• Atheist

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Come one Come all

Votes: 20 47.6%

• Total voters

Michael

歌舞伎
Valued Senior Member
In regards to religious identity: Which group do you most NOT want to immigrate into your country.

interesting poll michael, wish you had made it public so we could see where these people come from

will be funny if it turns out to be imigrants from the US or australia

I suppose I got to thinking that what's important for the nation of immigrants as well as the immigrants themselves is how well we integrate into society. I myself am an immigrant. I think it's important that I respect the culture I have immigrated to and try my best to positively add to it, not just take.

Thus far it's Muslims that are not wanted. Is this a phenomena of Sciforums or is it a generally held view?

Secondly - Why?

I wonder what Muslims think that reason why is? I wonder what people who chose Muslims think the reason why is? I also wonder if it's the same as the people who chose Atheists and Xians?

Michael

And why? I mean, it's a fair enough choice, but how come?

Because religion is a strong tradition and cultural and social element of Syria; were we to become atheists, we would abandon much of our heritage.

Yes, if the nation became majority Atheists, I could see that might happen. How about the Atheists that are there now? Are they positively contributing to Syria or negatively (your general view)?

How so?

Because religion is a strong tradition and cultural and social element of Syria; were we to become atheists, we would abandon much of our heritage.

All nations have a strong historical tradition of religion. Abandoning misguided beliefs would not eradicate the culture of the Middle East.

~String

I noticed a lot of people viewed but didn't vote? Why? It's kind of odd as there is the choice of come one come all as well.

Yeah, there were 76 views and only a handful of votes in the religious section? YET, the come one come all is not getting a lot of votes either? it's as if people do not want to let ANYONE into their country BUT they are also loath to admit they are prejudiced in some way.

Interesting.

People ARE going to migrate, that's a fact. So, given this is the case, then, make a choice.

I'd be interested to know how many voters against Muslims are from the same countries that voted against Jews escaping the Holocaust from entering their country during WWII.

Would the voters care to declare their nationalities?

I'd be interested to know how many voters against Muslims are from the same countries that voted against Jews escaping the Holocaust from entering their country during WWII.

Would the voters care to declare their nationalities?
But why Muslims? If this was the case then why aren't they voting for Jews?

Oh don't worry, I do believe their turn will come. "They" take turns after all, depending on which people they despise currently. Everyone gets a turn, from the native Americans to the Mayans to the Australian aboriginals. The Jews have just managed to hang on and are now playing the "if you can't beat them, join them" game, which has won them entrance into western society.

Hmm ... I originally voted for atheists, but upon further reflection, I almost wish I had voted for Jews. Ideally, both groups would be forcibly removed and subsequently barred from my country.

Kadark

Back