One for the theists..

Would you still worship god if there was no hell?

• Total voters
Isn't it more of a reason to worship?

Would you stop loving your parents and respecting their morals and values if they didn't punish you?
Would you stop yearning for education and listening to your teacher if there was no more time out corner?
So...would you really stop worshipping God if there was no hell?

1. These situations do not equate. Parents and teachers are physical beings, who provide actual benefits.

2. People do not worship parents and teachers. As you said, they respect and learn from these authority figures.

3. The existence of any god does not automatically mean that any such entity is deserving or even desirous of worship from us.

4. The removal of a cosmic blackmail device is a reason for any such entity to follow up with an apology! It is not a reason for anyone to begin worshipping at all.

You Christians (and that is EXACTLY what you are so don't bother denying it) are so unoriginal in your arguments that I would have to argue with myself to get the equation to produce an original and enlightening result. :)

Either that or you have to make stuff up to fit your conclusion. :D

Incidently, to my knowledge christianity (essentially) means to try and follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ, and to my understanding he was a good and intelligent human being, hence his position. The only reason why people back in his day denied him was to avoid the fate of being murdered mercilessly.

Why do you think anyone would want to "deny" being a follower?

Jan.

Either that or you have to make stuff up to fit your conclusion. :D

Incidently, to my knowledge christianity (essentially) means to try and follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ, and to my understanding he was a good and intelligent human being, hence his position. The only reason why people back in his day denied him was to avoid the fate of being murdered mercilessly.

Why do you think anyone would want to "deny" being a follower?

Jan.

I'm glad for once you didn't "deny" my claim! :D
Obviously you still refuse to fully acknowledge it however, thus showing your fear of us, or your shame in Jesus. If it's shame I don't blame you!

I'm glad for once you didn't "deny" my claim! :D
Obviously you still refuse to fully acknowledge it however, thus showing your fear of us, or your shame in Jesus. If it's shame I don't blame you!

Obviously it makes no difference what I say, but you still haven't answered my question. "Why do you think anyone would want to "deny" being a follower of Jesus?"
It is a fair request.

Jan.

Obviously it makes no difference what I say, but you still haven't answered my question. "Why do you think anyone would want to "deny" being a follower of Jesus?"
It is a fair request.

Jan.

To deny being foolish is understandable. Unfortunately it is not a path to enlightenment.

Back