All the ones that are broken
All the ones that never really fitted in
I shall gather them all up
And together we shall find our home "

Poem written by Athey Thompson
Art by Seb McKinnon

RPYlOtH.jpg

RPYlOtH.

“He rose and walked to the windows. The moon reflected the pristine whiteness blowing into shadowy silvery mounds beneath the stars. It spread out before him, all pure and flowing and sterling. There'd always been a gentle peace and welcome solitude on a wintry night in this house. A place of memories and innocent times; a place for new plans.”
― Dee Holmes, All I Want for Christmas

meoul66.jpg

"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
Through the unknown, remembered gate
When the last of earth left to discover
Is that which was the beginning." ~T. S. Eliot

Z5VmpLy.jpg

Reactions: C C
“Everything we care about lies somewhere in the middle, where pattern and randomness interlace.”
― James Gleick, The Information: A History, a Theory, a Flood

AJ9HrKD.jpg

“There's relief in not having to be outside. No gardening, no mowing the lawn, no tyranny of long daylight hours to fill with productive activity. We rip through summer, burning the hours and tearing up the land. Then snow comes like a bandage, and winter heals the wounds.”
― Jerry Dennis

“He was mastered by the sheer surging of life, the tidal wave of being, the perfect joy of each separate muscle, joint, and sinew in that it was everything that was not death, that it was aglow and rampant, expressing itself in movement, flying exultantly under the stars.”
― Jack London, The Call of the Wild

s32v4f9.jpg

“Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present. Our life has no end in the way in which our visual field has no limits.”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein, Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus

"You know, our eyes are hungry all the time, and they have to be fed with color and light and flesh and humor. Movies used to be so big and colorful--otherworldly--and this fed us all. It was a big deal to go see a movie--red curtains parting, coming attractions, big, bold vistas, the music! Jesus, it was an event for a quarter or whatever. Now a movie rolls into town like a tumbleweed or a used condom and no one gives much of a shit unless it's loud. So you have to keep feeding your eyes and your soul--with art and poetry and films and people having fun. Having fun is an art too, you know."--Dennis Hopper/Interview with James Grissom in 1997

ToQg6Ib.jpg

Last edited:
“I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape — the loneliness of it; the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn’t show.”
- Andrew Wyeth

LdG4pY6.jpg

“One secret of life is that the reason life works at all is that not everyone in your tribe is nuts on the same day. Another secret is that laughter is carbonated holiness”
― Anne Lamott, Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith

I had to look up how many sentences are possible in the English language. This is what I found:

"If we only take two-word order variations into account, we can safely assume that we know at least 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 sentences or 10 sextillion sentences."

Language is a cornucopia of near infinite meanings..

Virginia Woolf's new years resolutions : " To be free & kindly with myself...Sometimes to read, sometimes not to read.To go out yes—but stay at home in spite of being asked. As for clothes, to buy good ones."

"Do you imagine that we see the hundred thousandth part of what exists? Consider, for example, the wind. The wind whistles, groans, bellows, sometimes even kills. Have you seen it?"
--Guy de Maupassant

hwif7hJ.jpg

Back