Prisons

So? Because neither killing or jailing will work, you propose we just kill them instead of jail them? Absurd.
I don't care which 'works', I care which is justice.

How is that justice? They just come off easy.

You mean, like in prison with their plasma TV's, three hots and a cot?

We could stop using the anasthesia; then, it'd be a painful death.

I don't care which 'works', I care which is justice.
So you are not at all interested in preventing murders etc ? Just only care about 'justice' ?

You mean, like in prison with their plasma TV's, three hots and a cot?

We could stop using the anasthesia; then, it'd be a painful death.
Or maybe we could make jail a little harder on them instead ?
Where is this bloodthirst coming from ?

So you are not at all interested in preventing murders etc ? Just only care about 'justice' ?
I am, but we're discussing after the fact. Preventing murders is the job of police (which they don't do, but anyway)

Or maybe we could make jail a little harder on them instead ?
Seeing how criminals are pampered these days. Being all modern and decent doesn't mean we have to be soft on criminals.

If you want to get creative, we could use them in gladiator fights; the profits from that could go back to the gov't to spend. See? It's great.

I am, but we're discussing after the fact. Preventing murders is the job of police (which they don't do, but anyway)
You don't think punishments work as a deterrent ?
I'll let you in on a secret: the whole purpose of punishment is to deter.

Seeing how criminals are pampered these days. Being all modern and decent doesn't mean we have to be soft on criminals.

If you want to get creative, we could use them in gladiator fights; the profits from that could go back to the gov't to spend. See? It's great.
You have to have them killed one way or the other, don't you ?

You don't think penalties work as a deterrent ?
I'll let you in on a secret: the whole purpose of the penalty is to deter.
Then great, let's have as harsh penalties as possible.
You have to have them killed one way or the other, don't you ?
I simply want justice to be served. There's no good reason not to have the death penalty; even the Netherlands had it a short while back.

Then great, let's have as harsh penalties as possible.

I simply want justice to be served. There's no good reason not to have the death penalty; even the Netherlands had it a short while back.

i see your point and i understand waht you are saying, but say for example that someone is put to death and then found not guilty, most murders are done in the heat of the moment and the death penalty is not a deterant (see the amount of people in prison for murder in both Uk and USA)

Then we can revise the criteria, so that the death penalty is for multiple murders or murders in cold blood (not crimes of passion)

As for wrongful execution, you could also have wrongful sentencing for life.

Then we can revise the criteria, so that the death penalty is for multiple murders or murders in cold blood (not crimes of passion)

As for wrongful execution, you could also have wrongful sentencing for life.

i totally agree with you, before the death penalty can be bought back in any way they need to revise the critera and also make 100% sure that the people they hang, leathal injection, and electrocute are actually guilty.

And yes you can have wrongful sentencing. Which again should not happen

i totally agree with you, before the death penalty can be bought back in any way they need to revise the critera and also make 100% sure that the people they hang, leathal injection, and electrocute are actually guilty.
Exactly. Although there's no party in Britain that is pro cp is there? Apart from the BNP, and they're not winning any elections any time soon

And yes you can have wrongful sentencing. Which again should not happen

Ideally, but it does; in my opinion we can't halt the entire system because of this issue, even as unfortunate as it is.

The thing I oppose with a revenge is the fact that many jails are run by inmates . So the bad ones dictate the rules for the rest . There are some innocent folks in jails who do NOT deserve such treatments from some nuts to say the least .

Well cp solves that problem.

Repeat offenders IN PRISON should be executed. Why bother with them?

I'm talking about the gang members that cause riots, etc

Exactly. Although there's no party in Britain that is pro cp is there? Apart from the BNP, and they're not winning any elections any time soon

Ideally, but it does; in my opinion we can't halt the entire system because of this issue, even as unfortunate as it is.

no they're not i agree, (and i am not sure i want them to either)

and no i agree you cannot and shouldnt halt the entire justice system

The thing I oppose with a revenge is the fact that many jails are run by inmates . So the bad ones dictate the rules for the rest . There are some innocent folks in jails who do NOT deserve such treatments from some nuts to say the least .

then perhaps the problem lies with the prison goveners

no they're not i agree, (and i am not sure i want them to either)
I'd vote for 'em
If I were British

Here in Texas, though, we have the death penalty, and the support for it is overwhelming.

and no i agree you cannot and shouldnt halt the entire justice system

Exactly, so there is not a single good argument against cp.

"Humanism"? You don't show humanity to criminals.

I'd vote for 'em
If I were British

Here in Texas, though, we have the death penalty, and the support for it is overwhelming.

no i agree you shouldnt show humanity to criminals in any shape or form. prison i think needs to be harder,

I'd vote for 'em
If I were British

i had this conversation with my son this morning, due to things happening in this country i think BNP will have more seats in parliment in the near future

no i agree you shouldnt show humanity to criminals in any shape or form. prison i think needs to be harder,

It does, except in many places these murderers and child rapists get TV's, time outside, three hots and a cot, etc

Arguably, they live better than the poor among normal society. That is absurd.

Yes and I want to see an overall review of every jail to make sure that the human dignity is still there for those with minor crimes .

did the people who rape children, mug old people. murder women and beat people up show compassion? if they did i would love to see how

i had this conversation with my son this morning, due to things happening in this country i think BNP will have more seats in parliment in the near future

BNP have the best interests of Britain at heart. They might be intolerant to an extent, but it's your country first and foremost, is it not?

Back