Prostitution may be decriminalized in San Francisco.

scott3x said:
Yeah. The main thing is getting the money to attend classes; my mother's not so keen on it right now We'll see.

Being educated is worth the effort of getting educated.

I don't know about Canada, but here we have a GED that can get the HS diploma out of the way quickly and get one accepted into community colleges. Generally only a modicum of study is needed and there are guides and what not.

I only need 2 credits to graduate- I've decided it'd be easier to just get them. For a while, I was just sitting on the correspondence course but recently I decided I'd give it a go. Only problem is I'm not sure if it ever came with the CD that it needs (I took accounting first, it has some accounting software). And then there's the fact that the CD needs a PC, when I use a mac. Well, I'll deal with that when I get to it, for now I've ordered a replacement CD.

swarm said:
Home schoolers often use this as a means of establishing their base credentials, as do kids who get sick of HS. A GED and decent scores on the ACT and SAT will generally work most places in the US.

Generally if you don't have a Bachelor's degree you are going to have issues getting a decent job. Though in some fields certification can help.

Well I'll see if I can manage getting that high school certification/diploma for now.

If you check thrift stores you can generally find a PC pretty cheap $10-$40 US, $5 for 17-19" monitor and $1-2 for kbd and mouse. These are generally 650 - 1.5ghz machines (avoid anything slower than a 650) but ought to run your CD easily. For slightly more you can get a pretty decent system off ebay for under $150 US if you shop around.

most macs will run pc stuff in a VM

If you check thrift stores you can generally find a PC pretty cheap $10-$40 US, $5 for 17-19" monitor and $1-2 for kbd and mouse. These are generally 650 - 1.5ghz machines (avoid anything slower than a 650) but ought to run your CD easily. For slightly more you can get a pretty decent system off ebay for under $150 US if you shop around.

most macs will run pc stuff in a VM

Mm. $10-$40 dollars for a case sounds a bit cheap, but I'll see what I can do...

Back