Noah's Ark -- Fact or Forgery?

KennyJC said:
To be truthful Woody, I have not read your post beyond this. Perhaps if this thread is idle for the next day or so I will come back and say something further...

But the reason I have not read your post is because we have already establised that Noah's Ark is impossible.

I feel insulted that I have to debate such a childish fantasy, because we as a species have acheived so much. But you and much of humanity treat these ancient stories as fact. When backed into a corner you simply say it's magic. That totally ends the debate there Woody. Therefor the argument is at an end - You have lost.

And from my perspective you are lost.

What? A ridge? I sure haven't seen one of them before. It must be Noah's Ark.

I will bet my house that you can dig forever on that site and you will find no artifacts that resemble a man-made object... Nevermind a ship described in Genesis to carry all of Earths creatures.

If a ship can survive for hundreds of years under the ocean and still resemble something man-made, it should surely survive underground and resemble as such. Circling a ridge with a red circle is just laughable. Shame on you.

Martian_face_viking.jpg

See the face? Even we aren't immune to the deficiencies of human pattern recognition. The key is to be aware of our own limitations, imo.
And the "face on Mars." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_on_mars :lol:

spidergoat said:
That's a different location. I don't buy the first "ship" tourist attraction one bit. The second location was mentioned on CNN today.

That's a copy of the same report I threaded. I think this might be ark prospect #3.

KennyJC said:
From the perspective of a person who retorts with "it's magic", that is a compliment.

I state my own beliefs, and you take it as a retort of your own. If you really don't believe any of it then why even bother to say anything? :bugeye:

KennyJC said:
What? A ridge? I sure haven't seen one of them before. It must be Noah's Ark.

I will bet my house that you can dig forever on that site and you will find no artifacts that resemble a man-made object... Nevermind a ship described in Genesis to carry all of Earths creatures.

If a ship can survive for hundreds of years under the ocean and still resemble something man-made, it should surely survive underground and resemble as such. Circling a ridge with a red circle is just laughable. Shame on you.

Who is "you" -- your imaginary friend?

KennyJC said:
I believe you are made of swiss cheese. Prove me wrong.

So you not only converse with imaginary friends but also with swiss cheese, do you also have visions?

Mythbuster said:
Devil in queen elisabeth II canadian dollar !

Canadiandollar_devilshead.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

Interesting mini-article. Anyone ever seen the movie White Noise? What a trivially obvious case of pareidolia (and the movie actually purports to be "based on a true story. :D

A sign of true artistic intelligence! Have you ever taken a Rorschach ink blot test?

Yeesh, not again! Actually rock formations of this kind are not all that uncommon. A laccolith is an intrusion of magma that thursts up never quite reaching the surface. The ignious rock, being harder than the surrounding sedementary rock, is left exposed after erosion does its work.
This is one explanation for the rock formation, there may be others.

Noah's arc. Naaa, no way. That's just another silly story.

Mythbuster said:
Yeesh, not again! Actually rock formations of this kind are not all that uncommon. A laccolith is an intrusion of magma that thursts up never quite reaching the surface. The ignious rock, being harder than the surrounding sedementary rock, is left exposed after erosion does its work.
This is one explanation for the rock formation, there may be others.

Noah's arc. Naaa, no way. That's just another silly story.

I'd give it maybe a 5% chance of a manmade structure.

I'm as skeptical as anyone, but until someone goes to the site and determines if it just rock or the remains of a large ship, so one really knows. It is with doubt, not certainty, that knowledge proceeds.

It is written in the Bible that the ark came to rest near the mountains of Ararat which could possibly be referring to Mount Ararat in Turkey. Yet, there is a huge problem with that conclusion and it is this: There are "no" surviving remnants, not one kind, of hundreds of "foreign" animals from other continents, not even their ancient remains, (no wild lemurs, grizzlies, kangaroos, penguins, or even wild turkeys, etc!) neither within nor surrounding the whole Mediterranean region, which covers thousands of miles - especially in Turkey, which also borders the Black Sea! Those animals did not leave an ark and then simply vanish from there without a trace, Poof! In other words, no population of wild koalas or wild armadillos, etc. have ever lived in the Middle East in the past or in the present. :eek: Next, let's examine the fact that only one pair (a male and its mate) of every unclean animal were to have ever boarded the ark. There was absolutely no guarantee that either one of them was even going to be fertile in the first place. So, since at least one of the males or females out of the thousands would have been either sterile or barren, the whole premise for saving only one pair of each kind is a bad one. It is also far below the level of a God's infinite wisdom. Because with only one barren animal the whole premise self-destructs and we are left with a myth. The only one logical conclusion is that the story of Noah's Ark is a myth of epic proportions. It is only a fictional story! :bugeye:

Back