Quotes to remember

“It was one of those problematic occasions with long silences, sporadic coughs, and people saying isolated things like, "Well, isn't this nice.”
― Terry Pratchett

"Let go of certainty. The opposite isn't uncertainty. It's openness, curiosity and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose up sides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow.”
― Tony Schwartz

“Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.”
― Desmond Tutu

“Schools serve the same social functions as prisons and mental institutions- to define, classify, control, and regulate people.”
― Michel Foucault

TaWLlIl.jpg

Last edited:
“If I choose to take the time and make you breakfast in bed, a simple thank you is all we need -- not all of this 'Why are you in my house?' nonsense.”
― Glenn Hefley

“I always regret the plans I’ve made when I was feeling extroverted for five minutes.” - an unknown introvert

So agree.

Last edited:
"Words were originally magic, and even today words retain much of their ancient magical power. By words, one person can make another blissfully happy or drive him to despair."
—Sigmund Freud

YZnYf9r.jpg

Last edited:
"You have no need to travel anywhere - journey within yourself. Enter a mine of rubies and bathe in the splendor of your own light."
~ Rumi

gbuk9kA.jpg

On the topic of monsters. . .

''Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back at you.'' ~ Nietzsche

Last edited:
“I knew that if I allowed fear to overtake me, my journey was doomed. Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I chose to tell myself a different story from the one women are told. I decided I was safe. I was strong. I was brave. Nothing could vanquish me.”
― Cheryl Strayed, Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail

sIX3v2K.jpg

Back