On God & Coffee

(Q) said:
Why? So I can appease your flippin' ego.

No, you need professional help, that is a fact.

Awwww, Q. I'm so touched by your compassion and concern for me and my welfare, and of those around me. I can tell that you're so very sincere...thanks so much.

*barf*

azizbey said:
let me CLOSE this argument once and for all...
God's knowing about your future actions doesnt mean that you are manipulated or you are not responsible just because He knew beforehand
lets tape today's baseball game and watch it tomorrow. you definitely know whats gonna happen in the 9th inning and the final score. does it mean that you affected the result just because you KNEW?
since time and space, before/after dependency do not apply to God, he knows everything before you do with your own free will.
otherwise it would be ridiculous for the western religions to say God knows everything and offer hell and heaven for the things we have done.
While this works regarding omniscience it simultaneously defeats omnipotence.

To use your analogy, you know what happened in the 9th inning because it cannot be changed, if it could be changed you could not know.

God is therefore rendered as impotent as you are at altering the outcome of the game.

~Raithere

Raithere said:
While this works regarding omniscience it simultaneously defeats omnipotence.

To use your analogy, you know what happened in the 9th inning because it cannot be changed, if it could be changed you could not know.

God is therefore rendered as impotent as you are at altering the outcome of the game.

~Raithere
you cant change what has already happened. this is a myth of space time traveleres. if time travel is travel is gonna happen, where are the people from future?
anyway, God is above space time which he created, thats all

Back