Prisons

And I don't think records show that the threat of capital punishment helps to find crime in any significant way.

not since they stopped public hangings

lol :p
I doubt it helped even then.

Edit: :eek: That should have been "fight crime", not "find crime"..

it would be interesting to see if they brought it back what it would do to crime stats

I'm thinking pay per view

it would be interesting to see if they brought it back what it would do to crime stats

I'm thinking pay per view

While it would be 'interesting', I don't think it would be interesting in a good way ;)

Anyhow, so you agree that capital punishment in the US nowadays is ineffective ?

Edit: Sorry, I used the wrong word; "obsolete" :eek:

The cost involved is the problem.

there has been some blatant abuse by individuals against other individuals

there has to be a example.... lethal injection is too soft

The cost involved is the problem.

there has been some blatant abuse by individuals against other individuals

there has to be a example.... lethal injection is too soft

Huh, the cost is too high ? Not compared to a life time of imprisonment.
The problem with setting examples in this regard is that they set examples.

While his wife, Mary, was testifying that she wished to waive a conflict of interest involving her attorney, Baumruk stood and shot her in the neck. He then shot Pollard in the chest and his own attorney, Garry Seltzer, in the chest and back. He then put a gun near his wife's head and shot her again, killing her. He next shot at the judge, who fled through the door behind the bench. By the time Baumruk was subdued, he had shot nine people

7 aug MO Kenneth Baumru...next up in the US

While his wife, Mary, was testifying that she wished to waive a conflict of interest involving her attorney, Baumruk stood and shot her in the neck. He then shot Pollard in the chest and his own attorney, Garry Seltzer, in the chest and back. He then put a gun near his wife's head and shot her again, killing her. He next shot at the judge, who fled through the door behind the bench. By the time Baumruk was subdued, he had shot nine people

7 aug MO Kenneth Baumru...next up in the US

What is your point ?
I think this makes my point from my previous post.

no the initial court costs in seeking the death penalty

no the initial court costs in seeking the death penalty

I apologize, I misread this post of you.

Do you mean that, for seeking the death penalty, a separate cost calculated ?

Pie, could you please quote what you are replying to, to prevent things from becoming confusing ?

You obviously are unaware of the many arguments against the death penalty. I suggest you do a little research.
The only one with merit is the one about the possibility of a wrongful execution. While this is unfortunate, it is not a problem with cp in and of itself, but rather of the entire justice system and the way we convict.

Because those people choose to live in society and therefore agree to the social contract.
First, I don't like the idea of the 'social contract'

But playing along, then the people can agree that if they break the law, they pay the price. Which is the death penalty. All part of that grand ol' contract.

Why show mercy to criminals?

n't saying that about Hitler a couple of days ago, and he was one of those ultimately responsible for the deaths of over 6 million civilisans, let alone all the soldiers killed in WWII.
Hitler was not a murderer.

And I don't think records show that the threat of capital punishment helps to fight crime in any significant way.
Neither do prisons. Besides, it being a deterrent is only a secondary help; primarily, it's about justice.

Back