On the Radar: The rise of atheism

The absence of religion does not appear to have conferred on you the capacity to distinguish fact from fiction.

You must be American. 9/11 was carried out by clubbing playboys. Nothing to do with religion. Also nothing to do with Iraq, Saddam, WMDs, Iran, Afghanistan or Taliban. Any association with al Qaeda is due to obvious fake videos where "Osama" takes credit for it.

You guys moan about rationality yet swallow the bull.:rolleyes:

Are you saying Al Qaeda isn't behind 9/11 ? Who is, in your opinion ?

How can her claim that Atheism is on the rise and becoming more popular be taken seriously at all, if she doesn't quote a single source of polling, statistics or anything else that is quantifiable?
Does she just "have a feeling" it's on the rise?

There's a great one the rational atheists should be proud is on their team.
Of course, no atheists even batted an eye at this, nor lodged a single complaint about her lack of sources, mockery of statistcs, unverifiable claims and apparent supernatural ability to sense that atheism is on the rise.

How many atheists here have complained about religious people who are apologists that ignore anything that contradicts them and bandies anything that supports them? Raise your hands.
I bet those people with their hands up have also claimed Atheism isn't a religion, doesn't require faith or belief and is based on reason and empirical observance, haven't you.

How can her claim that Atheism is on the rise and becoming more popular be taken seriously at all, if she doesn't quote a single source of polling, statistics or anything else that is quantifiable?
Does she just "have a feeling" it's on the rise?

There's a great one the rational atheists should be proud is on their team.
Of course, no atheists even batted an eye at this, nor lodged a single complaint about her lack of sources, mockery of statistcs, unverifiable claims and apparent supernatural ability to sense that atheism is on the rise.

How many atheists here have complained about religious people who are apologists that ignore anything that contradicts them and bandies anything that supports them? Raise your hands.
I bet those people with their hands up have also claimed Atheism isn't a religion, doesn't require faith or belief and is based on reason and empirical observance, haven't you.

So you think atheism does require faith or belief ?

You must be American. 9/11 was carried out by clubbing playboys. Nothing to do with religion. Also nothing to do with Iraq, Saddam, WMDs, Iran, Afghanistan or Taliban. Any association with al Qaeda is due to obvious fake videos where "Osama" takes credit for it.

Yes, and Muslims will continue to fabricate notions from their one bedroom, cat-infested apartments.

You guys moan about rationality yet swallow the bull.

We certainly don't swallow your bull.

You guys moan about rationality yet swallow the bull.:rolleyes:

???

So clubbing playboys hijacked a few planes, committed suicide and killed thousands, blew up three iconic buildings, AND had the foresight to fake Osama videos and have them distributed at various times...for what? Jollies?

Clearly you have experienced different sorts of parties than I have SAM.

???

So clubbing playboys hijacked a few planes, committed suicide and killed thousands, blew up three iconic buildings, AND had the foresight to fake Osama videos and have them distributed at various times...for what? Jollies?

Clearly you have experienced different sorts of parties than I have SAM.

Who said they faked the videos? The videos are obviously fake btw, all you need to is look at them.

And I doubt Osama's Islamic fundamentalism stretches to drinking, dating and hanging out in bars.:rolleyes:

Why not show me ONE video where he says he did it?

http://www.rediff.com/us/2001/sep/12ny15.htm

Yes, and Muslims will continue to fabricate notions from their one bedroom, cat-infested apartments.

Didn't say Muslims did not do it, did I?

But of course you missed Reading Comprehension 101.:rolleyes:
We certainly don't swallow your bull.

What, its permanently stuck in your throat now?

Didn't say Muslims did not do it, did I?

But of course you missed Reading Comprehension 101.:rolleyes:

Sorry, I was just trying to follow your dishonest posts, you know, the ones where you keep moving the goalposts.

What, its permanently stuck in your throat now?

Your contradictions, intellectual dishonesty and propaganda.

Do you feel all atheists are equally evil and dishonest and whatnot ? Is it truly theist vs. atheist ?

Spurious is an exception; he is exceptionally honest about his opinions and about science.

Most of the others want to "prove" to us theists our limitations in thinking, when the big joke is they argue from a position of ignorance, not only of our beliefs, but of the prevailing socio-political situations of different societies

Some atheists come here to post exclusively on their poor opinion of theists and then decry that this is not considered a science board.:rolleyes:

Personally I don't care what other people believe in, but I see no reason to take any BS from anyone.

Spurious is an exception; he is exceptionally honest about his opinions and about science.

Most of the others want to "prove" to us theists our limitations in thinking, when the big joke is they argue from a position of ignorance, not only of our beliefs, but of the prevailing socio-political situations of different societies

Some atheists come here to post exclusively on their poor opinion of theists and then decry that this is not considered a science board.:rolleyes:

Personally I don't care what other people believe in, but I see no reason to take any BS from anyone.

I agree a number of people do just that, but that don't mean you have to generalize. You do not say this and that person always do this or that, you choose to include all other atheists.

I agree a number of people do just that, but that don't mean you have to generalize. You do not say this and that person always do this or that, you choose to include all other atheists.

I simply follow suit. Do you hold the atheists here accountable for their generalisations or just me?:p

Who said they faked the videos? The videos are obviously fake btw, all you need to is look at them.

Low quality videos do not necessarily mean "fake"...there are bandwidth concerns when you can't connect your laptop to your DSL@home when your @home is being razed by angered Americans...

And I doubt Osama's Islamic fundamentalism stretches to drinking, dating and hanging out in bars.:rolleyes:

Fundamentalists often target persons that drink and hang out in bars...to appear like a "regular Joe" and to prey on the fact that alcohol is perceived to be a false escape...especially if they happen to catch the attention of a depressed individual. Easy marks.

What does this have to do with anything anyway?

Why not show me ONE video where he says he did it?

http://www.rediff.com/us/2001/sep/12ny15.htm

1. Osama did not actually fly the planes himself, therefore there will exist no video in which he says he did it.
2. Would you, SAM, after having committed a crime of that magnitude, record court-permissable visual evidence of your guilt?
3. Openly applauding the terrorists and inciting more action as they have allows for Osama/Al Queda to be wanted as accessories to the crime. Of course this assumes that you are anywhere near accurate in your opinion that Al Queda didn't commit the actual crime.
4. Osama and allies are STILL clearly motivated to violence by religion as quoted in the same link you provided. Even if Osama had no link as you say, the article contains such quotes as:

He said he was on a "holy mission" and would soon complete it. He said his mission was to liberate Palestine from Jews. "I promise to fulfil my mission with the help of my followers."

Bin Laden also claimed that thousands of Muslim youths were committed to stand by him. "They are even ready for suicidal missions..."

He said the jihad against anti-Islamic forces would continue "until atrocities against Muslims stopped..."

Back