samcdkey on Islam

samcdkey said:
I was taught all the religious beliefs, I grew up with Hindus and Christians in close proximity. I have friends who have adopted or converted to other beliefs.

Note how she danced around the question without answering it.

There is no us vs them here.

And, the term 'infidels' refers to who?

samcdkey said:
And I think studying other religious beliefs is actually good, since it helps to understand people better. All religions (comparative) should be taught in schools.

And they should be taught as such alongside the other myths and legends of our history, nothing more.

(Q) said:
And they should be taught as such alongside the other myths and legends of our history, nothing more.

We actually learned religion as a part of history, so I would say you are partially right.

(Q) said:
Note how she danced around the question without answering it.

And, the term 'infidels' refers to who?

I did answer the question only it was directed at someone with better comprehension than you. :)

Use a dictionary:

Infidel
Noun

1. A person who does not acknowledge your God.

samcdkey said:
We actually learned religion as a part of history, so I would say you are partially right.

Yes, religion is a part of history, as is the myths of Zeus and Hercules.

Islam and Christianity, amongst many other religions, should be treated and taught as such, myths.

(Q) said:
Yes, religion is a part of history, as is the myths of Zeus and Hercules.

Islam and Christianity, amongst many other religions, should be treated and taught as such, myths.

Apparently the opinion of other people is as usual with you, equivalent to nothing.

samcdkey said:
I did answer the question only it was directed at someone with better comprehension than you.

No, you didn't.

Use a dictionary:

Infidel
Noun

1. A person who does not acknowledge your God.

Therefore, the infidel is them in your 'us vs them' non-acknowledgement.

samcdkey said:
Apparently the opinion of other people is as usual with you, equivalent to nothing.

And you are perfectly able to demonstrate your religious opinions as something? That would be a first, for any theist.

(Q) said:
No, you didn't.

Therefore, the infidel is them in your 'us vs them' non-acknowledgement.

Your comprehension defies comprehension.

The us vs them only exists where consideration is necessary.

e.g. I have several friends who are Hindus and several more who are Catholic.

If I invited them over, I would have to be careful to have different foods and drinks so that no one would feel discriminated against.

I would also need to keep in mind if it was the time for puja or Lent, so that I would not inadvertently offend someone by offering a food or drink that they are avoiding.

There are differences between people but tolerance and consideration can bridge these differences and bring people to a better understanding of each other.
To insist that all must be the same is selfish and only drives people further apart.

Back