Quotes to remember

"You almost have to create situations in order to write about them, so I live in a constant state of self-imposed poverty. I don't want to live any other way."---Tom Waits

PPeW9nz.jpg

"To be true to myself, to be the person that was on the inside of me, and not play games. That's what I'm trying to do mostly in the whole world, is not bullshit myself and not bullshit anybody else."
Janis Joplin

ELwaBXZ.jpg

"Having visual impressions is, of course, necessary for seeing things, but it is not sufficient. What must be added is not anything sensible. And it is precisely this that unlocks the outer world for us; for without this non-sensible something, each of us would remain locked up in his inner world." ----Gottlob Frege

“I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”
― Nick Cave

q1nQJ7h.jpg

“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.”
― C.S. Lewis

iQ4KX7l.jpg

Last edited:
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.” – Jack Kerouac, On The Road

EExWhqc.jpg

“I wish to spend a lifetime near a lighthouse where loneliness will be the glimmer of luminous prancing upon ocean waves… rising and falling only for my breathing.”
― Munia Khan

too0Hn7.jpg

"All the qualities of magic reside in women. This is why the fearful suppress them. This is why the wise follow them."--Tennessee Williams.

O4zNsEU.jpg

“Rise up nimbly and go on your strange journey to the ocean of meanings. Leave and don’t look away from the sun as you go.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

gVJY6xN.jpg

“Outside the leaves on the trees constricted slightly; they were the deep done green of the beginning of autumn. It was a Sunday in September. There would only be four. The clouds were high and the swallows would be here for another month or so before they left for the south before they returned again next summer.”
― Ali Smith, The Whole Story and Other Stories

“I did not want to live out my life in the strenuous effort to hold a ghost world together. It was plain as the stars that time herself moved in grand tidal sweeps rather than the tick-tocks we suffocate within, and that I must reshape myself to fully inhabit the earth rather than dawdle in the sump of my foibles.”
― Jim Harrison, Julip

IduezCF.jpg

Last edited:
I've often wondered how Captain Pike fared after being adopted permanently by the scrotum-headed telepaths of Talos 4. An endless supply of naked green alien women while his keepers watched? I think over time you'd adjust to it feeling as real as reality. Reality may after all just be a feeling, a state of mind more than a real place.

LS8mK5Q.jpg

“The healing that comes with self-acceptance rippled through my life. As I embraced my carefree nature, I began living from my truth, and watched as the pure expression of who I am and the love I bring to the world illuminated my life.”
― Shelley Lundquist, Inspiration for a Woman's Soul: Opening to Grace & Gratitude

"Letting there be room for not knowing is the most important thing of all. When there's a big disappointment, we don't know if that's the end of the story. It may just be the beginning of a great adventure. Life is like that. We don't know anything. We call something bad; we call it good. But really we just don't know.”---Pema Chödrön

5YJMQ1v.jpg

Last edited:
“When kids hit 1 year old, it's like hanging out with a miniature drunk. You have to hold onto them. They bump into things. They laugh and cry. They urinate. They vomit.”
― Johnny Depp

jHC05ee.jpg

“Society is like a stew. If you don’t keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top…
How to Overthrow the System: brew your own beer; kick in your Tee Vee; kill your own beef; build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it.”
— Edward Abbey

yTfXOrh.jpg

"Most people are not looking for provable truths. As you said, truth is often accompanied by intense pain, and almost no one is looking for painful truths. What people need is beautiful, comforting stories that make them feel as if their lives have some meaning."
—Haruki Murakami

r7v5evy.jpg

“My life of conversation leads me to reimagine the very meaning of hope. I define hope as distinct from optimism or idealism. It has nothing to do with wishing. It references reality at every turn and reveres truth. It lives open eyed and wholeheartedly with the darkness that is woven ineluctably into the light of life and sometimes seems to overcome it. Hope, like every virtue, is a choice that becomes a habit that becomes spiritual muscle memory.”
― Krista Tippett, Becoming Wise: An Inquiry into the Mystery and Art of Living

vrVlmn2.jpg

Last edited:
Back