Reincarnation

What made you think that all of the souls to exist were all there at the beginning? I never saw anything that said that all of the souls had to be alive in the same time period.

Have you ever seen anything that explains what a soul is in terms that we can all understand ?

Reincarnationists claim everyone alive has had a past life, hence my question

Last edited:
Two easy explanations for soul believers:

Someone dies and their soul starts making the walk up the tunnel towards the light. On the way it meets another soul going the other way. They exchange pleasantries and the newly departed soul tells the other that he just left a dying woman in India. The incoming soul acknowledges this and concludes their conversation by saying it was heading to India also. The rest is history.

or

A woman dies in India and her soul decides not to take the walk up the tunnel of light because there's an opportunity to jump into another human about to be born. Maybe an incoming soul got sick or was held up for some reason, a mixup in heaven or something, and the poor soul had to go back to work immediately in another person. A soul's work is never done. :cheers:

Don't be so silly. Insofar as I have framed the debate it is to discuss it according to reason. If you tell me reincarnation cannot be discussed using reason, then I have no interest in discussing it.
what you deemed as the parameters for reason is unreasonable
why would reincarnation only be pertinent to humans?

If it makes sense to you that bugs are reincarnated that's fine by me. Do you understand what an explanation is ? If I question reincarnation and am told I am overlooking bugs, without any reason why this is so, the question remains unanswered.
does one study insects under the discipline of geology?
:rolleyes:

Someone dies and their soul starts making the walk up the tunnel towards the light. On the way it meets another soul going the other way. They exchange pleasantries and the newly departed soul tells the other that he just left a dying woman in India. The incoming soul acknowledges this and concludes their conversation by saying it was heading to India also. The rest is history.

or

A woman dies in India and her soul decides not to take the walk up the tunnel of light because there's an opportunity to jump into another human about to be born. Maybe an incoming soul got sick or was held up for some reason, a mixup in heaven or something, and the poor soul had to go back to work immediately in another person. A soul's work is never done. :cheers:

as a further detail, when the souls are doing this traversing, what form do they take?
IOW would a person who died as a 65 year old hindu housewife have a soul form of a 65 year old hindu housewife?

or

And that's the sole reason for the soul's existence. Makes a lot of sense.

Problem: How does a big soul get into a small body ? Is there a soul-shrinking stage involved ?

what you deemed as the parameters for reason is unreasonable
why would reincarnation only be pertinent to humans?

does one study insects under the discipline of geology?
:rolleyes:

Well, some insects hide under rocks. Are you saying they have no souls ?

Reincarnation is only pertinent to humans because other life forms have more sense to bang on about it.

I didn't believe in reincarnation but I do now. I see you're back
yes it's kind of like that
just because something disappears from your vision, doesn't necessarily mean that it ceases to exit - rather, it simply means something disappeared from your vision .....
:)

as a further detail, when the souls are doing this traversing, what form do they take?
IOW would a person who died as a 65 year old hindu housewife have a soul form of a 65 year old hindu housewife?

Well nature has done a pretty good job building mobile computerized machines out of flesh and blood so I guess the soul is not much different except for a few specialized features. It's probably a lot smaller than the period at the end of this sentence, subatomic, kind of like a microchip, a Pentium 500+. Tiny yes, invisible too, but able to cross the boundaries between the real and the surreal, the natural and supernatural and so on.

There's zillions of them out there. Alas, nature is not perfect and occasionally the soul of a dung beetle accidentally ends up in a human's body, probably a guy who ends up working for Port-a-Potty. You don't want to know where a philosopher's soul usually ends up. You didn't know this but mass extinction epochs on Earth usually occur when souls go in to upload and reprogram.

thats strange that reincarnation thing

cause going by the egyptians they reckon theres a curse and death comes swiftly on wings and not to let loose this curse king tut had locked away
they had put in his tomb place figurines of angels and its written on his tomb walls not to open the seal
wow i reckon thats so weird
and the egyptians say theres an angel that takes em to the other side
thats so weird
and they been breeding this secret only with the pharoahs and they them selves were bred with their own relatives to keep their secret from people and safe
strange beleif indeed
when angels werent invented then thats even more weirder

Well nature has done a pretty good job building mobile computerized machines out of flesh and blood so I guess the soul is not much different except for a few specialized features. It's probably a lot smaller than the period at the end of this sentence, subatomic, kind of like a microchip, a Pentium 500+. Tiny yes, invisible too, but able to cross the boundaries between the real and the surreal, the natural and supernatural and so on.

There's zillions of them out there. Alas, nature is not perfect and occasionally the soul of a dung beetle accidentally ends up in a human's body, probably a guy who ends up working for Port-a-Potty. You don't want to know where a philosopher's soul usually ends up. You didn't know this but mass extinction epochs on Earth usually occur when souls go in to upload and reprogram.
I think you missed the point of my inquiry
if a person dies as a 65 year old hindu housewife and then "moves on", how do explain that they left the body behind?
If the soul can leave behind the physical body at the point of death, why is it necessary that it be encumbered by it afterwards?

if a person dies as a 65 year old hindu housewife and then "moves on", how do explain that they left the body behind?
If the soul can leave behind the physical body at the point of death, why is it necessary that it be encumbered by it afterwards?

Why does it need a body at all? Why does it leave the body at all ? It's seems like a rat deserting a sinking ship.

The body is merely a shell containing sensory equipment, discarded at death. The soul moves between the quantum world and the physical world. Ever wonder what that quantum fuzziness is?

The body is merely a shell containing sensory equipment, discarded at death. The soul moves between the quantum world and the physical world. Ever wonder what that quantum fuzziness is?
great
so now its not clear why a soul is so deeply dyed by their corporeal existence that the possibility of them discarding one shell to enter another is untenable

great
so now its not clear why a soul is so deeply dyed by their corporeal existence that the possibility of them discarding one shell to enter another is untenable

It's just a collector of data, where does deeply dyed enter the picture? The questions are, where is the data processor and who's it for?

It's just a collector of data, where does deeply dyed enter the picture? The questions are, where is the data processor and who's it for?
then you have strayed quite a bit from your original proposal of one 65 year old hindu housewife soul debriefing some other soul on the way through

great

I love the way you talk about souls with such confidence without having demonstrated their existence. Just a small detail, so why waste time discussing ?

I love the way you talk about souls with such confidence without having demonstrated their existence. Just a small detail, so why waste time discussing ?
well who are you?
(meaning you have a sense of self that is continuous and is not affected by changes of the corporeal self, so who are you, or where are you?)

Back