."

Jesus points out to us that "You fool" is no better than "raca". He means that you should treat every sin as though it were deadly. Because it is.

On the note of your Quranic verse, this actually helps me to make a very valid point about Islam. It is a works-based religion. Furthermore, by stating that you need to believe in Jesus as well, Islam would have no credibility, because you would need to believe in Jesus. And Jesus teaches that He is the only way to the kingdom of Heaven.

Yours in Christ,

Kevin

JesusisLord51 said:
This one's easy

Jesus is saying that any sin, big or small, is liable to the fires of hell. We think that saying an Aramaic curse word to someone is much worse than saying "You idiot."

Jesus points out to us that "You fool" is no better than "raca". He means that you should treat every sin as though it were deadly. Because it is.

So you are confirming saying you fool will take you to hell according to jesus ???? I thought your jesus was all about love and forgiveness !! :rolleyes:

On the note of your Quranic verse, this actually helps me to make a very valid point about Islam. It is a works-based religion. Furthermore, by stating that you need to believe in Jesus as well, Islam would have no credibility, because you would need to believe in Jesus. And Jesus teaches that He is the only way to the kingdom of Heaven.

This is NONESENSE, Muslims believe in Jesus as prophet, beside, I CHALLENGE YOU TO SHOW ME WHERE IN THE BIBLE JESUS SAID, I AM GOD, WORSHIP ME !!!!!

" Not every one who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven . " Matthew 7:21

God cannot be tempted, Jesus was tempted by the DEVIL 3 TIMES, Therefore, Jesus cannot be God.

In Mathew 4:1-2 "Then Jesus was led by the spirit up into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil. After he had fasted forty days and forty nights, then he felt hungry." One has to ask himself a very simple question here: Why would Jesus allow the Devil to lead him to the wilderness to try to tempt him if he were God? This clearly proves that Jesus is not and can not be God!!!.

In Mathew 4:5-6 "The the devil took him along into the holy city, and he stationed him upon the battlement of the temple and said to him: If you are a son of God, hurl yourself down; for it is written He (Jehovah) will give his angels a charge concerning you, and they will carry you on their hands, that you may at no time strike your foot against a stone. Jesus said to him: Again it is written, you must not put Jehovah your God to the test."

Here we see that the devil for the second time tried to tempt Jesus and have him do things that would make him doubt his GOD Jehovah or Allah. Jesus replied to him by telling him that no matter what you try to do, you will never be able to test your GOD (your creator). The devil was trying to have Jehovah or Allah send angels to Jesus, and Jesus made it clear to the devil that no one can put GOD to the test, and no one can have GOD do anything without the will of GOD. The devil will never be able to have Jehovah or Allah send down his angels if Jehovah didn't will it.

In Mathew 4:8-10 "Again the devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, and he said to him: All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me. Then Jesus said to him: God away Satan! For it is written, It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone, you must render sacred service."

Here we clearly see that after the devil offered Jesus the world, Jesus told him to go away and to go and worship Allah Almighty or Jehovah. One has to ask himself a very simple question here: If Jesus was Jehovah, then how come he didn't tell Satan in Mathew 4:8-10 "It is me whom you must worship" ? Jesus told Satan "It is Jehovah your God you must worship", which clearly shows that Jesus is not Jehovah!!!.

PM,

This is not the point, the point is this: if you say YOU FOOL, you will go to hell, this is the point of the passage, will you please comment on it ?

This is what I really enjoy the most about my religion. I don't give a damn about what the Bible or the Koran says. I don't believe in Heaven nor Hell. I don't bleive in God nor Allah.

Damn it is a peaceful world without such trash.

MacM said:
PM,

This is what I really enjoy the most about my religion. I don't give a damn about what the Bible or the Koran says. I don't believe in Heaven nor Hell. I don't bleive in God nor Allah.

Damn it is a peaceful world without such trash.

Preach brother MacM peach :D

So you are confirming saying you fool will take you to hell according to jesus ???? I thought your jesus was all about love and forgiveness !!
Talk about pushing an agenda...

The forgiveness is for people who have committed sin, and Jesus is emphasizing that "sin" isn't just murder and theft (as people are wont to think), but its extent is far greater... "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it." (James 2:10). Even when you "just" call someone an idiot you are a sinner among the worst of them - guilty of the same law that prohibits murder.

Oh, PS. God "can" be tempted. People on these forums frequently do. But is God tempted? No. Someone foolhardy enough can always try to tempt the untemptable, or deny the undeniable, there's nothing preventing them.

Proud_Muslim said:
" But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother be liable to the council, and whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire . " Matthew 5:22

You see the underlined word there? Christians interpret that as SPIRITUAL BROTHER. So it appears that threat would only apply to christians who call a fellow christian a fool.

spidergoat said:
Yes, it's true, if your heart is full of anger, you are already in hell.
Such the high standards in Christian morality eh? Loving enemies, no anger, loving neighbors as equals, etc.

Heck I think 99.999% of christians are gonna go to hell. & muslims are gonna join them.

Good thing agnostics are excempted from hell. :D :D :D

Somehow I get the impression that most Christians are a bunch of fantasizing hypocrites, who load sins upon themselves and happily go to hell. I do not think that I have ever seen a Christian behave as he should but I met many who told me how I should behave. But somehow those guys always find away around anything, there are enough examples in this thread I think.

Well, I am happy that I do not restrict myself with some kind of religion, thus I rescue myself from heaven and hell alike. :p

I know some people will answer with some idealistic naive crap about Jesus, god or whatever else but better do not call me names, it will harm your soul :D.

From the context of the passage it is obvious that Jesus is trying to show them that looking good on the outside with regard to the law is not what is important. It is what is in the heart that counts. He is trying to show them the reason behind the law. This is why he summed up the law with the following (From Matthew 22)

34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:
36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
(NIV)

He is teaching those that are under the law the extent of the law. He goes onto say that if you do call your brother a fool you should go and make it right before you come to God. He doesn't state it as something unreversibly sending you to hell, but as something which will put you in danger if you fail to forgive.

luuk said:
From the context of the passage it is obvious that Jesus is trying to show them that looking good on the outside with regard to the law is not what is important.
Excellent point. It's not that pronouncing a certain word will send you to an afterlife of hellfire, but that the true laws are not laws at all. He was leading away from the legislated morality of scribes, to voluntary morality.

DoctorNo said:
Such the high standards in Christian morality eh? Loving enemies, no anger, loving neighbors as equals, etc.

Heck I think 99.999% of christians are gonna go to hell. & muslims are gonna join them.

Good thing agnostics are excempted from hell.

Yes, the standard is pretty high, but its the natural result of experiencing the world as yourself, to whom would you do evil? Between self and other there is no real distinction. The hell is a metaphorical one. Hell and heaven exist in the present, not in the past or future, no one is exempt. You can ask yourself, am I living blissfully in paradise? If not, why?...what made it that way?... the answer is usually (barring natural disaster), man-made. If you want a vision of hell, look no further than the Dark Ages, which came about through misunderstanding the gospel.

Proud_Muslim said:
Oh yeah, every time I post something from the Bible, christians jump and shout ! out of context !! what I posted is the CONTEXT itself.

This is not the point, the point is this: if you say YOU FOOL, you will go to hell, this is the point of the passage, will you please comment on it ?

This passage does not require context. All it states is that one who derides his brother is liable, not destined, to hell.
You misread it, doubtlessly deliberately.

I'm afraid the only "point" is that you're a big-mouthed maniac that just might despise Christianity as much as he fears the West.

Rappaccini said:
This passage does not require context. All it states is that one who derides his brother is liable, not destined, to hell.
You misread it, doubtlessly deliberately.

I'm afraid the only "point" is that you're a big-mouthed maniac that just might despise Christianity as much as he fears the West.

dont we all do it ? Delibertly read Quran wrong to satisfy individuals needs, or read Bible wrong to ful fill one's need? Mocking relgion is very easy so as defending it by simply saying YOU READ IT WRONG............it is common between faithfulls...........Don't you agree?

proud_muslim said:
So you are confirming saying you fool will take you to hell according to jesus ???? I thought your jesus was all about love and forgiveness !! :rolleyes:
Yes, it will take you to hell without the protection of Jesus. When Jesus died on the cross as a sinless human sacrifice, he then spent three days in hell in our place. You try spending even a minute in hell. Then again, if you refuse to open your heart, you'll spend much longer than that.

proud_muslim said:
This is NONESENSE, Muslims believe in Jesus as prophet, beside, I CHALLENGE YOU TO SHOW ME WHERE IN THE BIBLE JESUS SAID, I AM GOD, WORSHIP ME !!!!!

He does not literally say, "I am God, worship Me." But he does imply it. For example, in Matthew 4:19 He says: "Follow me and i will make you fishers of men." Does Jesus really mean he is a holy fisherman? No. He means follow me and worship me and you will have great spiritual gain.

proud_muslim said:
" Not every one who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven . " Matthew 7:21

The will of Jesus' father is NOT good works in themselves, but rather following Jesus and His example. Good works are a byproduct of following Jesus.

proud_muslim said:
God cannot be tempted, Jesus was tempted by the DEVIL 3 TIMES, Therefore, Jesus cannot be God.
In Mathew 4:1-2 "Then Jesus was led by the spirit up into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil. After he had fasted forty days and forty nights, then he felt hungry." One has to ask himself a very simple question here: Why would Jesus allow the Devil to lead him to the wilderness to try to tempt him if he were God? This clearly proves that Jesus is not and can not be God!!!.

In Mathew 4:5-6 "The the devil took him along into the holy city, and he stationed him upon the battlement of the temple and said to him: If you are a son of God, hurl yourself down; for it is written He (Jehovah) will give his angels a charge concerning you, and they will carry you on their hands, that you may at no time strike your foot against a stone. Jesus said to him: Again it is written, you must not put Jehovah your God to the test."

Here we see that the devil for the second time tried to tempt Jesus and have him do things that would make him doubt his GOD Jehovah or Allah. Jesus replied to him by telling him that no matter what you try to do, you will never be able to test your GOD (your creator). The devil was trying to have Jehovah or Allah send angels to Jesus, and Jesus made it clear to the devil that no one can put GOD to the test, and no one can have GOD do anything without the will of GOD. The devil will never be able to have Jehovah or Allah send down his angels if Jehovah didn't will it.

In Mathew 4:8-10 "Again the devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, and he said to him: All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me. Then Jesus said to him: God away Satan! For it is written, It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone, you must render sacred service."

Here we clearly see that after the devil offered Jesus the world, Jesus told him to go away and to go and worship Allah Almighty or Jehovah. One has to ask himself a very simple question here: If Jesus was Jehovah, then how come he didn't tell Satan in Mathew 4:8-10 "It is me whom you must worship" ? Jesus told Satan "It is Jehovah your God you must worship", which clearly shows that Jesus is not Jehovah!!!.

But he is. Jesus and Jehovah are one. And Jesus can and was tempted by Satan. Because he was 100% God and 100% man. God can be tempted by Satan, but He is perfect, so He will never give in. That's where you got confused.

Yours in Christ,

Kevin

For Jesus to ask that people worship him in person would mean asking them to worship God in the form of man - as an apparent equal - which would lead to people worshipping other people as gods. But since God the Father is not seen, there is no such danger, and it conforms to God's commandments. There is also no danger from believing in the wrong unseen God, since Jesus made perfectly clear who He considered "Father" and where his authority came from.

DoctorNO said:
You see the underlined word there? Christians interpret that as SPIRITUAL BROTHER. So it appears that threat would only apply to christians who call a fellow christian a fool.

I thought you were agonistic, thank you for revealing your true colours, pathetic christians !! too ashamed to declare their christianity !! :D

Proud_Muslim said:
I thought you were agonistic, thank you for revealing your true colours, pathetic christians !! too ashamed to declare their christianity !! :D

Aw Im just telling you what I know. Afterall I was a former Christian. :D

You could become a former Muslims too and still be able to say things you knew about Islam. Yes?

Back