Qualities of the correct epistemology for perceiving God

superluminal said:
Already have a pretty clear one. You are certain there is a god. That's all I need, see?

Exactly. :D

And hence,

superluminal said:
The egocentric arrogance of atheists is a force of nature. Incredible.

superluminal said:
Please read my rant in the "EVIDENCE" thread for an explanation of why you (theists) are egocentric, arrogant, and self-righteous.

I don't even need to create a thread for the atheists; they are self-demonstrative.

And I really could not care less about anyone else's opinion on my beliefs; they are personal and hence, so not anyone else's business. :)

samcdkey said:
Isn't it all? Unobservable or observable?
If you can't observe it or any effects that are unequivocally ascribed to it, why do you feel the need to comment on it?

samcdkey said:
I don't even need to create a thread for the atheists; they are self-demonstrative.

And I really could not care less about anyone else's opinion on my beliefs; they are personal and hence, so not anyone else's business. :)
Then why are you posting here and making such eloquent arguments for your beliefs?

superluminal said:
No. Silly questions will get silly answers.

And people who limit their perspective will have limited experiences.

And never know it. :)

superluminal said:
Then why are you posting here and making such eloquent arguments for your beliefs?

Education. I've heard the polemic from the atheists who profess to be such "experts" where religion is concerned. My beliefs have nothing to do with it.

samcdkey said:
And people who limit their perspective will have limited experiences.

And never know it. :)
Ignorance of fantasy is bliss for us poor reality bound creatures.

superluminal said:
Ignorance of fantasy is bliss for us poor reality bound creatures.

Ignorance IS bliss.

And a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

See, I can do it, too.

samcdkey said:
Education. I've heard the polemic from the atheists who profess to be such "experts" where religion is concerned. My beliefs have nothing to do with it.
How can there be "experts" on religion? Oh right. Just like there are expert D&D players. Sorry. I forgot.

samcdkey said:
Ignorance IS bliss.

And a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

See, I can do it, too.
So? A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

And an informed opinion based on real phenomena is worth an infinity of imaginary sky friends.

superluminal said:
How can there be "experts" on religion? Oh right. Just like there are expert D&D players. Sorry. I forgot.

Aren't all atheists experts on religion?

They do claim to have reached conclusions.

Surely not without examining the evidence (or lack of it)?

superluminal said:
So? A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

And an informed opinion based on real phenomena is worth an infinity of imaginary sky friends.

Of course it is. But the best things in life are taken on faith.

samcdkey said:
Aren't all atheists experts on religion?

They do claim to have reached conclusions.

Surely not without examining the evidence (or lack of it)?
I see you are misinformed. The existence of an actual god has nothing to do with religion. Religion is a huge body of mythology concerning many types of deities that spans all of recorded history. As evidence, religious writings have been shown to be of the "weak" and "unconvincing" variety as I described in an earlier post. Atheists reach their conclusions based on common sense and rational observation. We're straightforward folk, not easily swayed by mass opinions. Sometimes called "free thinkers".

Back