Reincarnation

I am personally open to the idea of reincarnation, though not remembering things from a past life. I remember someone saying in past discussions that people who remember past lives seem to only remember having interesting lives. No one seems to be reincarnated after being a boring accountant. :shrug:

I notice that few skeptics are skeptical about this generalization. Most people remember past lives tend to remember being farmers and fishermen and so on. Mundane little lives. We hear about people who remember being famous people - often people being treated as mentally ill - because this is more jazzy and makes a better read as an article or urban legend.

Despite my skepticism let me assure you that there is nothing more I would love to see proven than some of these paranormal, unnatural or mysterious things such as ghosts, esp, gods, mind over matter, levitation, Bigfoot, UFO's, Dr. Doolittle, time travel, reincarnation and anythng else closely related. Either they have some merit or we are wasting a hell of a lot of time.

Maybe the only thing in this universe that's supernatural is life itself. Figure out what life is and then we'll have something worth talking about.

If everyone alive today has had past lives, how can the increase in the world's population be accounted for. No glib answers please, such as souls coming from other planets

If we are all reincarnate, with or without memory of past lives, then is it unreasonable to assume heaven does not exist or maybe heaven is overcrowded and a few souls spill out now and then? Also, whose past lives did the first humans possess?
alternatively the living entity is eternal

Because how can something which doesn't make any sense, make sense?:shrug:
generally if we don't understand something we inquire from a source that does

also, generally if we disregard such claims of understanding based on our own lack of understanding, we are regarded as stubborn or biased

If everyone alive today has had past lives, how can the increase in the world's population be accounted for. No glib answers please, such as souls coming from other planets
what sources are you calling upon to say that the population is increasing?
i doubt you can fathom how many living entities there are in your house (microbes, bugs, etc) let alone the universe, much less the trends of planetary placement and population

what sources are you calling upon to say that the population is increasing?
i doubt you can fathom how many living entities there are in your house (microbes, bugs, etc) let alone the universe, much less the trends of planetary placement and population

Well now I see where you are coming from. I wondered about your posts but you are now defending yoursel as a reincarnated bug. I asume you know other bugs who have told you about their previous lives. Just leave Bugs Bunny out of it.

Where are all these other inhabited planets to be found. Do tell , and you will qualify for a Nobel prize. The world is waiting for you to speak.

Last edited:
Often reincarnation is described as an aspect of some eastern doctrine (ie relegating it to a cultural aspect)

That doesn't appear to be the case ....

Reincarnation is mainly considered to be a solely eastern philosophy because the Christians (who originally had reincarnation as a part of their belief system) got rid of it in the 3rd or 4th Century AD.

Reincarnation is mainly considered to be a solely eastern philosophy because the Christians (who originally had reincarnation as a part of their belief system) got rid of it in the 3rd or 4th Century AD.

yes
by the agency of Constantine axing Origen for political (rather than philosophical) reasons

Well now I see where you are coming from. I wondered about your posts but you are now defending yoursel as a reincarnated bug. I asume you know other bugs who have told you about their previous lives. Just leave Bugs Bunny out of it.
you don't have to be a PhD to realize that living bugs share something in common with living humans just as dead bugs share something in common with dead humans

Where are all these other inhabited planets to be found. Do tell , and you will qualify for a Nobel prize. The world is waiting for you to speak.
I'm just talking about this planet
(and more specifically, your comments in relation to this planet)

you said that the trends of global population make reincarnation untenable

I am pointing out that you are bluffing

you don't have to be a PhD to realize that living bugs share something in common with living humans just as dead bugs share something in common with dead humans

I'm just talking about this planet
(and more specifically, your comments in relation to this planet)

you said that the trends of global population make reincarnation untenable

I am pointing out that you are bluffing

Call my bluff. Let's have some solid evidence.

If everyone alive today has had past lives, how can the increase in the world's population be accounted for.

There are assumptions about what must be true for reincarnation to possibly work in the above. And then the follow up sentence implies that answers that do not make these assumptions also will be glib.

You have framed the debate well for the skeptical side. Are you conscious that you do this_

There are assumptions about what must be true for reincarnation to possibly work in the above. And then the follow up sentence implies that answers that do not make these assumptions also will be glib.

You have framed the debate well for the skeptical side. Are you conscious that you do this_

Don't be so silly. Insofar as I have framed the debate it is to discuss it according to reason. If you tell me reincarnation cannot be discussed using reason, then I have no interest in discussing it.

If it makes sense to you that bugs are reincarnated that's fine by me. Do you understand what an explanation is ? If I question reincarnation and am told I am overlooking bugs, without any reason why this is so, the question remains unanswered.

You use words you do not understand. What I said was NOT an ad hom: I was merely addressing LG in the manner he had described himself. If my argument is to be construed as an ad hom, then you must show that LG was never a bug in any of his incarnations. Can you do so ?

What made you think that all of the souls to exist were all there at the beginning? I never saw anything that said that all of the souls had to be alive in the same time period.

Back