Quotes to remember

“In sorrow we must go, but not in despair. Behold! we are not bound for ever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

hi4EGMm.jpg

"If people looked at the Stars
each night, they'd live a lot
differently,
2728.png

when you look into infinity,
you realize that there are
more important things than
what people do all day."
1f319.png
Bill Watterson
1f3a8.png
lmaginary Foundation

cZALx2L.jpg

Last edited:
“And a new philosophy emerged called quantum physics, which suggests that the individual’s function is to inform and be informed. You really exist only when you’re in a field sharing and exchanging information. You create the realities you inhabit.”
― Timothy Leary, Chaos & Cyber Culture

6HNMSc0.jpg

"Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough.”
― Richard P. Feynman

zpPYwsV.jpg

“I think by the time you're grown you're as happy as you're goin to be. You'll have good times and bad times, but in the end you'll be about as happy as you was before. Or as unhappy. I've knowed people that just never did get the hang of it.”
― Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men

hnJD22a.jpg

"When wireless is perfectly applied the whole earth will be converted into a huge brain, which in fact it is, all things being particles of a real and rhythmic whole. We shall be able to communicate with one another instantly, irrespective of distance. Not only this, but through television and telephony we shall see and hear one another as perfectly as though we were face to face, despite intervening distances of thousands of miles; and the instruments through which we shall be able to do his will be amazingly simple compared with our present telephone. A man will be able to carry one in his vest pocket." – Nikola Tesla

“The scene shifts moment by moment. People, places, and things appear and dissappear. You appeared as others expected but not as you chose. You will dissappear as if you never had been, having taken your turn in this world."
~ Thomas Ligotti

“To philosophize is to learn to die – philosophizing is a soaring up to the Godhead – the knowledge of Being as Being."---“Philosophy and Science”, World Review Magazine (March 1950). Karl Jaspers

“You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone.” ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Reactions: C C
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he [/she] dies. The man [person] who never reads lives only one.” ~ George R.R. Martin

I like this quote, with a slight edit on my part.

“Taking a final pleasure in what the wind can neither proclaim nor destroy, I am a student of nightfall, I claim no other profession.”
― Loren Eiseley, Notes Of An Alchemist

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he [/she] dies. The man [person] who never reads lives only one.” ~ George R.R. Martin

I like this quote, with a slight edit on my part.

If I didn't have such a short attention span I'd read Martin's books. I absolutely loved Game of Thrones.

“Winter is the time for stories, staying fast by the glow of fire. And outside, in the darkness, the stars are brighter than you can possibly imagine.”
― Isabel Greenberg, The Encyclopedia of Early Earth

Mulsd6P.jpg

Back