Proof that creation is wrong?

So when you buy a new toothpaste, called cool mint say, and it ruins your teeth. Who do you blame?
You can blame whoever you like - Obama, Trump, the FDA. Up to you. Science doesn't much deal in blame.

But if you want to apply science to the problem, it can determine which compounds in the toothpaste caused the damage you saw.

What was your question?
"You can't be sure of any knowledge full stop." - Me
You can indeed. Claiming that you can't be sure of anything is bothsiderism, which says that any two opinions (i.e. the Earth is flat vs the Earth is round) are equally valid - because no one can be sure.

You can blame whoever you like - Obama, Trump, the FDA. Up to you. Science doesn't much deal in blame.

But if you want to apply science to the problem, it can determine which compounds in the toothpaste caused the damage you saw.
I'd blame Trump.

You can indeed. Claiming that you can't be sure of anything is bothsiderism, which says that any two opinions (i.e. the Earth is flat vs the Earth is round) are equally valid - because no one can be sure.
Not equally valid. One(science) will have a lot more evidence then the other(religion).

I didn't say you can't be sure of anything... but again with this, you can't.

Given that there are Christian religions that allow female ministers, gay clergy, contraception - I'd say it evolves a lot. Heck, a Pope recently accepted evolution itself.
That's more like a bird evolving different colored feathers. Just window dressing. It also shows that the religion's inviolable laws aren't.

You can't be sure of anything other than you'll die one day. But what if they release a tablet for eternal life?
If there was a pill that would give me life for a year, feeling no worse than I do now, for a reasonable price, I'd buy it.

God wanted us to be eternal beings with no freewill. Did God plan this all along? Is God the bad guy/prankster?

All this speculation forgets one small step in the process.

Before one starts into working out the finer details of god you need to establish that this god is real or are you simply inviting folk to flesh out a fairy tale character....and if you come down on the god is real side perhaps identify if god has made known any of the aspects that are freely discussed as if the teller of the yarn has specific knowledge of this yet to be established god characteristics.

What is the point of speculating as to god being a prankster if you have yet to establish a reasonable case for its reality.

These "is god this or that" threads seems like children spooking themselves with ghost stories...sure we get to talk about ghosts but they are just make believe right.
Alex

Back