Note for Christians

TruthSeeker

Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey
Valued Senior Member
NOTE FOR ALL CHRISTIANS:

John 13:35

"35 By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

1 Corinthians 13:4-10

"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. "

Edit to add:

Matthew 5:43-48

"43 You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'
44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
48 Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. "

Note: Eventhough I'm not discussing the subject anymore I won't let my fellow Christians alone. Pray for me brothers, I'm in a very hard situation, eventhough nothing is hard for God. I need a lot of patience and strenght to survive it... :(

Romans 12:17
"17 Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. "

Proverbs 24:29
"29 Do not say, "Thus I shall do to him as he has done to me;
I will render to the man according to his work."

1 Peter 3:8-12
"8 To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit;
9 not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing.
10 For,
" THE ONE WHO DESIRES LIFE, TO LOVE AND SEE GOOD DAYS,
MUST KEEP HIS TONGUE FROM EVIL AND HIS LIPS FROM SPEAKING DECEIT.
"HE MUST TURN AWAY FROM EVIL AND DO GOOD;
HE MUST SEEK PEACE AND PURSUE IT.
" FOR THE EYES OF THE LORD ARE TOWARD THE RIGHTEOUS,
AND HIS EARS ATTEND TO THEIR PRAYER,
BUT THE FACE OF THE LORD IS AGAINST THOSE WHO DO EVIL."

1 Thessalonians 5:15
"15 See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people."

1 Corinthians 13:4
"4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, "

Proverbs 12:6
"6 The words of the wicked lie in wait for blood,
But the mouth of the upright will deliver them. "

Proverbs 12:14
"14 A man will be satisfied with good by the fruit of his words,
And the deeds of a man's hands will return to him. "

I]Proverbs 16:24[/I]
"24 Pleasant words are a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

Proverbs 18:20
"20 With the fruit of a man's mouth his stomach will be satisfied;
He will be satisfied with the product of his lips. "

Proverbs 14:3
"3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod for his back,
But the lips of the wise will protect them. "

Be carefull with your words, they are very powerfull...

1 John 4:12
"12 No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us. "

Mark 9:37
"37 Whoever receives one child like this in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me does not receive Me, but Him who sent Me."

1 John 3:11
"11 For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another;

A couple words of encouragement

Acts 27:25
So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me.

1 Corinthians 16:13-14
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

:)

Jars of clay

2 Corinthians 4

1Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. 2Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. 3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. 6For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. 12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
13It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, 14because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. 15All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.
16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Last edited:
"Pray for me brothers, I'm in a very hard situation, eventhough nothing is hard for God. I need a lot of patience and strenght to survive it..."
----------------------------------------------

Consider it done.

Romans 5:3-5

'..........but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.'

><>

Sorry for my butting in but it might be fitting for me to add a little note for non Christians.

Some antiChristians (as opposed to intelligent atheists who only want decent discussion of ideas) might be prompted to post snide comments, and this seems to be a surprisingly spreading thing, almost a fad. I just thought that I'd remind you, drawing on your days as a preschooler, that such remarks will only turn people against you. Regardless of your intent, snide comments will only trigger the natural human response, which will only reinforce any negative conceptions of you the intended target may have had.

Believe me, that kind of behavior only increases hate and gives the rest of your group a bad name. I am disappointed that this should happen in sciforums.

Of course, you might be prompted to insult ME for saying this, but...hmm do I care?

-central philosophy of Zero, Sage of Chaos

good grief..but, i hope HE remembers that we are only human, afterall...NOT perfect.

Psalm 82:6 "I said, 'You are "gods";
you are all sons of the Most High.'
7 But you will die like mere men;
you will fall like every other ruler."

John 10:34Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? 35If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came--and the Scripture cannot be broken-- 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world?

Matthew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 19:21
Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

James 3:2
We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Hebrews 10:1
The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming–not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

Hebrews 10:14
... by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Last edited:
Judgement and unkind words only create judgement and unkind words.

Do not judge and show Love to people by your kind words

Matthew 7:1-2
"1 Do not judge so that you will not be judged.
2 "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Luke 6:37
"37 Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned. "

Proverbs 10:19
"19 When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable, But he who restrains his lips is wise. "

Proverbs 12:6
"6 The words of the wicked lie in wait for blood, But the mouth of the upright will deliver them. "

Proverbs 12:14
"14 A man will be satisfied with good by the fruit of his words, And the deeds of a man's hands will return to him."

Proverbs 12:25
"25 Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, But a good word makes it glad. "

NOTE: If you see whatsupyall saying unkind words to people again, please warn him about what I wrote here. Thanks. :)

Dear Christian friends,

I really need your prayers now. After many misunderstandings between me and a friend there is a threatening that my mission might not be fulfilled by reasons above me. I never talked about my mission before, and I believe it's time to ask for your help. Please hold me kindly in your prayers, always asking God to give me wisdom and to speak through me. If the matters I'm in now become worse I will never be able to preach the Gospel to other people in other countries. Please, ask God for the Truth.

If there are intercessors here, please ask Him soon about what's going on and tell me as soon as possible.

If anyone wants to know more about it we can exchange PMs.

May the Love of God and the fellowship of the Spirit allways be with you.

Whatsupyall,

2 Timothy 2:24-26
"24 The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged,
25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will. "

TruthSeeker,

I can't look up any bible quotes for you because its packed up in a box (Im moving). I will recite the lords prayer for you.

True Love is Intentional Self-less Love

What is more important? An action or the intention behind it?

Matthew 25:34-46
"34 Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;
36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'
37 Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?
38 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?
39 'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
40 The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'
41 Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink;
43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.'
44 Then they themselves also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?'
45 Then He will answer them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

...also see...

Matthew 7:21-23
"21 Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
22 Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.' "

That's a really good scripture that never departs from me. :)
What it is actually saying is that if you do good for your own sake you won't be doing it in your heart, with true intent (will is another good word here), and for this reason, God will not dwell in this person and this person won't be recognized by Him. :)

This also means that what is important is not the action but with what intent you do the action. That's why Love is so important. If you do good for someone because you Love this person, you are doing it with good intention. If you do it just because you want others to think you are good, or for God to "accept" you in heaven, then your "love" is selfish, it's not the True Love of God.

Fellow brothers, :)

I will probably be posting my church's Sunday's message in a new thread soon. I'm hoping to get a permission to post it here, in the forums. When I get it, I'll write a note here with the link.

May the Love of God allways be in your hearts. :)

Truthseeker

Stop reading the bible. If you must retain religion, maintain the idea that god is love and people should be groovy to each other, and use that as the whole of your religion. It's not a bad belief. Reading bibles and such can only drag you away from those basic good ideas and fill your head with nonsense.

Back