psychic powers

Oniw17

ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum?
Valued Senior Member
Has anyone ever given a realistic explanation of how various psychic powers work? What I'm asking is, are psychic powers purely fantasy, or is there some element of sci-fi(a fake scientific description) to them?

Has anyone ever given a realistic explanation of how various psychic powers work? What I'm asking is, are psychic powers purely fantasy, or is there some element of sci-fi(a fake scientific description) to them?

Nope, there's no realistic explanation because they really are just fantasies - but sometimes coupled with a bit of coincidence and a strong desire that makes them seem to work.

That's exactly what spawns superstitions, too. Someone must have once said, "I broke a mirror and it brought me bad luck." Others heard that and sure enough, when they happened to break a mirror they had some "bad luck" sometime later. And the times they broke one without anything too bad happening were quickly forgotten.

And so it is with psychic powers. They only remember the very few "hits" and totally forget/ignore the hundreds of times that they were wrong.

Has anyone ever given a realistic explanation of how various psychic powers work?

Nobody's every given a demonstrationof of psychic powers existing :). A 'what' has to exist before the 'how' question is asked.

What I'm asking is, are psychic powers purely fantasy, or is there some element of sci-fi(a fake scientific description) to them?

Pure fantasy.

Nobody's every given a demonstrationof of psychic powers existing :). A 'what' has to exist before the 'how' question is asked.
They've been demonstrated many times in movies or novels. Also in certain animes.
Pure fantasy.
Ah...that's so lame. I can't believe that people actually believe they exist.

They've been demonstrated many times in movies or novels. Also in certain animes.

Ah...that's so lame. I can't believe that people actually believe they exist.

Psychic powers are really attractive concepts. Thats why they are used all over the entertainment industry... but more imporantly... people want psychic powers to exist. So badly that they are willing to delude themselves and others.

Starting December 23rd 2012 we are all going to have psychic powers, being able to read people´s mind and stuff... How fun would that be huh?

psychic powers are no different from our other powers, like the power to see and feel. when we evolve and get more experience we get more abilities.

i'll explain some of them very briefly:

telepathy, extra memory and mind control: thoughts are waves of energy, so if you develop your thought receiver you can receive thoughts consciously. every thought that has ever been thought still exists, so you can find things about atlantis and past lives. you can also hack into another persons or animals mind and control them. people used to control lions like this in ancient egypt.

telekinesis and levitation: all physical objects have attraction power, magnetic power, gravitation. if you learn to control this power consciously you can move and manipulate objects with it. a long time ago there were humans who had such strong developed psychokinesis that they could levitate their body and fly, so they didn't need airplanes.

extra-sensory perception (ESP): if you develop your senses you can see energy that all people don't see, like spirits and auras. most people interpret vibration similarly, so they think what they see is reality and if someone sees something they can't see (like ghosts and UFO's) they must be crazy. you can develop x-ray vision and much more.

astral projection: humans have a soul, an "invisible" body, which can be used separately from the physical body.

precognition: when you become better at reading energy you can sense things before they happen because the energy that makes it happen is already there.

tarot cards: psychology, subconscious mind

if you want to know more, tell me which you want me to explain.

if thoughts are waves of energy then its true, that energy will always exist. but seriously i have never read so much interesting nonesense in a single post before.

i wish it were all true, i really do i would love powers like that. but seriously people just cant do that kind of stuff in the conscious world.

peace.

Yeah, right! Anyone silly enough to fall for youtube flim-flammery gets exactly what they deserve. The absolute worst source of "information" on the whole planet. Just one step above 1-800-dial-a-psychic.:rolleyes:

THat dude in the second video has Goku-like powers, and you try to lower the importance, shame on you man!!

but seriously people just cant do that kind of stuff in the conscious world.

if you think you can't, then you can't, and you can't even see others do it. reality works like a dream (fiction). dreams are made of thoughts. what you think becomes reality. if you think (dream) you are awake, you usually can't do anything extraordinary, and even if you do, you won't realize that it's extraordinary until you "wake up". but if you realize that you're dreaming you can do anything.

Anyone silly enough to fall for youtube flim-flammery gets exactly what they deserve. The absolute worst source of "information" on the whole planet.

none of those two videos came from youtube. the first came from some norwegian tv-program and the other is ripley's believe it or not.

none of those two videos came from youtube. the first came from some norwegian tv-program and the other is ripley's believe it or not.

They are on youtube now. But since they both originally came from highly respected and trustworty TV shows we can be assured they are factual!

Right! Gimmie a break!!!!!:bugeye:

psychic powers are no different from our other powers, like the power to see and feel. when we evolve and get more experience we get more abilities.

i'll explain some of them very briefly:

telepathy, extra memory and mind control: thoughts are waves of energy, so if you develop your thought receiver you can receive thoughts consciously. every thought that has ever been thought still exists, so you can find things about atlantis and past lives. you can also hack into another persons or animals mind and control them. people used to control lions like this in ancient egypt.

telekinesis and levitation: all physical objects have attraction power, magnetic power, gravitation. if you learn to control this power consciously you can move and manipulate objects with it. a long time ago there were humans who had such strong developed psychokinesis that they could levitate their body and fly, so they didn't need airplanes.

extra-sensory perception (ESP): if you develop your senses you can see energy that all people don't see, like spirits and auras. most people interpret vibration similarly, so they think what they see is reality and if someone sees something they can't see (like ghosts and UFO's) they must be crazy. you can develop x-ray vision and much more.

astral projection: humans have a soul, an "invisible" body, which can be used separately from the physical body.

precognition: when you become better at reading energy you can sense things before they happen because the energy that makes it happen is already there.

tarot cards: psychology, subconscious mind

if you want to know more, tell me which you want me to explain.
That's actually what I was looking for(not that I believe any of it). Can you explain in any deeper detail? Specifically precognition, and also, what about pyrokenetics and chakra opening? also, what exactly is it that alledgedly enables you to control gravity(which I can't seem to separate from attraction power) and magnetism?

This thread isn't about whether or not psychic powers are real, just how they are presumed to work.

Last edited:
This thread isn't about whether or not psychic powers are real, just how they are presumed to work.

But if they can't be proven then they don't exist. If something doesn't exist why bother trying to understand it?

Back