Off-topic posts from the "Evidence that God is real" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the problem is the exclusive scriptural obedience demanded by religions. "Thou shalt have no false gods before thee", which really means that, in the absence of definition, every claimed God is false. Hence the fighting....:(
If you claimed that, god = a mathematical imperative, you'd be ridiculed by other theists, but you and I would actually be in agreement. We would just be using a different word (with a compatible definition) for the extant mathematical universal functions and patterns.

No, the problem is the exclusive scriptural obedience demanded by religions. "Thou shalt have no false gods before thee", which really means that, in the absence of definition, every claimed God is false. Hence the fighting....:(
Well, we were talking about something completely different:

Write4U said:
Not at all. If anything it proves that God does not exists or if he does, doesn't care about my postings

..... in regards to God not existing because here you are, standing disobedient before Him, bereft of any lightning strike stains on your underwear.

You were proposing a certain paradigm of obedience (reciprocated with the consequences afforded by the omnimax) as a prerequisite for credible existence.

Was this change in subject a perceptible decision of yours somewhere?

///
Where does it say FALSE gods???

<>
LOL, you do realize it makes no difference in context of my post. Having "No other gods before thee", without definition is no different than having "No false gods (idols) before thee".
Every "Other" god is a false god. And no one knows who's god is the "True god" except as written in scripture and misunderstood by most.

LOL, you do realize it makes no difference in context of my post. Having "No other gods before thee", without definition is no different than having "No false gods before thee".
Every "Other" god is a false god. And no one knows who's god is the "True god" except as written in scripture and misunderstood by most.
///
I read "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" as saying there are many gods & I am the 1 you shall put 1st. You shall worship me more, better & prior to other gods.

<>

Yes, I had made my point and it was time to move on. Do try and keep up. I realize it is difficult in the face of posts by several other skeptics.
Feel free to reference the point where you resolved the issues surrounding it.

You were proposing a certain paradigm of obedience (reciprocated with the consequences afforded by the omnimax) as a prerequisite for credible existence.
Obedience to "Natural Law" is different than obedience to the "Laws of scriptural Gods and Religions".

Then, all things being equal, the legacy of redbull guzzling atheist slobs penning material for hate sites is all in the making.
No, the redbull guzzling theist slobs penning material for hate sites has already been published, it's called OT.
Atheists don't hate theists. Theists hate atheists (apostates). As is abundantly clear on this Forum.

No, the redbull guzzling theist slobs penning material for hate sites has already been published, it's called OT.
Alas, redbull consumption alone, does not a legacy make.

Atheists don't hate theists. Theists hate atheists (apostates). As is abundantly clear on this Forum.
/chortle

I've been known to espouse the very same wish. It would be like moving back into my parents' home. No personal responsibility. Always someone else in authority.
You could always try moving to some place like the congo if you are after the genuine "zero authority" experience.

Obedience, in case you have lost sleep over it...o_O
Did I miss the part where you took the notion of obedience outside of dumbed down definitions? (Or is that another victory we are obliged to notch up to your private realm?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back