Neg Greys and Psychic Attack

Persol, not only variations of where they cut, but what they cut with, the incident angle of the cut, the pressure they apply, how far they cut, horizontally and vertically, and the shape of the cut. Have you ever heard of Forensics?

The results of the cut are physically the same. Ditto with the marks.

Neb said:
i recommend you look up the brain disease which makes people think that there spouses or loved ones are aliens or robots...i can't remember the name of the disease but it has been diagnosed, and all the people who have it also display the same loss of function in some part of their brain.

He was referring to schizophrenic type symptoms, though this may not be what he had in mind.

crazymikey said:
Yet Nebu, shouldn't a physical disease of the brain show up on an MRI scan

To which he replied:

Neb said:
no not always, MRI's detect certain neuro problems like cancer mainly don't they?
not hormonal deformaties....

Then crazymikey said:

crazymikey said:
No, the disease is detectable by MRI

And if they are depressed, they should have symptons of depression or depleted levels of serotonin. Think about it.

Even though I've come to expect it from you, but you couldn't be more wrong. Schizophrenia, and many other diseases of the brain, aren't necessarily detectable with an MRI. What can be noted is the loss of brain volume associated with schizophrenia, but this is inconclusive and not all sufferers of it have demonstrable loss of volume. Moreover, some people have normal variations in ventricle sizes (left vs. right). But regardless, it isn't the decreased/increased activity that is discovered with a MRI scan, it?s the volume of the associated ventricle.

If, however, scans are conducted during the performance of abstract reasoning / memory tasks, it is possible to note some excess dopamine activity (Meyer-Lindberg & Berman, 2002). Messenger dopamine is the likely cause of delusion and hallucination and arises deep in the brain at the striatum. Anti-psychotic drugs can suppress this excess dopamine activity and remove the delusions and hallucinations, likely driven by defect in the pre-frontal cortex. But, again, this defect might not be notable if the scan didn't include an abstract reasoning / memory exercise, and this wasn't likely to be looked for prior to 2002.

That's assuming that schizophrenia is the cause, of course. There are many genuine medical conditions often confused with schizophrenia, including Substance-induced psychoses (as a result from ingesting amphetamines, barbiturates, belladonna, cimetidine, cocaine, digitalis or PCP); disease embolism; epilepsy or brain tumors; Creuzfeldt-Jacob disease (CJD); AIDS, syphilis, herpes encephalitis; Alzheimer's disease, carbon monoxide poisoning; deficiency of vitamin B12; tuberculosis meningitis; endocrinopathies -particularly adrenal and thyroid abnormalities e.g. hyperthyroidism; Fahr's Syndrome; Hallervorden-Spatz disease; poisoning from heavy metals e.g. arsenic, manganese, mercury; Humtington's disease, hydrocephalus; metachromatic leukodystrophy; Pick's disease, Cotard's syndrome; Uremia; Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome and Wilson's disease (Johnstone, 2000). To name a few.

Meyer-Lindenberg, Andreas and Berman, Karen (2002). Reduced prefrontal activity predicts exaggerated striatal dopaminergic function in schizophrenia. Nature Neuroscience Vol. 5, 267 ? 271.
Johnstone, L (2000). Users and abusers of Psychiatry: A Critical Look at Psychiatric Practice (2nd. edition). Routledge Press.

Last edited:
Skinwalker, how about reading the text you are quoting:

No, the disease is detectable by MRI

And if they are depressed, they should have symptons of depression or depleted levels of serotonin. Think about it.

Where does it mention schizophrenia?

Perhaps I read it wrong, but I'm referring to an ongoing discussion within the thread itself, but to clarify, I've edited my post. Thanks for pointing that out. The changes of my post above are either the addition of quotes or the bolded text in the first paragraph.

Nebu, I indeed did, but not in the actual text Skincrawler initially quoted. So yes, you are out of context.

With regards to schizophrenia being detectable by MRI - Please read this article:
http://www.schizophrenia.com/schizpictures.html

UCLA Press Release - Monday, September 24, 2001

UCLA brain researchers using a powerful new technique have created the first images showing the devastating impact of schizophrenia on the brain. The findings, published in the Sept. 25 issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences*, show how a dynamic wave of tissue loss engulfs the brains of schizophrenic patients in their teen-age years.

schiz.2.comp.jpg

No offense here but didn't you miss:
http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99992448

Exert:
Brain Dissection

Standard brain imaging techniques can track the metabolic activity of some of these cells or look for changes in one or two genes. So the guilty cells can easily escape detection.

But Smith's team wanted to make a more comprehensive search. So they sliced whole brains from diseased and normal mice into 40 cubes or "voxels". DNA chips were then used to test the activity of 9000 genes in each chunk. A computer then crunched through all the data to reconstruct how disease altered gene activity.

These initial brain dissections were done by hand. But Smith's team is already developing robotics to slice and dice the brain more precisely.
Btw, I know it says mice, but just think these sort of "scans" might be done through other methods.

But that's irrelevant here. The point is that her having an MRI scan in no way shows that it isn't a mental problem... contrary to what the crazy guy keeps saying.

Persol, you dunce, I did not say mental problems should show up on an MRI scan, I said a disease of a brain, like schizophrenia should. There are other methods one employs to gauge for psychological dysfunctions. Your contention was, these abductees are psychologically impaired. In which case they they should exhibit symptons of of this impairment. Yet, John Mack, professor of psychiatry at Harvard, is publically saying the abductees are psychologically normal.

So do I go with you senseless and unsubstantiated doubts, or with, John Mack, whose had the opportunity to test the subject.

crazymikey said:
Persol, you dunce, I did not say mental problems should show up on an MRI scan, I said a disease of a brain, like schizophrenia should.
Which once again avoids the point that this could still be a mental problem... and still avoid the cyclic nature of such problems.

DK, ignore all this shit. Go talk to your family.

Back