Proof of the existence of God

Now let me indulge in a luxury by telling you a story between atheists and a theist, with the theist trying to prove the existence of God and assuming that the atheists must be trying to prove the non-existence of God.

Phase 1

Theist: I am thinking on facts and logic, and using the brain the number one muscle in the body to think on facts and logic, on the idea that everything with a beginning has a cause, but doing so only thinking on facts and logic, and using the brain the number one muscle int he body to think on facts and logic. And I say that everything with a beginning has a cause.

Atheist 1: Ok. Can you prove that everything with a beginning has a cause?

Phase 2

Theist: I am thinking on facts and logic, and I encourage you to do the same, to think on facts and logic and use the brain the number one muscle in the body to think on facts and logic. Thinking on facts and logic and using the brain the number one muscle in the body to think on facts and logic I reach the idea that everything with a beginning has a cause. You are taking the opposite position that not everything with a beginning has a cause.

Atheist 1: No, I am not taking that position. I am merely asking you to support your claim, and to then proceed with your argument.

Phase 3

Theist: I have been thinking on facts and logic and using the brain the number one muscle in the body. From the Bible I saw this proposition, that everything with a beginning has a cause. The people who wrote the Bible must have been thinking only on facts and logic. But as an example I give you a baby that has a beginning and has a cause in its parents. But you are taking the opposite position, that there is something with a beginning that does not have a cause. But you are not thinking on facts and logic and not using your brain the number one muscle in the body.

Atheist 1: I have already told you, I have made no proposition and am merely questioning the soundness of the one you are using. Please support your claim. Using a single example does not prove that it is universally true, nor does it differentiate between "beginning" being a mere rearrangement of that which already exists, and "beginning" of the underlying matter/energy.

Phase 4

Theist: I find that Atheist 1 is not compatible with me so I will have to say good-bye. I ask any other atheists to dialogue with me on the idea that everything with a beginning has a cause but please only think on facts and logic and use the brain the number one muscle in the body to think on facts and logic.

Atheist 1: So you're not going to support your claim? Okay, let's say we accept your claim. Please proceed with your argument.

Phase 5

Theist: I ask atheists to dialogue with me on the idea that everything with a beginning has a cause but please only think on facts and logic and use the brain the number one muscle in the body to think on facts and logic. If I have already dialogued with you and said good-bye to you and you wish to dialogue with me then we must come to some concurrence that we are talking about what goes on within our universe. If I have already dialogued with you and said good-bye to you and you wish to dialogue with me then I will have to tell you no.

Atheist 2: So you want to limit examples to what goes on within our universe and then apply that principle to the creation of the universe itself, while not knowing whether the same principles are capable of being applied? Also, noone is yet claiming the opposite position that not everything with a beginning has a cause. Please just proceed with your argument.

Phase 6

Theist: I am incompatible with Atheist 2, but maybe Atheist 1 and Atheist 2 are compatible among themselves. Now, is anyone else going to dialogue with me on the idea that everything with a beginning has a cause but please only think on facts and logic and use the brain the number one muscle in the body to think on facts and logic.

Atheist 3: Please address the criticisms raised against your position and/or proceed with your argument.

Phase 7

Theist: I am interested in the idea that everything with a beginning has a cause and I only think on facts and logic and use the brain the number one muscle in the body to think on facts and logic. Here is my example that everything with a beginning has a cause namely a baby has a beginning and has a cause in its parents. Now being sure to think on facts and logic and using the brain the number one muscle in the body to think on facts and logic, what is your example that not everything with a beginning has a cause?

Atheist 3: Noone has yet claimed that there is something that has a beginning that does not have a cause within this universe. We have merely examined your proposition and found your method lacking, but would encourage you to actually proceed with your argument. Please.

Phase 8

Theist: I am incompatible with Atheist 3. I am interested in the idea that everything with a beginning has a cause and I only think on facts and logic and use the brain the number one muscle in the body to think on facts and logic. Here is my example that everything with a beginning has a cause namely a baby has a beginning and has a cause in its parents. Now being sure to think on facts and logic and using the brain the number one muscle in the body to think on facts and logic, what is your example that not everything with a beginning has a cause?

Seemingly ad infinitum.
Certainly ad nauseam.

Why do you think the "cause" is the one specific deity from the Christian Bible? Shiva is just as likely.

hmmm well very misleading name... the big BANG suggests the beginning...
The name Big Bang was initially given by a critic of this theory. The name doesn't matter one way or the other.

The physics that have been borne out so far is really that period after inflation. It's mainly about a universe that is moving toward less density.

Phase 1

Theist: I say everything with a beginning has a cause.

Atheist: And I say there is something with a beginning but without a cause.

Phase 2

Theist: I say, here is an example of something with a beginning that has a cause:

The baby has a beginning; it has a cause in its parents.

Atheist: And I say, I cannot give any example of something with a beginning but without a cause.
I gave an example, the universe itself.

Thanks everyone for your posts.

Before anything else, I like to limit our discussion to the immediate environment were we exist and live and do everything we do, like having a baby, eating, getting dinner ready, etc....

See you guys again tomorrow.

Are you Dom Jolly?

domjoly2_468x639.jpg

Okay, let us concentrate in our environment, on this idea, everything with a beginning has a cause; do you accept that to be in our environment binding at all time and in all space, and also outside of our time and space insofar as the outside world or realm relates to our environment, we can also infer on how it relates to our environment in term of causation.
Saint Pacho,

If the Big Bang was the beginning of time and space, there could not have been a cause of it. All causes happen in time and space. I've said this before.

Okay, let us all from myself repeat my idea and from you guys atheists repeat your opposition to my idea.

My idea: Everything with a beginning has a cause.

Your opposite idea: Not everything with a beginning has a cause.

Or you want to rephrase your idea so that you can be more correct with your idea?

Please go ahead.

Just keep in mind that propositions are generally stated in the affirmative, and parties who don't agree to it must phrase their wording in a manner that contradicts the positive phrasing.

See you guys again tomorrow

Your idea: Everything with a begining has a cause.

Okay, but why do you think this cause is the Christian God and not any of the hundreds of other Gods?

It's not enough to try to prove your God did it, you also have to disprove that any of the oher Gods may have done it, too.

Dear readers, my affirmative statement is:
Everything on the planet Zenu is made of gold.

Do you agree? If not, your opposite statement is :
Everything on the planet Zenu is not made of gold.

My proof, Zenu is a golden planet and is therefore made of gold.

What is your proof of your opposite statement, everything on the planet Zenu is not made of gold?

Dear readers I will be back tomorrow to continue this discourse with those not agreeing that Everything on the planet Zenu is made of gold and agreeing instead that everything on the planet Zenu is not made of gold.

For any dear reader who thinks I'm as dumb as a door knob I can assure you dear reader that I'm not as dumb as a door knob but just like to follow the rules of debate and simply have narrow bandwidth for venturing outside those rules of debate.

Dear Daecon, allow me to invite you and me to do dialog on everything with a beginning has a cause.

You are a fresh poster for me here, I am through with the usual atheists because they and I are incompatible: I insist on facts and logic, they are into anything and everything but facts and logic.
You ask why only the Christian God is the cause of the universe?

Any god at all who in concept is the creator and operator of the universe and everything with a beginning is identical to the Christian God, by whatever name their adherents call him."What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other word would smell as sweet."

But what do you say, can you present something with a beginning that has no cause?

Annex

{Quote from Daecon]Your idea: Everything with a begining has a cause.

Okay, but why do you think this cause is the Christian God and not any of the hundreds of other Gods?

It's not enough to try to prove your God did it, you also have to disprove that any of the oher Gods may have done it, too.

Daecon, Yesterday at 9:55 AM Report
{/quote]

It's not enough to try to prove your God did it, you also have to disprove that any of the other Gods may have done it, too.

Daecon, Yesterday at 9:55 AM Report

The christian God meets the scientific arena with the line "Let there Be Light", which can(and i do) be associated with the big bang.

other legends are complicated and nonsense, like gods were pulled out of the head by other gods(Greek), crazy shit like that.

You pretend to insist on "facts and logic" yet you still believe in creationism?

Back