Our attitude concerning mockery of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon

One thing i never understood about religions is this: Why would an entity so sophisticated and possessing the capacity to create life need to be or even desire to be worshipped.

If you think about it would a being with this intellect want this and many other things associated with it?

I mean i can appreciate the cultural aspects but...

SAM said:
I think you have a habit of deciding what the answer is and then looking for confirmation.
That's a mirror, not a window.

john said:
If you think about it would a being with this intellect want this and many other things associated with it?
The catechism class answer is that the acceptance of worship is for your good - it's not something the God needs, but something the God knows you need.

More meaningless constructs.
3000 years ago.

Caveman Michael: I do not think the world is flat.
Cavewoman SAM: I think the world is flat.

Caveman Michael: Do you agree that the possibility exists that the world is triangle, square, octagon or round?
Cavewoman SAM: More meaningless constructs, I believe the world is flat.

Space-time Qur'anic entanglements prevented thought mechanics from sufficiently converging on an idea, I must now go make my fifth prayer today in the direction of Ron Hubbard's hometown to the alien overlord Xenu....the world is flat, the world is flat, the....

Like I said, you can't even tell the difference between no and I don't know. I had an epiphany about this in a thread last week, and I realised why so many discussions with atheists are so puzzling.

I took some time constructing the sentence. Do you think that the possibility exists that there is no God.

I didn't ask if you believe the world is round. I didn't ask if you know if the world is round. I just asked if the possibility exists that the world is round. It's a question of your opinion on the existence of possibilities.

Caveman Michael: The world is flat
Caveman Sam: I don't know. Its possible the world is flat, but its possible that this is all we can perceive

3000 years later

Michael: See, I told you the world is not flat
Sam: huh?

SAM said:
You're not as rigid, though you suffer from the same limitations in constructs where atheism is concerned.
I could better respect your notions of the limitations of my "constructs", if you first demonstrated basic comprehension of them. What you have produced so far is a muddle of ad hoc justifications for the judgments of an ill-informed intuition, in any matter involving atheism especially. The worldviews involved seem truly alien to you, as they do to Diamondheart and the other Islamic posters here.

That one question remains, of mine: does levity with regard to certain invocations of the Quran - the numerology and code stuff, the discovery of prophecies and foreshadowings of science in it, etc, - count as mockery of the Prophet ?

Caveman Sam: I don't know. Its possible the world is flat, but its possible that this is all we can perceive

3000 years later

Haaaa LOL
:roflmao:

That was good :)

OK, time for lunch (I'm in CA now).
Michael

I could better respect your notions of the limitations of my "constructs", if you first demonstrated basic comprehension of them.

Thats funny. A basic comprehension of undefined terms. :p

That one question remains, of mine: does levity with regard to certain invocations of the Quran - the numerology and code stuff, the discovery of prophecies and foreshadowings of science in it, etc, - count as mockery of the Prophet ?

Depends on the context. There are many funny stories about religion and the Prophet, but one does not laugh equally at FEMA and the victims of Katrina.

Last edited:

3000 years later

This was a good one :)

Anyway, I think we did come to an agreement because even here you say:

That's all I was getting at anyway SAM. See, was that soooo hard. Did it hurt all that much? Was it really all that painful.

“Yes, an atheist's strength flows from the rational. But beware of the theist side. Anger, fear, aggression; the theist side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the theist path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Mobi-Wan's apprentice.”

:D

What is the meaning of stating that Arsalan hasn't gotten to the stage of being like SAM?

Why is it difficult for people like you to understand that not all Muslims think alike and that we are all different?

Arsalan is Arsalan, and SAM is SAM.

Funny how even enlightenment can be described as oppression by people with the right blinders.

Independent research can usually provide an answer to most questions. We are not here to answer all questions, its not our job. Do some research first.

SAM said:
I could better respect your notions of the limitations of my "constructs", if you first demonstrated basic comprehension of them.

Thats funny. A basic comprehension of undefined terms.
Or the arguments that establish their meanings.

But if by "constructs" you were referring to terms, then once again I have failed to make myself clear - we all have our challenges. It would be easier if the student would approach the matter in good faith.

Back