Political Cartoons Vol. 2

///
Ridiculous but no more so than in the US, whatever the reason.
The Empire State Building was completed in 1931 while bridges & highways were designed to last 50 years, most of which are over 50 years old & not well maintained. Most streets were built & are maintained even worse.

<>
maintenance ain't sexy
building a new bridge seems better and is sexy = foto-op = votes

Plus you get to use modern techniques and materials from the ground up. The Brooklyn Bridge is 135 years old, and must feel it.
///
Ironic that the Brooklyn Bridge comes up in discussion of failing infrastructure. It is an exception to what I said. It was much better designed & constructed & recently was renovated.
I am not an expert but I have the impression much in the NYC area is better designed & constructed than in most other areas.

<>

///
Ironic that the Brooklyn Bridge comes up in discussion of failing infrastructure. It is an exception to what I said. It was much better designed & constructed & recently was renovated.
I am not an expert but I have the impression much in the NYC area is better designed & constructed than in most other areas.

<>
///
I did mention the US at the start of this but I do not want anyone to misunderstand. I know very much less about this situation in other countries. I do suspect it is a human problem rather than a US problem. Might be interesting to hear from other countries about this. If this goes on tho, I will start a thread for it.

<>

Back