parapsychological Ignorance

Tnerb

Banned
Banned
Yes that's right!

All you nobody's saying parapsychology is trash, think again:

You are ignorant to the parapsychology's claims of telepathy. You are ignorant to that which holds great effect to the minds of others. You are ignorant of the arts of tai chi and yin and yang. You are ignorant to what the mind is capable of.

And I post this stating that parapsychology is a valid field, and would like to have commentary on this as similar to another thread I started about (would you believe it? The defense of God) [not like I am a little more atheistic than theistic, but I am a little mild on both].

So, take it away.
Let's hear some of the commentary.

You're right.

It's especially true that ignorance is bliss.
More than anything though a discussion from the so called skeptics would fit better.

It makes way more sense to poke fun at the paranormal than endorse it, if only to encourage the believers to prove it or at least have a few laughs. Prove it to me and I will instantly stop being a skeptic .

It makes way more sense to poke fun at the paranormal than endorse it, if only to encourage the believers to prove it or at least have a few laughs. Prove it to me and I will instantly stop being a skeptic .

If the paranormal could be proven, it would be normal.

Is it normal to believe in the paranormal? I would think so, given the human propensity for imagining.

that is your point of view and as far as you can conclude that would only be true for you as it is your point of view. Paranormal believes are normal unless you have credibility behind these believes or blindly have faith in them. So which of the two is it? And do people in these categories follow different path of paranormal believes?

Yes that's right!

All you nobody's saying parapsychology is trash, think again:

You are ignorant to the parapsychology's claims of telepathy. You are ignorant to that which holds great effect to the minds of others. You are ignorant of the arts of tai chi and yin and yang. You are ignorant to what the mind is capable of.

And I post this stating that parapsychology is a valid field, and would like to have commentary on this as similar to another thread I started about (would you believe it? The defense of God) [not like I am a little more atheistic than theistic, but I am a little mild on both].

So, take it away.
Let's hear some of the commentary.

Hey, I agree with you. But I think you need to start with substance. this is simply a throwing down of the gauntlet. For example: why do you believe?

If it can happen then it isn't paranormal?

You've got it. What we call a paranormal event may be real or imaginary. If it is real ( objectively demonstrable ), the wisest course is to say that we cannot yet explain it. History shows how things once regarded as paranormal were later explained as perfectly normal.

I believe it is abnormal to believe in the paranormal.

It's easy to get fooled and I wouldn't call that abnormal.

What I can't understand is why people believe it possible to transcend reality. Why do they think there's more?

Not all things in this universe are explainable. Working in medicine I have certainly realized that. Of course I take many "paranormal" things with a grain of salt, but I don't know how human intuition works yet I certainly do believe in its existence and there is also that creepy lady who lives across the hall from me. She doesn't claim to be psychic or anything, but her predictions really freak me out. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Back