Noah's Ark

mashallah
Thankyou

I have not read it lol but nice Thread Title it's catchy, I would like to clear up one thing in this postthat caught my eye,

Kaffir, to call a random persona kaffir is wrong, you cannot do this as you know not what they think inside, But when one has admitted he is a kaffir to you then you can call them kaffir to warn other Clean people they are Najis (Unclean).

Kaffir is not a derogatory term, it simply means "diss-believers" which is a statementof belief like calling somebody a Atheist, Kaffir means Atheist there is no difference in clean-ness.

There are technical debates on this term regarding transgressing and rule breaking, people who eat pork might not be kaffirs, even though they are unclean they are not to be calle dkaffir if they belive in the one true god. As a muslim you are not allowed to call jes and christians kaffir, but Idol worshippers who don't believe in the one true god are kaffir.

Peace.

Hey Chi missed you buddy. You know you are one of my favorites. I forget what this thread was about? Something tell Me you might be off topic.
Noah's Ark maybe . I had an uncle Noah . He is Not with us any more.

I have not read it lol but nice Thread Title it's catchy
read it please

Kaffir is not a derogatory term, it simply means "diss-believers" which is a statementof belief like calling somebody a Atheist, Kaffir means Atheist there is no difference in clean-ness.
so start a thread to discuss the meaning of that word..
as it stands now the majority of opinion is that it is an insult, to use that word in an environment where it is considered an insult is rude.it would be like any of us showing up at your church (the word church loosely used) wearing a cross.

You present a good opportunity so I will contribute.

mashallah

Kaffir, to call a random persona kaffir is wrong, you cannot do this as you know not what they think inside, But when one has admitted he is a kaffir to you then you can call them kaffir to warn other Clean people they are Najis (Unclean).

I agree with this.

There are technical debates on this term regarding transgressing and rule breaking, people who eat pork might not be kaffirs, even though they are unclean they are not to be calle dkaffir if they belive in the one true god. As a muslim you are not allowed to call jes and christians kaffir, but Idol worshippers who don't believe in the one true god are kaffir.

Peace.

About Christians they associate partners to true God and about Jews well I heard there's anthropomorphism in their scripture.

read it please

so start a thread to discuss the meaning of that word..
as it stands now the majority of opinion is that it is an insult, to use that word in an environment where it is considered an insult is rude.it would be like any of us showing up at your church (the word church loosely used) wearing a cross.

Wearing a cross is not good. I shall read it.

Salam

You present a good opportunity so I will contribute.

I agree with this.

About Christians they associate partners to true God and about Jews well I heard there's anthropomorphism in their scripture.

As alam Alaikum Akhi, Shokran Mashallah ^^

Are you refering to the Torah "we created them in our image?" Or some other form because I am wellversed in the Torah scriptures and Dead Sea Scrolls. We know now from the Qur'an that allother scriptureis to be read for wisdomand philosophicalreasoning and history of the tribes etc. But to not take it as "Gospel" So The Old Canons are tainted in many way's but they still tellof the true god and his ways from his messengers een if it has been altered.

Salam

chi said:
But when one has admitted he is a kaffir to you then you can call them kaffir to warn other Clean people they are Najis (Unclean).

Kaffir is not a derogatory term - -
This would be funny if it were deliberately comic, like in the Onion.

Do all Muslims have special words they use to warn each other when they are in the presence of the Unclean, or is it just the nice, polite ones on this forum?

Chiller said:
All the Abrahamic religions have anthropomorphism in their scriptures. The God of Abraham comes with that territory.

For one, there are roughly 20,000 species of fish, 6,000 species of reptiles, 9,000 birds, 1,000 amphibians, and 15,000 species of mammals. That would take one hell of an ark to house all of those animals, plus the sheer resources required to feed them. There would also be the issue of cramped spaces and the animals fighting and killing each other, which would be unavoidable, therefor making some species extinct, since there was only one male and one female of each species. Then the issue of plant life being completely destroyed, thereby no food for the plant eating species. If the entire planet had been flooded, would there not be fossilized remains of sea life scattered across the continents? Next, with all life being destroyed, including flooded plant life, how was the earth's atmosphere oxygenated? Finally, where did all of that water go?

another question is who mated with Noah? if his family was the only people who survived i guess we'r all decesdants of one sick incestous family? doesn't the bible prohibit this kind of thing?

continuity error?

another question is who mated with Noah? if his family was the only people who survived i guess we'r all decesdants of one sick incestous family? doesn't the bible prohibit this kind of thing?

continuity error?

no, incest in teh Bible is ok (Adam/Eve, Lot/his daughters, Noah/his intermingled family)

Its not ok, but its not condemnable. Adams sons probably laid with neanderthals.

and where in teh bible does it say neandertals were created? Or are they the ones that were created in god's image?
And if something isn't condemned, doesn't that make it ok?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest_in_the_Bible

"Incest in the Bible does not entirely overlap with the definition of incest in many modern nations. A few books of the Bible, particularly the early parts of the Torah, contain narratives in which certain individuals, from the same family as one another, engage in sexual intercourse together; while this could be construed as incest, endogamy is an alternative interpretation. The Bible does not, for example, forbid cousins from marrying, but it does prohibit sexual relations with several other close relatives."

so we are prohibited from having incestuous relationships but it was OK for our "ancestors" to do so? doesn't make a lot of sense to me :shrug:

and where in teh bible does it say neandertals were created? Or are they the ones that were created in god's image?

In the story of Cain and Abel, Cain kills Abel and is sent away by God. Cain is worried and says whoever shall come upon me shall kill me. So god give him a symbol (bling) for protection.

If there were only Adam, Eve and Cain, as the first humans, with Adam and Eve not sending Cain away, who were these whomevers Cain was worried about. It was the prehumans, who were counted as the animals. They lacked the brain power that allowed free will, so they did not yet have the image of God.

I would guess that Cain wander and mated with some of the prehuman females to create half breeds. His bling, given by God, would protect him by by giving him a prestige symbol for natural selection.

So god give him a symbol (bling) for protection.
Wrong.

If there were only Adam, Eve and Cain, as the first humans, with Adam and Eve not sending Cain away, who were these whomevers Cain was worried about. It was the prehumans, who were counted as the animals. They lacked the brain power that allowed free will, so they did not yet have the image of God.

I would guess that Cain wander and mated with some of the prehuman females to create half breeds. His bling, given by God, would protect him by by giving him a prestige symbol for natural selection.
Unsupported supposition.

In chapter one of genesis it say God created man and woman.
Chapter is the creation of a spiritual man Adam

Back